Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2023 9:33:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muniti] [#1]
Originally Posted By Subnet:
I really want you guys to help me establish a "moderation culture" here...of some kind. Tight? Loose? Somewhere in between? You tell me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barbcue] [#2]
I think you're on the right track Subnet.

We are a fast and loose BSing sort but also no nonsense and squared away when it comes down to it as well.
I think keeping it fast and loose for awhile is a good idea (for now) as it's in it's infancy.

I think most all issues will sort themselves out as time goes on and we see how it matures as well.

I don't know about others but i will do my best to make this a valuable and fun place for anyone interested in Trucking, and i bet most of the Arfcom *Gear Shifters* will as well.

I just need to learn how to post pics..

Again,

"Hats off to you Sir" for giving us our own YARD..

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
In other words, snark is not only allowed, it's sort of encouraged. Have fun.
View Quote
I'm good with it.

If someone has thin skin and gets offended easily they wouldn't be in trucking  
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Cattle truck.
I can smell the bullshit already.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barbcue] [#6]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
Cattle truck.
I can smell the bullshit already.
View Quote

Beats stepping in it.

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it's a great idea.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
moderate a trucking forum........................................you know what you getting yourself into I hope.

truck drivers and steering wheel holders have a language barrier in a sort of way
for the most part if a sentence doesnt have a "fuck you right" or 'shut da fuck up " some place, it aint a complete sentence

good luck modding and thanks for a place to tell the other cb rambos i aint got no panties on
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been a few trucking forums over the years. Ones that were highly moderated drove good knowledge and people away due to the BS. I'd just see how this pans out for now playing loose.Thanks Subnet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it would be good to keep the trolls out.  There’s no reason for it.  

A heated debate about industry-related stuff is different than some troll from GD coming in and start blabbering about how much they hate trucks, IMO
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow.

A trucking forum.

We live in heady times, my friends.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Dang, cool add subnet!

Peasant 4 wheeler here but will be hanging in the shadows! Spent time years ago driving straight trucks and single axle dumps doing local delivery stuff years ago. Life went a different way but totally get the appeal of burning up the miles in big iron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top