Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2023 5:13:46 PM EDT
Long story short:
-Ex GF lives far away with my 1yo. 100% custody
-my Fiance wants to visit with me to see kid.
-Babymomma is a cunt and says no to her coming (again)

There's a reason I didn't want a child with her, but we're obviously past that.

Question: While morally wrong; do I just let go and live life with my soon to be wife?

Babymomma is an outstanding mom, kid is in best care possible and I pay plenty of cs. I understand "you have a duty to be a father" but man it blows. Call me a p.o.s. it's fine, kinda how I feel a lot of the time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you believe something to be morally wrong, don’t do it. The conscience you have will eat away at you and make you less than whole.
And your future wife is watching. Don’t show her you’re going to just dip out.
Sorry for your troubles but be patient. Ex GF will get sorted in the end.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
So do I just keep waiting? I can't keep visiting without my sig-other. It's disrespectful.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:

… I understand "you have a duty to be a father" but man it blows. Call me a p.o.s. it's fine, kinda how I feel a lot of the time.
View Quote

Start with a joke: Screen name checks out. Didn’t want to have a child with her, but couldn’t keep the big shooter covered?

Then, get to the sermon:  You don’t need us to tell you what you already know. You need to man up and be a dad to the kid you fathered. Otherwise, you’re part of the problem. And, if you can’t adult enough to try to be a good dad, GF #2 isn’t going to stay wife very long.

End with a joke: 3 guys go into a bar…

Good luck man. Being a dad is hard. Being a long distance dad is even harder. Tough it out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the primary objection from your childs mother regarding your fiance?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are paying child support you have custody rights. You should be able to visit your child and bring your girlfriend around, by law.  She can't control that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
What's the primary objection from your childs mother regarding your fiance?
View Quote

I was 9000 miles away when kid was born. Time off got shot down while I was driving to the airport to meet kid first time. I don't FaceTime enough. She's a cunt.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
If you are paying child support you have custody rights. You should be able to visit your child and bring your girlfriend around, by law.  She can't control that.
View Quote

can't.

Ooo I belive she is allowed dictation on when where and how visitation is conducted. Arizona. I was doing some reading.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Long story short:
-Ex GF lives far away with my 1yo. 100% custody
-my Fiance wants to visit with me to see kid.
-Babymomma is a cunt and says no to her coming (again)

Question: While morally wrong; do I just let go and live life with my soon to be wife?

Babymomma is an outstanding mom, kid is in best care possible and I pay plenty of cs. I understand "you have a duty to be a father" but man it blows. Call me a p.o.s. it's fine, kinda how I feel a lot of the time.
View Quote

Why does she have 100% custody?
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe you need to go to court and get visitation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]

can't.

Ooo I belive she is allowed dictation on when where and how visitation is conducted. Arizona. I was doing some reading.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ngc1300:

can't.

Do you have any court ordered visitation?

If she has 100% custody in most states you get to pay and not visit.  If you do not have any court ordered visitation she has say so in how any visit happens and who gets to visit. Hate to be the bringer of bad news. If you have court ordered visitation it needs to be something like usually every other weekend 6 pm friday to 6 PM Sunday with something for holidays and birthdays.

You are going to need a lawyer and to be able to make a case why you should be allowed to visit. It sounds like you missed the child support hearing as well. I am an expert in Ga. divorce , custody and visitation thanks to 2 ex wives.  I have been drug to court a lot and have about a 96% win record even fighting the state department of children's services.  I have also sat in court for hours and watched other cases cycle through the system.  You You need to dress nice and be polite.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top