Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2024 10:00:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta]
True confessions of a drug addict.

My name is buck19delta And I’m a drug addict. My drug of choice? Guns and gun related shit.

I’m here today to talk about a very real obstacle to my staying clean, and walking the straight and narrow. I mean, I really WANT to be a clean, normal guy, with extra cash to take my girl to the movies, have fun out on the town occasionally, but I have a very real obstacle, a VERY pushy drug  dealer, who is a constant temptation, and a very real threat and danger to my gun sobriety. I will be doing great, haven’t thought about gun shit in days, I think “ hey, I can kick this habit finally ! “.

Then, HE HAPPENS, and I don’t only fall off the wagon, I’m literally thrown / dragged off it kicking and screaming. .

My phone buzzes, and there’s a text. Which is essentially…PSST, hey you, yeah, YOU !

“ hey man, interested in a GREAT deal on a holosun red dot ? / sig Romeo ? / Aimpoint ? / Larue barrel ? / Larue trigger ? / U.S. optics 4x12x44 scope? / Athlon 2x12x42 scope ? / primary arms LPVO ? / night force rings ? /  mags ? / ammo ? Primers ? / other random gun shit…Etc ?

I’m like how much ? Wow,that’s a great price !

Then…NO ! I said I wasn’t buying anything else this month ! No, no !

He’s like.. “ dude, I’ll hold it for you until next payday / next month / or even July / august, just give me a small deposit.

I SAID NO !

I can’t stop thinking about that sweet, sweet gun candy though, it chews at me incessantly, like a unscratchable itch,

and within a day, 2 max I text back. “ I’ll take it “.

You think it’s bad having generic gun emails coming to your phone ? Just pray you never stumble across a dealer, then you will know some real gun addiction .

However… once the ups man delivers, it’s 100% pure ecstasy, that sweet dopamine rush floods thru you, and even better, you know you just filled another hole in your armory, increased capacity, added a new option / another ability, and that’s a permanent good feeling.

And I scurry back to my man cave with it, and lock it away in my treasure horde where it will be safe from those filthy hobittses !

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Palmetto State thread
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Commando223] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Palmetto State thread
View Quote

Daily Deals

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Palmetto State thread
View Quote

That’s the big fish to be sure, my dealer is just a small fish by comparison.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I go in spurts or phases.  Recent one was a CZ Shadow 2.  I saw it and bought it almost like something else was controlling me.  I was on autopilot.  Next was a CZ 457 varmint.  Then I'll get back on the wagon and not even be tempted for months on end till one day - BOOP! Something pops into my head and I simply must have it, so I buy it.  It's weird.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:32:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vague] [#6]
For me, it's the gun stuff. The best gun stuff. I even ask for extra gun stuff and the FFL is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for 9mm ammo and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly gun dealer laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the FFL greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS offers me three discounted firearms accessories. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local FFL, I go there at least 3 times a week for my gun fix, 1-2 times for ammo on the weekend, and maybe once for optics when I'm in a rush but want a great red dot that is affordable, fast, and can match my aiming needs.

I even skip my IRA contributions in favor of gun stuff it's awesome! What a great FFL.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#8]
While psa is a bad temptation, the EE is worse for me.

Worst of all….are police trade in places, like aim surplus, impact guns and a few others those are all far worse for me. $12.00 M&P 2.0 17 rd mags new in wrap ? I’ll take 50 !
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
While psa is a bad temptation,

police trade in places are far worse for me. $12.00 M&P 2.0 17 rd mags new in wrap ? I’ll take 50 !
View Quote

So what are these police trade in places you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Vague:
For me, it's the gun stuff. The best gun stuff. I even ask for extra gun stuff and the FFL is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for 9mm ammo and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly gun dealer laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the FFL greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS offers me three discounted firearms accessories. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local FFL, I go there at least 3 times a week for my gun fix, 1-2 times for ammo on the weekend, and maybe once for optics when I'm in a rush but want a great red dot that is affordable, fast, and can match my aiming needs.

I even skip my IRA contributions in favor of gun stuff it's awesome! What a great FFL.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you been introduced to the world of night vision and thermal? If not, I highly advise you check it out...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Drugs are bad
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
While psa is a bad temptation,

police trade in places are far worse for me. $12.00 M&P 2.0 17 rd mags new in wrap ? I’ll take 50 !

Aim surplus, impact guns, recoil gun works, etc. police trade in pistol mags of every variety imaginable, sig, ruger, S&W, glock, hk, colt, fn, pistol / rifle mags, guns, uppers, parts, aimpoints, lights, lasers, eotech, shotguns, etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:07:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#16]
Originally Posted By Voland:
Have you been introduced to the world of night vision and thermal? If not, I highly advise you check it out...
View Quote

Yes, I entered a while ago, and first got a pvs-14 and later a hogster thermal.  luckily though, its expensive enough I can avoid it easily enough.

Currently I’m focusing HEAVILY on regular optics, rifle scopes, red dots, LPVO, etc.   might go back to suppressors around first of the year, the fast turn arounds are tempting, I could use a few more, like a big 46 cal do it all, a couple compact 9mm, super tiny for .22 / .32 beretta, and a couple 5.7 ones.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Aim surplus
View Quote

Tracking that one
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi,  my name is firedog51d.

I, too, am an addict.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I get it.  My wife left for a week and I went on my gun related spending.

And my only avenue to help pay off some of that CC debt is going to the safe to sell something at a loss.  But now per the ATF's new regs., I'm suddenly and unlicensed dealer.

I've got so many gun projects rolling around in my head it's scary.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#20]
What kind of Athlon 2x12x42 scope are we talking? How much?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I don’t really have a dealer.  The gun shop with a range I shoot at kind of acts like I murdered their puppy when I start asking about transfers.  

Otherwise I’m sure PSA would bankrupt me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I am waiting on Fed Ex right now.

I order every week.  

I am the pusher.  @JDoggyHoplite  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dump1567:  I get it.  My wife left for a week and I went on my gun related spending.

And my only avenue to help pay off some of that CC debt is going to the safe to sell something at a loss.  But now per the ATF's new regs., I'm suddenly and unlicensed dealer.

I've got so many gun projects rolling around in my head it's scary.
View Quote

Not til middle of next month you're not.  Think the new rule isn't effective til 20 May.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Police trades are the milsurps of the 21st century.

Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore is another pusher of such things.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Why I stay unsubscribed to the daily deal.  Don't need the temptation.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
View Quote

Almost certainly the Helos Gen 2 2-12. I’d like to hear the price too!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Taxes and shipping have put a big chill on these guys for me. Can almost always find the same item cheaper elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#29]
You're not alone my friend. Many times I have succumbed to many deals and my wallet has lost.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
It's bad when the FFL you use when ordering guns says..."don't you think you have enough already?".

Few times I'll see a good online deal on a gun or related item. I'll take the cash out and sit it on my desk while looking at the item on my monitor, to see which looks best. Lot of times the cash goes back in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#32]
GT Dist moved, but not far enough.

They've gotten me many times with their trade-in stuff.

If PSA was close, (with apologies to Tennessee Ernie) I'd owe my soul to the company store.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Can I interest you in a C&R license?

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I picked up my 5 psa receivers today from my ffl, thanks psa, I can stop anytime I like.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#35]
If it were not for the EE here I would be retired and living in a mansion somewhere. (Oh well)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#36]
2 sides of this dilemma:

One is that compared to bass boats, Harleys, and RVs guns hold their value and you'd have to buy a lot of them with ammo to spend the same as a bass boat.

The other is that at some point you have to realize that quality is the better choice over quantity.  Having a fully tricked out AR that you enjoy shooting with (and actually shoot) plus plates, NODS, and ammo is possible if you stop buy a dozen guns that are "a good deal."
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#37]
My Dealer cut me off until I come back with enough money for that KAC SR-15 I’ve been fondling. He did sell me a used Hi-Point for cheap, just to help me get through the shakes today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#38]
My addiction was the Goodwill online EBay style auction where they sell the good stuff. I’ve gotten tons of stuff off of it. A functioning PVS-7 for $150, a new with tags Elbrestock Warhammer in Multicam for $70, packs, pouches, gun parts, etc.

Luckily now the secret is out and I get priced out of most stuff I want. It sure was good back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DayandNight1701] [#39]
I caught the bug around 2018/19.  Outside of targets and maybe a bit of ammo sometime last year, I haven't purchased anything gun related in years.  The last "gun thing" I did was revamp my AR pistol, which I haven't even test fired.

I should consider myself lucky to have grown out of the "gun addiction".  I'm down to just a few guns;  I just can't see the need to to have 30+ guns for myself. I know "boo this man!"

I do have 3 complete stripped receiver sets so the option of building them out will always be there.  They're not really worth selling and don't take up much space so I'll hang onto them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I have been doing a lot of training again.  That is expensive.  Guns, ammo, gear, travel…
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Same....i bought a SBR popo trade in last year along with 3 trade in suppressors....awfully fun way to waste money.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Do a search for whatever interests you. AIM, Recoil, Gun Mag Warehouse, Sportsman Outdoor Superstore, GT Dist., etc.

GT's Austin-area store is my Kryptonite.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#43]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

Bought two so far, $425.00 each shipped. Didn't think it was a bad price.

Id have never bought them / ever tried them ,  had he not been waving them under my nose. Great scopes though, I got a couple compact us optics 4x12 scopes as well, love those too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By treasurediver:
My addiction was the Goodwill online EBay style auction where they sell the good stuff. I’ve gotten tons of stuff off of it. A functioning PVS-7 for $150, a new with tags Elbrestock Warhammer in Multicam for $70, packs, pouches, gun parts, etc.

Luckily now the secret is out and I get priced out of most stuff I want. It sure was good back in the day.
View Quote

Username checks out!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I wasn't planning on buying any guns for a while, and then PSA had RDBs for sale.

So now I've got one of those.

Originally Posted By M4Michael:

View Quote

Must be. I ordered an M&P 40 from PSA and when I went to pick it up, the dealer had two bins full of revolvers from a prison that just upgraded. So I went home with two M&Ps.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lighthammer72:
I wasn't planning on buying any guns for a while, and then PSA had RDBs for sale.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vv4bTyMf/Screenshot-20240425-161343.png

Must be. I ordered an M&P 40 from PSA and when I went to pick it up, the dealer had two bins full of revolvers from a prison that just upgraded. So I went home with two M&Ps.

https://i.postimg.cc/mDLLnPS9/IMG-20230224-171032021.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lighthammer72:

https://i.postimg.cc/Vv4bTyMf/Screenshot-20240425-161343.png

Originally Posted By M4Michael:

https://i.postimg.cc/mDLLnPS9/IMG-20230224-171032021.jpg

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I have four transfers waiting at my dealer; 5 last month.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I can’t find anything I want except .22’s.
Haven’t bought anything, still don’t have any but I still want some. Funny part is I’ve got a butt load of .22 ammo.

What I REALLY want to do is get rid of a bunch of stuff.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Psst, need an optic?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Strela:
GT Dist moved, but not far enough.

They've gotten me many times with their trade-in stuff.

If PSA was close, (with apologies to Tennessee Ernie) I'd owe my soul to the company store.
View Quote

GT is the worst...selling PoPo trade ins at great prices.
Not to mention premium ammo at sane prices.
I'll just have to stop going by entirely...after one last trip next week.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top