Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2024 1:58:15 PM EDT
I've been a tech for 20ish years.  Due to the increased COL, I'm doing mobile gigs on the weekends for the general public.

Sticking to what I know, Eurotrash and exotics, hoping to weed out the roaches that come with your typical broke client.

What are you guys charging?  Do you charge a flat "service fee" to at least cover drive-time/fuel?

Right now, I'm letting the client supply the parts but that has it's own issues, plus I'm leaving money on the table in parts mark-up.  

I've been told to get 50% up front for larger jobs, but that doesn't feel right either.

Any tips or suggestions?

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
And make sure you know how to handle non payers.  Get a signed contract before authorizing the work to be done and the price.
When they dont pay up, have the paperwork ready to do a lien or if everybody's local, small claims court.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top