Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2023 8:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Remyrw]
Anyone else have lousy results with them? It's not their fault, it's USPS, but sheesh. I order from Razor Emporium, stuff shows up quick. Tracking works... I order from Maggard and maybe it shows on time, maybe not, tracking is a joke. It's like their post office up there is, oh wait, it is. lol

My current order departed Detroit two days ago, but hasn't arrived anywhere, but it was supposed to be delivered today in south Texas. I haven't checked the box yet, maybe the bar code got trashed and it did get delivered, they just weren't updating the tracking because there wasn't something to scan. One can hope. I'm headed to check after eating.

I know, I know, whine whine whine. Maybe if it arrived I'll make myself feel better by shaving with the new brush and cream.

eta: as expected, no package. USPS now doesn't give an estimated arrival, just that it left their Detroit sorting facility.
ETA 2: We've made it to Dallas. So it's possible I get it tomorrow, Friday is a solid bet. I feel better now, at least it moved.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Never ordered from them but they were on my list, thanks for the heads up on slow shipping
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not really them so much as their local post office, so if you pick an option that's not USPS you should be great. They got it out the door quite promptly.
I seem to shop more at Razor Emporium, but the two shops have different selections.

I wouldn't avoid them, but if I can get it at RE I probably will. On the other hand, if I wasn't in a hurry I would order from Maggard before going to some online only place via amazon. Supporting these boutique shops is worth a little extra hassle to me. I won't accept getting ripped off or lousy service, but a little more and a little slower is ok.

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Remyrw:
It's not really them so much as their local post office, so if you pick an option that's not USPS you should be great. They got it out the door quite promptly.
I seem to shop more at Razor Emporium, but the two shops have different selections.

I wouldn't avoid them, but if I can get it at RE I probably will. On the other hand, if I wasn't in a hurry I would order from Maggard before going to some online only place via amazon. Supporting these boutique shops is worth a little extra hassle to me. I won't accept getting ripped off or lousy service, but a little more and a little slower is ok.

View Quote
Yeah I'm not gonna avoid them. Not at all..
I ordered a T2 stainless from rockwell and it took forever to arrive
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Two more orders, mostly sample sized stuff, at Maggards. We'll see if the trend continues. I'm not in a hurry for any of this stuff so it won't bother me either way. I just wanted to try out a variety of options before ordering the full size of a couple. I need to get my butt off Badger and Blade, it's costing me money, damnit. Worse than this place. I've built up a tolerance and resistance to the temptations offered here. I'm still weak when it comes to shaving stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top