Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I do understand the sentiment as I rode bikes for years (both Harleys and Japanese) and have nearly been taken out by the typical little old lady who ‘just didn’t see me’. The truth be told, 99.9% of the time in negative interactions between cagers and bikers, the car driver actually and honestly really didn’t see the bike due to size, speed etc. Instead of getting indignant and furious about morons in cars (and many of them are) I came to the realization that I actually was invisible to many of them and to ride defensively at all times.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
“GRASS CLIPPINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lexustech48] [#3]
If you're annoyed by my bright ass LED headlights, or are annoyed by my loud exhaust, then guess what ... You know I'm there.

Ride like EVERYONE is out to kill you and you should be fine. But then again, people like OP don't understand motorcycles or the fun in riding them
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SweetKnuckles:

Never in my life seen a bike in a Handicap spot…not saying it’s never happened, but certainly not rampant.
You’re stretching hard man.

Disintegrated spot?

The tone of your post…smacks of… Karen.

View Quote

And ironically, it's the karens in cars that most scare me when i'm riding.  Hell, they scare me when i'm driving, and one who didn't pay attention to the color of her light got me in my first accident in a very ling time earlier this year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
When I saw title I figured it was FL and thought “Watch out for Motorcycles”.  

Sure enough, OP you are spot on.   Why do people ride aggressively, zip between cars, lack of defensive driving skills and basic courtesy, etc. and then attempt to lecture us with stickers and now classy retarded hi-viz shirts.  

I say watch for F150s and heavy passenger vehicles.

There are a lot of professional riders out there but majority on the riders are expecting other vehicles to respect their authority and yield.   Kinda a Darwin experiment.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Max429:
I wonder of the how many people who will disparage riders here, would admit they won't put their phones down while driving???  Or admit they had a close call because they were looking at their phone???
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Every single driving related thread in GD:

"I'm the only person on the road that knows how to drive."
"Everyone else is in my way."
"You deserve to be run out of the road if you won't make way for me." Or even "I should have shot them."
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By junker46:
I snapped this  a while back as she and her old man disembarked from their Snarly cruiser and trooped inside the market.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/q94/junker46/Screenshot_2024-05-04_12.26.01_PM.png

The t-shirt kind of jumped out because of the message. It kind of struck me oddly, because riding a motorcycle was a choice, and when you do, you take your chances.  But beyond that, I see a lot of asshat riding and other actions that yell "Hey man, watch out! I'm on a motorcycle!". Lane splitting, going to the front of a column of cars at a light, running red lights, passing on solid lines, riding in blind spots, Groups of bikes crowding through lights and hogging lanes.

And there are signs all over warning us all to WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES! In yards, stores, bumper stickers, online, wherever. Like a national mania.

Parking, I see them blocking handicap spots, blocking the sidewalks by parking on them, And I've noticed the bike guys at work pitched a fit when the disintegrated spot for them wasn't jammed up to the entry gate because "Hey man, it might be cold or raining". Fuck that, you're a motor vehicle like everyone else, find a spot and park.

What say the hive? Is this extra privilege?  Is it deserving?

View Quote

Maybe privileged but most definitely entitled. They are absolutely a group that fully expects polite society to protect them against reality and the laws of physics when they engage in stupid behavior. Many- not all -are idiots or take unsafe chances on the road then act indignant and mad when the real world slaps them.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 2Frosty:
I know the op said he doesn’t hate motorcyclists. Well I use to have a foaming at the mouth hatred of them. I would be walking with my friends and have to pause my conversation when the assholes drove by.

When I first got married this fat lesbo at the apartment complex would crank her bike at 4 in the morning. I couldn’t put my son to sleep with the windows open.

I’m sorry your hobby scares you so much you can’t do it without inconveniencing 100s of people. Maybe you should take up crocheting.

Two guys stopping and going for through a stop sign? Great! Three? Fine. 20?  Let’s be honest the only reason you behave without your friends is because you’re scared. When there are 20 your real self is exposed.

Btw. Rode a bike for years but I’m not an asshat
View Quote

I once had a neighbor that did that at 5am. It was irritating as shit. I really wanted to talk to him about it, but he was a member of the Pagans and I figured it wouldn't go over too well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I snapped this  a while back as she and her old man disembarked from their Snarly cruiser and trooped inside the market.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/q94/junker46/Screenshot_2024-05-04_12.26.01_PM.png

The t-shirt kind of jumped out because of the message. It kind of struck me oddly, because riding a motorcycle was a choice, and when you do, you take your chances.  But beyond that, I see a lot of asshat riding and other actions that yell "Hey man, watch out! I'm on a motorcycle!". Lane splitting, going to the front of a column of cars at a light, running red lights, passing on solid lines, riding in blind spots, Groups of bikes crowding through lights and hogging lanes.

And there are signs all over warning us all to WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES! In yards, stores, bumper stickers, online, wherever. Like a national mania.

Parking, I see them blocking handicap spots, blocking the sidewalks by parking on them, And I've noticed the bike guys at work pitched a fit when the disintegrated spot for them wasn't jammed up to the entry gate because "Hey man, it might be cold or raining". Fuck that, you're a motor vehicle like everyone else, find a spot and park.

View Quote

Check to see if your sense of humor calibration is expired. Your sense of importance certainly is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Snozberry:

Maybe privileged but most definitely entitled. They are absolutely a group that fully expects polite society to protect them against reality and the laws of physics when they engage in stupid behavior. Many- not all -are idiots or take unsafe chances on the road then act indignant and mad when the real world slaps them.

View Quote
I thought this thread was about motorcycles and not WRX owners?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Like the dip shit biker I saw try to dart in along side a pickup pulling a trailer and then flip his shit when the guy tried to change lanes at the same time.  I have a bike but I damn sure ride defensively and assume nobody sees me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By inkaybee:
Like the dip shit biker I saw try to dart in along side a pickup pulling a trailer and then flip his shit when the guy tried to change lanes at the same time.  I have a bike but I damn sure ride defensively and assume nobody sees me.
View Quote
Traffic isn't hard to read (mostly) if you are attentive.  Why on earth would anyone on a bike, like you saw, catching up to an impending swerve fest insert themselves into the middle of that?  Dumb, dumb, and dumb.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I drive around a lot for my job. I have seen significant drop in driver competency and courtesy since Covid.

Many days I feel lucky to make it home in a car without being in an accident.

You have a large majority of the population glued to their phones. Add in to that uninsured or unlicensed illegals who will cause a major accident a flee the scene with zero remorse. And the amount of women I see doing makeup at 70mph is staggering. Then you have straight up mentally ill people who are a hair trigger away from going full road rage on you for the slightest perceived offense.

With all this and more going on I seriously question the risk assessment abilities of anyone who chooses to ride a bike in this.

I mean sure you may win a nice judgement in court to cover all your accident expenses but you're still a quadrapaligic in a wheelchair getting your ass wiped by someone else every day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By oarlock:
And don't forget the toy rides with hundreds of bikes tying up traffic so they can say See me, I'm riding a motorcycle.
View Quote

Those rides that raise tens of thousands of dollars for kids??  Why would anyone be offended at that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
If you're annoyed by my bright ass LED headlights, or are annoyed by my loud exhaust, then guess what ... You know I'm there.

Ride like EVERYONE is out to kill you and you should be fine. But then again, people like OP don't understand motorcycles or the fun in riding them
View Quote

You got to enjoy the irony of the brodozer crowd with their lifted trucks and the LED headlights that blind every single person on the road, hating bikers for a single light.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Kind of hard to miss that big ass of hers'.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
They are glorified drag queens, always playing dress up , and seeing who can look the dirtiest
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TODD-67] [#18]
Originally Posted By Ct1:
They are glorified drag queens, always playing dress up , and seeing who can look the dirtiest
View Quote

So a lot in common with the apartment dweller special forces wanna be's with there precision rifles never fired outside of a 25yrd indoor range and their thermal/night vision larping..... fat asses with plate carriers that they can't  carry more than 100yrds...and battle helmets....sitting around debating what hardware will withstand full auto use never having a chance in hell of legally being able to own one....so edgy......

You can pull stereotypes from anywhere but the general membership here has done a lot less for society than the bikers have with fundraising and community events.

This site cracks me up. Brah my 2A feedoms.... wait that person is having fun being free but I don't like it... shut it down.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#19]
The crux of the post is just this: a large percentage of motorcyclists are entitled people that expect others to be careful for their choice.  You got on the bike, and you made the choice to place yourself in harms way. Motorcyclists don't deserve any more consideration than someone in a car, truck, etc.

Originally Posted By gogetumnow:
...snip...

With all this and more going on I seriously question the risk assessment abilities of anyone who chooses to ride a bike in this.

...snip...
View Quote

And this is why.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kunta_Kinte:

Kind of hard to miss that big ass of hers'.
View Quote

It's a bullseye guide.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Everyone thinks they are a privileged group....
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Regular motorcyclists are cool. I don’t ride at all but a lot of the people I know that do are awesome folks.

It’s the 1%ers who are fucking faggots.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#23]

Those rides that raise tens of thousands of dollars for kids??  Why would anyone be offended at that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
And don't forget the toy rides with hundreds of bikes tying up traffic so they can say See me, I'm riding a motorcycle.

Motorcycles speak to almost every primal urge in males.  There are guys that ride motorcycles, soy-boys that are too scared to ride motorcycles, and guys that don't ride motorcycles but wish they could.  When you see someone bitter about them, they're in the latter two groups.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cristo11:
Motorcyclists are the LGBTQFJB’s of the driving (yes I know it’s riding) world.

They serve little to no actual purpose while at the same time demanding everyone admit that they’re special & treat them as such while they blame everyone else for the issues that are so pervasive in their community.

View Quote

Wrong.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:

Motorcycles speak to almost every primal urge in males.  There are guys that ride motorcycles, soy-boys that are too scared to ride motorcycles, and guys that don't ride motorcycles but wish they could.  When you see someone bitter about them, they're in the latter two groups.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:

At one time I thought I really wanted a bike.  Do the whole Seger "Roll Me Away" thing and take off.  The cell phone era has shown to me it would be insanity now.  Oh well...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:

At one time I thought I really wanted a bike.  Do the whole Seger "Roll Me Away" thing and take off.  The cell phone era has shown to me it would be insanity now.  Oh well...
View Quote
 Grab an MX/XC/DS bike and hit the trails, it kicks the shit out of pavement pounding.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't give a shit, same as any other vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

OK, Karen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
Regular motorcyclists are cool. I don’t ride at all but a lot of the people I know that do are awesome folks.

It’s the 1%ers who are fucking faggots.
View Quote

You will never say that to a 1% directly.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By treelow:
View Quote

yeah I keep hearing that... if thats a dealbreaker then stay off the bike because nobody is going to care enough to change how they mow
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By VoodooChile:

yeah I keep hearing that... if thats a dealbreaker then stay off the bike because nobody is going to care enough to change how they mow
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
Originally Posted By treelow:

I’m far more wary of sugar sand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Just once, I want to see someone tip over a motorcycle that's sitting in the hashmarks by the handicap space.

But I also want to see the owner of the bike aee it happen. Anyone who would actually do that deserves what would happen if they got caught.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Never in my life seen a bike in a Handicap spot…not saying it’s never happened, but certainly not rampant.

Disintegrated spot?

View All Quotes

Disintegrated spot?

They park in the hashmarks along the handicap spot. The open space that's meant to allow a wheelchair ramp to deploy.

In my area only Harley riders seem to do it, never crotchrocket riders.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MethaneMover:
 Grab an MX/XC/DS bike and hit the trails, it kicks the shit out of pavement pounding.
View All Quotes

You know, I have been thinking about just that.  Get something like a dual sport with a plate and ride all the forest roads around here...
Hmmm...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Meh.  They don't bother me much more than bicycles.  Which is to say "very little."

The law of gross tonnage wins every time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Meh.  They don't bother me much more than bicycles.  Which is to say "very little."

View Quote

Never bring a bike to a car fight.   Ever.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

View Quote
Cyclists are an actual problem.  Motorcyclists aren't usually.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Cyclists are an actual problem.  Motorcyclists aren't usually.
View Quote

Neither are much of a problem for someone in a reasonably sized car or truck.

My vehicle is old enough I don't bother with comp or collision insurance.  And it came pre dented anyways.

There's very little someone on either a bike or bicycle can do to do much more than inconvenience me.

It's the people "driving" 6000 pound cars from behind a cell phone screen I mostly worry about.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BikerNut:

OK, Karen.
View Quote

Actually, the temperamental motorcyclists are the karens of the road. Think of the comparisons.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#40]
The crux of the post is just this: a large percentage of motorcyclists are entitled people that expect others to be careful for their choice.  You got on the bike, and you made the choice to place yourself in harms way. Motorcyclists don't deserve any more consideration than someone in a car, truck, etc.

And this is why.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#41]

You know, I have been thinking about just that.  Get something like a dual sport with a plate and ride all the forest roads around here...
Hmmm...
View Quote

That sounds badass to me; the hills of AR are littered with trails and the scenery is superb.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#42]
The crux of the post is just this: a large percentage of motorcyclists are entitled people that expect others to be careful for their choice.
View Quote

Prove that's it's a "large percentage.". I don't give a shit how you feel, prove what you're saying.

I don't expect any special treatment on my bike, and neither do most riders you don't notice.  You see and remember the assholes.

I expect not to be hit or put in danger by other drivers/riders on my bike just like I do in my truck.  I, and most riders, acknowledge the extra risk we're taking and are probably better drivers than the bike haters in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Now do bicycles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Levi24:
When I saw title I figured it was FL and thought “Watch out for Motorcycles”.  

Sure enough, OP you are spot on.   Why do people ride aggressively, zip between cars, lack of defensive driving skills and basic courtesy, etc. and then attempt to lecture us with stickers and now classy retarded hi-viz shirts.  

I say watch for F150s and heavy passenger vehicles.

There are a lot of professional riders out there but majority on the riders are expecting other vehicles to respect their authority and yield.   Kinda a Darwin experiment.  

View Quote

Ask the average OTR trucker how they feel about you.  

They'll say most passenger car drivers are just as big of fuck-tards as you think motorcyclists are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Cristo11:
Motorcyclists are the LGBTQFJB’s of the driving (yes I know it’s riding) world.

They serve little to no actual purpose while at the same time demanding everyone admit that they’re special & treat them as such while they blame everyone else for the issues that are so pervasive in their community.

View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:

Ask the average OTR trucker how they feel about you.  

They'll say most passenger car drivers are just as big of fuck-tards as you think motorcyclists are.
View Quote
Average OTR guy can't even speak English.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PCB66:
I loved the South Park episode where they ridiculed Bikers. "Fags".
View Quote

Genuinely my favorite South Park episode lol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#48]

And this is why.
View Quote

Large percentage? Where are your numbers to prove this?
If me wanting other drivers to not hit me is entitled, no matter what vehicle I am using, then OK, I am entitled.

I expect others to be careful because that is the right thing to do.
I want them to be careful and not hit my wife, son, or daughter in their car.

I ride defensively because I do take a risk riding a motorcycle, and accept that risk.
I shake my head when someone on a bike goes zipping by between vehicles, or on the shoulder of the road. Those give a bad rep to those that obey the laws and do the right thing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Would it have helped if I said Physics II, that way you could consider optics as well as collisions?

Edit- that's also where you learn about the doppler affect, which can be useful in avoiding collisions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Camel:
Unpopular opinion-

If you don't want to be roadkill, don't choose to be the smallest vehicle on the road.  You may care, but physics does not.

Good point.  Gonna shop for my DD 18 wheeler today.

All you fuckers choosing to drive small cars and trucks got some physics coming cuz i can't see your little ass vehicle from muh semi.

Would it have helped if I said Physics II, that way you could consider optics as well as collisions?

Edit- that's also where you learn about the doppler affect, which can be useful in avoiding collisions.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi, but I'll make an exception for someone as sanctimonious as yourself.

It's the Doppler effect, which affects how the light, sound, and other waves are perceived based on movement between source and observer.

Which has fuck all to do with this discussion.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

Actually, no. I rode for years a long time ago, and now being retired, kicking around the idea of a bike for all the back roads here.

Were you one of those entitled assholes?

Large Percentage? Bullshit.

I don’t see any motorcyclists in this thread asking for special consideration or shirking the risks and responsibilities that go along with riding.

Page / 5
Top Top