Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2024 7:54:57 PM EDT
abit a rusty steel trap........

Went to 1st lodge meeting since getting back in last night. Wanted to go with Dad when we got back in but his health wasn't good and since he passed we didn't dare leave Mom alone. Not really sure if it was because of her or because of us. I made it my New Year's resolution to attend every stated monthly meeting and all the degrees that I can. It's just like riding a bike and I had the opening for JW and JD letter perfect. I guess that is the difference between "learning something" and just memorizing it.  A few things I had forget like the number of gavels to stand and the signs. Pro tip don't watch the East but I did remember right after I screwed that up about where the right hand always goes.

Was a long meeting due to start of the year business and raising dues was a topic of business. Those are always spiritedly debated and passionately so. I guess I never knew that the Grand Lodge gets a certain percent of dues per member. I always thought it was a set amount. Going to have to get me a little pocket calendar because there is a lot going on it seems.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you are back. I wish I could attend Blue lodge more. My work schedule makes it difficult but I can make the Scottish Rite so I focus my efforts there
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Per capita.  I don't know of a G.L. that doesn't assess it.

I have been Finance Chair for several years in UT.  One of our duties is proposing the per capita rate each year.  It's frustrating to get incredible pushback trying to increase it $1-$2.
View Quote
Yeah I guess I just never cared enough to know about it back in the day. I knew there was a fee for the GL but never really how it was assessed.   Treasurer's report was always short and sweet like we got X and paid out Y which looking back is probably why it only lasted about 35 years. It got absorbed into the lodge I'm in now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear you got back into Lodge.

And yea, the per capita seems a bit much to me, but at the same time at least in my case, dues are about $100, so it's not a ton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top