Page / 15
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Oh, aren't you the the better man in your own mind.

Here's little old me's take: An invasion involves foreigners interloping into foreign land in violation of that land's laws, no qualifiers necessary. Nefarious purposes only make it worse. Yeah, I'm equating them both as being invasions, because that's what they are. The difference is, I don't try to argue that we should suck off other countries for funding to deal with it. It's our problem, & WE should be prioritizing & handling it. Same should apply to other countries. Got problems? Deal with them, & without screeching for welfare from abroad. Not all invasions are military in nature, but they all have consequences. This invasion will have lasting consequences. Look for its impacts in politics, law, social culture, economics, to name a few.

Or just write it off as a nothingburger, like most self-absorbed sportsball & sitcom entertained idiots across the country. Nothing to see here, or anywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:

Holy shit.

Where have I cheered illegal immigration? Guess what what I haven't. Try keeping to the topic, and avoid making shit up. I know it's hard.

You are ignoring the difference between Russia's invasion and illegal migration, ie one is state sponsored and the other is not.

The we I'm referring to are people who don't emotional screech invasion and have some semblance of rationality.

Here's little old me's take: An invasion involves foreigners interloping into foreign land in violation of that land's laws, no qualifiers necessary. Nefarious purposes only make it worse. Yeah, I'm equating them both as being invasions, because that's what they are. The difference is, I don't try to argue that we should suck off other countries for funding to deal with it. It's our problem, & WE should be prioritizing & handling it. Same should apply to other countries. Got problems? Deal with them, & without screeching for welfare from abroad. Not all invasions are military in nature, but they all have consequences. This invasion will have lasting consequences. Look for its impacts in politics, law, social culture, economics, to name a few.

Or just write it off as a nothingburger, like most self-absorbed sportsball & sitcom entertained idiots across the country. Nothing to see here, or anywhere.

The invasion of the southern border of the US is of MUCH greater consequence than the invasion of Uke's border by Russia.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Holy shit.

Where have I cheered illegal immigration? Guess what what I haven't. Try keeping to the topic, and avoid making shit up. I know it's hard.

You are ignoring the difference between Russia's invasion and illegal migration, ie one is state sponsored and the other is not.

The we I'm referring to are people who don't emotional screech invasion and have some semblance of rationality.

Who is making false accusations here?  Try and show some character. Unlike you, I don't need to create a strawman in my head to rationalize my unsupported views.  But hey, you do you.

Your take isn't really relevant here, we are talking about terms that have commonly held meanings, that also have legal meanings.  What you think something means is irrelevant.  By your logic we should be at war with Canada, and every African country should be at war with each other.  All invasions are by nature state coordinated, since without a unifying goal for the "invaders" you have no corporate intent and are left with thousands of individual motivations.  

Immigration is a central issue in the election and polls show that.  Both parties have expressed desire to address the southern border, but differ on what should be done.  Imagining a fictitious dolt that is uncaring is just stupid.  Few people on this message board have expressed the desire to do nothing, but many more have the ability to have a nuanced opinion about foreign policy and boarder security.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By elmidgeto:

No, it's really not. "R's" will win SD regardless, so Trump's getting the state's electoral votes.

My not voting for any candidate who chooses to piss on the Constitution and further delegitimize the federal government will have no affect over all, other than me voting my conscience. You do you, but I am going to continuing going to the polls, and only voting for candidates who support the Constitution.

Voting "R" uber alles is how we got here, and now the party is too entrenched for meaningful change.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elmidgeto:
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

They're the same thing.

No, it's really not. "R's" will win SD regardless, so Trump's getting the state's electoral votes.

My not voting for any candidate who chooses to piss on the Constitution and further delegitimize the federal government will have no affect over all, other than me voting my conscience. You do you, but I am going to continuing going to the polls, and only voting for candidates who support the Constitution.

Voting "R" uber alles is how we got here, and now the party is too entrenched for meaningful change.

Okay. You do you, too.

But, the federal government has delegitimized itself far, far beyond anything Trump could do. In fact, I would argue Trump wants to bring the DS cabal back under control and keep it from selling us out to foreign interests who actively seek our destruction and our subservience (like the UN, WEF, IMF, etc, etc).
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]

So what? I can find pics of Lebanon that look orders of magnitude worse. Is this your argument? Is America supposed to fork over every time & everywhere a bomb gets dropped on a building? Get over it. We don't owe any other foreign nation anything at this point, & we have our own problems to resolve. Nations owe it to themselves to be able to defend their citizens & territory, & if they don't care to invest resources to do that - like Ukraine  - then that's on them. We have no legal or moral obligation to throw money at them or anyone else in that regard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
And yes, you guys get to run roughshod on the COC.

And the smug self rightousness always reminds me of C S. Lewis:

The numerous Arfcom members of the pro Ukraine crowd beg to differ.

The smugness is very evident in many of these threads-I agree.

“Ukraine should just surrender so they don’t get nuked!”

This was a Russian missile that struck an apartment home.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_3264_jpeg-3195538.JPG

Originally Posted By Tirador223:

Honestly, this thing about the FPNI is really uncanny.

Let me spell it out for you: Fuck Marjorie Taylor Green.  Fuck her and the idiots that voted her into office.

Edited to add: sorry your girl got elected.

Exactly.

So what? I can find pics of Lebanon that look orders of magnitude worse. Is this your argument? Is America supposed to fork over every time & everywhere a bomb gets dropped on a building? Get over it. We don't owe any other foreign nation anything at this point, & we have our own problems to resolve. Nations owe it to themselves to be able to defend their citizens & territory, & if they don't care to invest resources to do that - like Ukraine  - then that's on them. We have no legal or moral obligation to throw money at them or anyone else in that regard.

You're exactly right, of course.

But, please, allow me to introduce you to a primer for understanding why "we" do what we do. This is the single most informative Tweet I've ever read. I'd never heard of "institutionalized democracy", but it's exactly what Trump seeks to end.

Please, read:
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Yes, parties are coalitions that are difficult to control.  To say that they are controlled by the opposing side shows an immense ignorance.
View Quote

Not really.

Not when you understand the powers at work behind the scenes (amongst the leadership, to be sure, but there a far too many faux "conservatives").

As Dan Bongino says: "There are plenty of Republicans who are really Democrats, but there are NO Democrats who are really Republicans."
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Hyperbole doesn't make your claims true.  Migration legal or illegal does not equate to an invasion.  Words have meanings, and doomer fallacies doesn't magically make something true.
View Quote

Your denial stage will pass.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

That’s been every war since wwII.

View Quote

You're onto something... Now, ask yourself why.

Read the Tweet I posted above.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By nomansland:
There are several of you that are clearly on a different side than me on the issue of Ukraine funding.  I understand that people can have different opinions, but I want to point out some facts about MTG.

Here are the bills and ammendments she has authored in her time in the House: https://www.congress.gov/member/marjorie-greene/G000596?q=%7B%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22%7D

In the 2021-22 session, she authored bills such as Protect America First, Gun Onwer Privacy Act, Second Amendment Preservation Act; but she has no similar 2nd ammendment or immigration legislation this year (there is one bill this session to name ANTIFA a terrorist organization).

In this session she seems to have focused on Ukraine with 9 ammendments to zero funding or somehow place limits on what can be provided to Ukraine.  The most telling to me is a failed ammendment to prevent DOD from sending cluster munitions to Ukraine in the Fall NDAA: https://www.congress.gov/amendment/118th-congress/house-amendment/243?s=4&r=39

Tying the hands of DOD to specifically NOT send cluster munitions is not concern about government spending, but specifically about helping Russia on the battlefield.

At this point I believe MTG is under the influence of Russia, whether she realizes it or not (it could be someone on her staff or close circle).

The balance of the majority of her legislation this year is to either impeach or set somones salary to zero (Lloyd Austin, Mayorkas, Amanda Bennett, Pete Buttigieg, Rachel Levine, Miguel Cardona).

She raised more money from California than Texas, and received significant money from Illinois and New York: https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/marjorie-taylor-greene/geography?cid=N00044701&cycle=2022  Over 90% of her funding comes from outside of her district.
View Quote

Hogwash.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Now we know why they had the sit down meeting. We secretly shipped the missiles Mikey boy. Might as well pay for them now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jb31:
Johnson comes out against Brandon Herrera tells me all I need to know about him.  Fuck Johnson.  She's right.
View Quote

Bears repeating.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]

The same thing happens all over the world, and yet we magically don't call them invasion. Probably because people who some basic reasoning skills know what words mean.  Pretty shitty argument there sweetheart.
View Quote

You don't think the mass migrations into Europe qualify as invasions?

Well, bless your heart.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Holy shit.

View Quote

The US gov is PAYING for the invasion (and is the #1 financier behind it)!!! Damn! You have no clue what you're talking about! 2nd are our buddies at the UN, then the WEF, IMF, et al - and countless NGOs - also, mostly paid for by our tax dollars.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Hogwash.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nomansland:
There are several of you that are clearly on a different side than me on the issue of Ukraine funding.  I understand that people can have different opinions, but I want to point out some facts about MTG.

Here are the bills and ammendments she has authored in her time in the House: https://www.congress.gov/member/marjorie-greene/G000596?q=%7B%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22%7D

In the 2021-22 session, she authored bills such as Protect America First, Gun Onwer Privacy Act, Second Amendment Preservation Act; but she has no similar 2nd ammendment or immigration legislation this year (there is one bill this session to name ANTIFA a terrorist organization).

In this session she seems to have focused on Ukraine with 9 ammendments to zero funding or somehow place limits on what can be provided to Ukraine.  The most telling to me is a failed ammendment to prevent DOD from sending cluster munitions to Ukraine in the Fall NDAA: https://www.congress.gov/amendment/118th-congress/house-amendment/243?s=4&r=39

Tying the hands of DOD to specifically NOT send cluster munitions is not concern about government spending, but specifically about helping Russia on the battlefield.

At this point I believe MTG is under the influence of Russia, whether she realizes it or not (it could be someone on her staff or close circle).

The balance of the majority of her legislation this year is to either impeach or set somones salary to zero (Lloyd Austin, Mayorkas, Amanda Bennett, Pete Buttigieg, Rachel Levine, Miguel Cardona).

She raised more money from California than Texas, and received significant money from Illinois and New York: https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/marjorie-taylor-greene/geography?cid=N00044701&cycle=2022  Over 90% of her funding comes from outside of her district.

Hogwash.

Below is the text of the amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that she put forth on 7/13/2023 (the scary part is 147 voted in favor, likely because of how partisan this issue has become and most didn't realize there was no monetary savings by this: https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2023317).

Why do you think she offered this amendment if not to help Russia?

America first by paying americans to decommision these at home or send to Ukraine?

48. An Amendment To Be Offered by Representative Greene of Georgia or
                Her Designee, Debatable for 10 Minutes

At the end of subtitle C of title XVIII, add the following:

SEC. 1. PROHIBITION.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, including
section 614 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C.
2364), no military assistance shall be furnished for cluster
munitions, no defense export license for cluster munitions may
be issued, and no cluster munitions or cluster munitions
technology shall be sold or transferred to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Hogwash.
View Quote

She actually did.

Why are cluster munitions so bad for Ukraine to use but okay for Russia?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#16]

She actually did.

View All Quotes

Hogwash.

She actually did.

Ukraine is free to use their cluster munitions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Hogwash.

She actually did.

eDM: You are right.
Only feed the troll if it is fun, there is no integrity in his arguments.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Who is making false accusations here?  Try and show some character. Unlike you, I don't need to create a strawman in my head to rationalize my unsupported views.  But hey, you do you.

Your take isn't really relevant here, we are talking about terms that have commonly held meanings, that also have legal meanings.  What you think something means is irrelevant.  By your logic we should be at war with Canada, and every African country should be at war with each other.  All invasions are by nature state coordinated, since without a unifying goal for the "invaders" you have no corporate intent and are left with thousands of individual motivations.  

Immigration is a central issue in the election and polls show that.  Both parties have expressed desire to address the southern border, but differ on what should be done.  Imagining a fictitious dolt that is uncaring is just stupid.  Few people on this message board have expressed the desire to do nothing, but many more have the ability to have a nuanced opinion about foreign policy and boarder security.
View Quote

By your logic home invasions are not real invasions.

Nope, both parties my ass, half of one party wants to restore America and half of said party and the entire of the other want no borders at all.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

Nope, both parties my ass, half of one party wants to restore America and half of said party and the entire of the other want no borders at all.
View All Quotes

Not at all, and that is a piss poor analogy.  There are specific laws dealing with property crime in the US.  This isn't hard.

If one party wants open borders then why have they been trying to pass legislation to deal with the border?  Just saying shit doesn't magically make it true.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Defending communism. Interesting line of logic for someone who claims and purports themselves to be anti-Socialist.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/banned_political_parties_ukraine_png-3194906.JPG

Zelenskyy has done what many here want to do in the USA-banned socialist and communist parties.

Why do you use the term "oppression parties"?

Such as what?

Closing FSB and GRU intel houses is not a crime.

Since we're on the subject, let's discuss this since you conveniently forgot to bring it up:

https://ugcc.ua/en/data/russian-occupation-authorities-ban-ugcc-activities-in-the-occupied-part-of-zaporizhzhia-region-793/#:~:text=The%20Russian%20occupation%20authorities%20issued,territory%20of%20the%20Zaporizhzhia%20region

The Russian occupation authorities issued an “order” to ban the activities of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, as well as the Knights of Columbus and Caritas organizations engaged in social service in the occupied territory of the Zaporizhzhia region. The “order” of the alleged head of the occupation military-civilian administration of Zaporizhzhia region, collaborator Yevhen Balytsky, was published on his official website.

Gonzalo Lira was arrested because he was filming and trying to expose Ukrainian defensive positions in Kharkiv. He was released on pre-trial house arrest.

He tried to run for the border to Hungary and was arrested and held again. Who knew that an overweight, 2 pack a day, "sex tourist", with chronic health problems was not going to live long under arrest conditions that would not be a problem for me or any healthy adult male?

When I went to Europe I was on my best behavior. I was polite and didn't go poking around Nato and European defensive establishments trying to get data for the enemy side.

I subsequently left and went home and came back multiple times as a friend and now family. Magic

Speaking of ol' Gonzalo...

@Dagoth-UR any comment on the American who was tortured, executed, and decapitated by Russian soldiers?

Disappearance and death
According to the local Russian police and his wife, Bentley went missing on April 8, 2024. On April 12, 2024, Russian media reported that he was missing in Donetsk. The Vostok Battalion confirmed his death on April 19, 2024, via social media. According to information that appeared on social networks after his death, Bentley was detained by men in military uniform soldiers of the 5th Tank Brigade from Buryatia) while filming the aftermath of a Ukrainian bomb attack on a military unit, being mistaken for a spy, after which he was tortured and killed. Alexander Khodakovsky, one of the leaders of the self-proclaimed DPR, demanded in his telegram channel that “those who killed Russell Bentley” be punished, but they quickly deleted their message.

Why no cries for justice for him? He's an American citizen! There should be hell to pay, right? An American was tortured by Russian soldiers.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/russian_soldiers_seizing_weapons_3_png-3194924.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/russian_soldiers_seizing_weapons_2_png-3194925.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/russian_soldiers_seizing_weapons_1_png-3194926.JPG

These are Russian soldiers seizing weapons from Ukrainian civilians. The Ukrainian government isn't taking guns from them. The Russians are.

When you use the term "special military operation" you out yourself. That is a term only those who are pro-Russian use. Nobody in the sea of people known as Arfcom use that except people in the Z brigade.

You have to enlist in the RuAF. After all, you push pro-Russian talking points. All of them and even type using phrases that scream "I am not a native speaker. Hello fellow American gun owner".

Why do I get major Russian accents in my head when I read your posts?

This is not an American phrase. An American would say "If you feel so strongly why haven't you..." not "You feel so strong, why haven't you.."

The punctuation and grammar is as the new kids say "Sus AF".

@carmelbythese

Sigh...
View Quote

@dagoth-ur
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#21]

The US gov is PAYING for the invasion (and is the #1 financier behind it)!!! Damn! You have no clue what you're talking about! 2nd are our buddies at the UN, then the WEF, IMF, et al - and countless NGOs - also, mostly paid for by our tax dollars.
View All Quotes

Holy shit.

Let's assume for a second your claims are true.

If the US is paying for the invasion, then wouldn't it not be an invasion?  The US would then by it's own volition be allowing migrants to come in.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Well, bless your heart.
View All Quotes

The same thing happens all over the world, and yet we magically don't call them invasion. Probably because people who some basic reasoning skills know what words mean.  Pretty shitty argument there sweetheart.

Well, bless your heart.

It is not.  Nor are migrant flows in Africa.  

It really isn't that hard to understand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#24]

You're exactly right, of course.

But, please, allow me to introduce you to a primer for understanding why "we" do what we do. This is the single most informative Tweet I've ever read. I'd never heard of "institutionalized democracy", but it's exactly what Trump seeks to end.

Please, read:
View Quote
@Former11BRAVO
Excellant post! Sent me down a rabbit hole, ie, Katherine Maher, the new CEO of NPR. Scary.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't believe that some of you believe:
1) Ukraine is a democracy
2) Ukraine Can defeat Russia without direct intervention by NATO
3) Continued support to the lost cause will change the end result.

We can fund the slaughter of more Russians (and more Ukrainians), but is this helpful?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Not at all, and that is a piss poor analogy.  There are specific laws dealing with property crime in the US.  This isn't hard.

If one party wants open borders then why have they been trying to pass legislation to deal with the border?  Just saying shit doesn't magically make it true.
View Quote

If you bothered to read those bills you would know it does not nothing to fix the problem, merely funds the invasion, hires more DHS/BP agents to help spread the cancer faster.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#27]

@dagoth-ur
View Quote

You will get my attention in the order it was received.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By skippycoop:

We can fund the slaughter of more Russians (and more Ukrainians), but is this helpful?
View Quote

It is if you hate European, and want to trigger WW3.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Lets go
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#30]
Originally Posted By skippycoop:

View Quote

They are a Democratic nation. Literally they selected their leaders like we do.

Ukraine can absolutely win by Russia running out of reserves of hardware and their war economy that they're on which is only helping them in the short term and will be a massive economic disaster when the bill comes due.

It is helpful preventing WW3. Which would make 61 billion in Arms for Ukraine seem like pennies by comparison when Russia breaks through Ukraine lines. Putin then figures NATO is a paper tiger because we wouldn't even give arms to people to fight Russia. If we couldn't even do that Russia knows or thinks we won't fight, and they attack NATO.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:31:48 AM EDT
[#31]

If you bothered to read those bills you would know it does not nothing to fix the problem, merely funds the invasion, hires more DHS/BP agents to help spread the cancer faster.
View All Quotes

@Dagoth-Ur

Is that all the Senate bill did?  Are you forgetting about tightening up asylum rules?  What about the provision to shut the border down?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:00:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Ukraine has always been the sacrificial lamb.  Anyone with a brain can figure out
that Ukr was never going to win.  Their men, however, can do plenty of damage to the Russian military before the inevitable take over.

The problem is the EU militaries are a paper tiger without US backing.  We're gonna have to do the heavy lifting for them again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:43:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#33]

View All Quotes

More with the bad English.

Defending yourself or your neighbor isn’t a cause for ww3.

Why have numerous people been arrested for spying for Russia in Germany and planning attacks in the Uk?

Defending communist parties (which you correctly described as “oppression parties”) is an interesting line of logic for someone allegedly wanting to defend freedom.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#34]
What's a fair price in Trillions to pay to see Russia set back a half generation at most?

If nothing else, Russia has a history of throwing waves (millions) of bodies at conflicts--was it twice, or three times in the last 100 years

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

@dagoth-UR
Page / 15
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top