Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2023 11:59:32 AM EDT
The modern blue-tooth earbuds are a marvel, and the TOZO NC9's are are phenomenal steal of a value for the plane and sound great to me.  For a traveling guy on an airplane, they are a GodSend, and the music quality to me is remarkably good.   At about $35.  They have essentially no NRR though, unfortunately.  Whereas the Walker units have 22-25 NRR (depending on what your read), which would be great as a cross-purpose item.  But apparently have a terrible reputation for problems.

I'm curious, has anyone tried replacing the tips on a set of TOZO's with something with a better NRR?  I'd like to learn more on that, if so please!
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Noise reduction doesn't reduce the decibels delivered to your ear so you'll still get hearing damage with excessive levels.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
Noise reduction doesn't reduce the decibels delivered to your ear so you'll still get hearing damage with excessive levels.
View Quote

Correct, the electronic noise cancelling has no benefit to our shooting interest.  But a pretty great feature for all other general-purpose usages.  The Walker version has tips that also have an NRR rating.  But apparently are otherwise fairly terrible ear-buds.   So the question is, can one get a high NRR foam tip adapated to a Tozo, and achieve similar results but now with a higher quality earbud?  Not sure if it's so easy as just that, which is why I'm asking.  If I have a clever idea, someone else has also had that clever idea, and figured out how to do it (or failed miserably because it's wasn't so good a clever idea after all).  Hence the ask!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top