Quoted:

I read that as dripping with sarcasm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont worry guys. Most cops are pro 2A and would never enforce these types of laws. I know the sheriff of my tiny county in the middle of nowhere would never enforce a red flag law.

You serious Clark?

I read that as dripping with sarcasm.

Don’t take anything for granted these days.
That’s why I seriously asked……..
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
36 people such a threat and so dangerous that they gave up their guns without a fight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’d love to be wrong so please share sources, but I dont think I’ve seen anything to suggest that. She won almost 2-1 over the next closest candidate in the primary.

Polling consistently showed she was leading for the most part of the primary. Trump endorsed her. She certainly had some vocal support here. I don’t doubt she got support from democrats, but I don’t think they swung the race by 200k+ votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good thing our state GoP picked the right hills to die on. Totally worth surrendering the state government for lost causes.

Surrendering implies they were fighting to begin with. They weren't. What they did to Tudor Dixon in the last election should have proven that we have a one party system in the state.

Tudor Dixon, who shouldn't have even been on the ballot...

we have GOT to fix our open primaries. We've been getting steadily screwed by the lefties on that for the last, what four Gov elections at least?

Whether you liked her or not, it was what we had. The state GOP did NOTHING to support her. I didn't see signs with her name on it until 3 or 4 weeks before the election.

I will definitely agree on the open primaries, but even if they are fixed, the states GOP has already proven they are selective on who they will support. I am thinking the only way we are going to REALLY fix the problem is with a viable third party.

It’s not the GOPs fault that republican voters nominated an awful candidate. The state GOP might be completely incompetent, but that’s not what lost the election. Nominating an awful fucking candidate lost the election. The only people to blame are the people who supported her in the primary.

Except it wasn’t Republican voters that nominated the unelectable candidate.

I’d love to be wrong so please share sources, but I dont think I’ve seen anything to suggest that. She won almost 2-1 over the next closest candidate in the primary.

Polling consistently showed she was leading for the most part of the primary. Trump endorsed her. She certainly had some vocal support here. I don’t doubt she got support from democrats, but I don’t think they swung the race by 200k+ votes.

The best candidate was stripped from running by supposed faulty signatures on his petition to be on the ballot.  Then the Dems all crossed over on the primary to vote her in as the GOP nominee, it was all over social media here.  I saw it at my polling place, no one in line for Dem primary, but a line for GOP ballot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The best candidate was stripped from running by supposed faulty signatures on his petition to be on the ballot.  Then the Dems all crossed over on the primary to vote her in as the GOP nominee, it was all over social media here.  I saw it at my polling place, no one in line for Dem primary, but a line for GOP ballot.
View Quote

Where was this?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where was this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where was this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/5-gop-candidates-blocked-michigan-governors-primary-false-signatures-rcna30673
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where was this?
View Quote

Post above this has link on candidate story.  2022 midterm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good thing our state GoP picked the right hills to die on. Totally worth surrendering the state government for lost causes.

Surrendering implies they were fighting to begin with. They weren't. What they did to Tudor Dixon in the last election should have proven that we have a one party system in the state.

Tudor Dixon, who shouldn't have even been on the ballot...

we have GOT to fix our open primaries. We've been getting steadily screwed by the lefties on that for the last, what four Gov elections at least?

Whether you liked her or not, it was what we had. The state GOP did NOTHING to support her. I didn't see signs with her name on it until 3 or 4 weeks before the election.

I will definitely agree on the open primaries, but even if they are fixed, the states GOP has already proven they are selective on who they will support. I am thinking the only way we are going to REALLY fix the problem is with a viable third party.

It’s not the GOPs fault that republican voters nominated an awful candidate. The state GOP might be completely incompetent, but that’s not what lost the election. Nominating an awful fucking candidate lost the election. The only people to blame are the people who supported her in the primary.

And it was the parties fault for not supporting their candidate.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
36 people such a threat and so dangerous that they gave up their guns without a fight.
View Quote

It does give pause.

If this were 36 cases where the red flag law resulted in accompanying bombs, kill lists, and assault maps of the local school or whatever, I might actually go: well... hmm.

Or is this 36 ex-husband's who said they don't like some politician and BAM Red-Flagged?

The fact that the number is *Just* 36 is far less material than how is it actually being used?.  Were those 36 really the threat we were warned about?  Article appears to say very little - other than they didnt put up a fight.  So did 36 peaceful dudes got 4th amendment violated then?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Until they start getting significant problems disarming people, this will continue.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top