Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/12/2024 5:40:05 PM EDT
1/10. Pretty lame. 90% of the movie was a group of faggot journalists running around like idiots with a civil war going on in the background. The other 10% was kinda cool scenes with some action going on. A brief appearance by some Boog Bois and that’s about it.

One of the only things it did well was, killing. Zero hesitation or delay in the factions killing each other.

Don’t waste your time or money to see it. Wait until it’s free on Netflix or wherever and even then, I won’t watch it again.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
All I want to know is were the boog guys on the western side or the dictator/nationalist side?

Maybe hide answer with a spoiler
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MEK:
All I want to know is were the boog guys on the western side or the dictator/nationalist side?

View Quote

I think we all are kinda confused on who was on whose side. A little backstory on how the sides formed would have been nice too.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Their own side.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#4]

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

The ending was quite interesting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Rotten tomatoes reviewers are saying by trying to tone down the politics, there isn't any real backstory or sympathy towards one faction or another. It just becomes a "war is hell" flick which has been done many times before.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Complete opposite from a poster earlier. So you need to give us some of your favorite movies, if we also like them then your opinion may be valid, if your favorites are stupid movies we can ignore.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Arfcom opinions are not to be trusted.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was good.  Were you expecting a war movie like a moderm saving private ryan or something?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the main actresses said the movie is a love story to journalism
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 80085:

https://i.imgur.com/Zxm7vuo.jpeg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard it's about Obama and the left bombing America.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:
I heard it's about Obama and the left bombing America.
View Quote
That's not how you really feel.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't like the last 30 minutes that much. It went from a somber movie about the civil war to a full blown Michael Bay-ish action flick.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a story about journalists on a road trip.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#16]
The whole premise sounds like a hot mess. I may catch it when I can stream it free.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JQ66:
View Quote

That’s probably why msm loves it, among other things.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
I didn't like the last 30 minutes that much. It went from a somber movie about the civil war to a full blown Michael Bay-ish action flick.
View Quote

That’s what GD wants tho

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s literally like 90% about 2 dumbass woman journalists….

I don’t know how any Arfcommer would genuinely like this movie. Hell, my wife didn’t even like it lol.

The boogbois were on the side of the Western Forces.

My review is just my opinion. Go see it and decide. I didn’t care for it.

Ask yourself this, Do any of you actually think they would make a legit badass Civil War movie? Fuck NO. The reason this one slipped by is because it’s loaded with gay ass journalist bullshit the entire fucking time with a civil war going on in the background. Thats why there is no politics or any major details in the film. Because the civil war is hardly in the movie.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
View Quote

I didn’t see it that way. More like somber movie about a few idiot journalists.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
View Quote

Exactly. Gay.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

Exactly. Gay.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

While I agree, when it comes to movie recommendations… she is attractive, if you dig her genetic makeup.

Never heard of her before. Going off her physical appearance, she’s either southern or a libtard. One I like, the other I don’t. My guess is she’s a tard.

Here’s a more GD acceptable photo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I'm on nobodys side - because nobody is on my side
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Saw the movie for free. It sucked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#27]
What was with the sniper shown in the trailer with the painted fingernails?  Just a tranny thrown in for arfcom GD? Or something else?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Dieselman:
What was with the sniper shown in the trailer with the painted fingernails?  Just a tranny thrown in for arfcom GD? Or something else?
View Quote

Countersniper thrown in for no real reason. Could have left the whole part out of the movie and lost nothing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Watched it last night.  It sucked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Asylum9] [#31]
View Quote

This is basically all it was. If this movie took place in any other country, it would of bombed and no one would even acknowledge it.

If it was free on TV and dying of boredom, I wouldn't watch it again.

It was a genius move titling it " civil war" having it take place in the usa despite the movie not being about a civil war or the usa at all. The "civil war" was just a back drop with really only 1 mention of how it started.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Countersniper thrown in for no real reason. Could have left the whole part out of the movie and lost nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dieselman:

A pair of tranny countersnipers debating "which round for XYZ" would have arfcom fapping for the next 10 years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Every Arfcom movie review should come with a list of movies the poster considers “good”

Example anyone who considers transformers, fast n furious, or John Wick 3-4 to be “good” movies should be disregarded.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I love you for screenshotting that. No homo. Well, ok, maybe just a little bit of homo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw it. I think it purposely leaves it up to the viewers interpretation. One takeaway was the likelihood of criminal gangs becoming powerful and killing indiscriminately. They wanted the viewer to realize the president had weaponized the federal government against citizens. I found that to be a pretty good parallel to useless Biden. If America lasts 6 more months with this useless, old pedophile.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By skytrooper78:
I saw it. I think it purposely leaves it up to the viewers interpretation. One takeaway was the likelihood of criminal gangs becoming powerful and killing indiscriminately. They wanted the viewer to realize the president had weaponized the federal government against citizens. I found that to be a pretty good parallel to useless Biden. If America lasts 6 more months with this useless, old pedophile.
View Quote
Reading all the reviews I'm catching a sort of Enemy of the State vibe, where the actors and writers portrayed an ideological  political drama, but then reversed the players.

Just from the previews, if this thing, the president is portrayed as being on the right. But, while both the right and left have been accusing each other's presidents of the intent to illegally stay in power for the past 40 years or so, so far, the only person to come right out and say that an election shouldn't happen has been Hillary Clinton.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#37]
How does it compare to "5 Days of War" about journalists in Georgia? On the face, to me, it seems like the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackalnHyde] [#38]
Bad movie with no real character development, interesting plot, or backstory. 87% of the movie is more or less a small group of journalists + 1 upcoming insecure journalist's road trip spent in a crappy truck with no meaningful interactions or dialogue.

It's so bad people will still probably watch it out of curiosity... though. People are using their imaginations to fill in some unique message/messaging. There was none. The movie was terrible.

Spoiler (but not really) - The preview/movie trailer, some of those "potentially interesting" characters/actors are in less than 0.87% of the movie.

2/10 at best. Would not watch it again.

Originally Posted By prionic1:
How does it compare to "5 Days of War" about journalists in Georgia? On the face, to me, it seems like the same thing.
View Quote

5 Days of War was much more engaging and developed by comparison.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: callgood] [#39]
View Quote

Did the road trip end badly for the journalists? Absent that I'll take a pass.
ETA: Kirsten Dunst has not aged well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Serious situation, some stupid corny crap.   Awful waste of a movie. Stupid journalist never picked up a weapon, never did anything heroic.   It was precisely a road trip.

Book 1 forgotten forbidden America .    Read that.   It's what this movie should be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By callgood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60489/Capture_JPG-3186305.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By callgood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60489/Capture_JPG-3186305.JPG
I think she just had a kid right before filming
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Probably the funniest shit I’ve seen on the internet in months. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Has Alex lost a fan?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:

While I agree, when it comes to movie recommendations… she is attractive, if you dig her genetic makeup.

Never heard of her before. Going off her physical appearance, she’s either southern or a libtard. One I like, the other I don’t. My guess is she’s a tard.

Here’s a more GD acceptable photo.
https://hips.hearstapps.com/rover/profile_photos/0af46e53-2afc-4bc3-a46d-53ebcf4fc0bf_1470419770.jpg
View Quote

It's like all the elements of her facial construction would work if they were on someone else's face, but all of them put together look wrong on hers.

Always sort of thought the same thing about Uma Thurman. Like, all the parts of her face are nice individually, but it looks like something a kid put together on a Mrs Potato Head
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#45]
0/10 chances I watch this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By evnash:
Every Arfcom movie review should come with a list of movies the poster considers “good”

Example anyone who considers transformers, fast n furious, or John Wick 3-4 to be “good” movies should be disregarded.
View Quote

Good movies
1. Good fellas
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Brave Heart

Civil war was terrible. There was no point to story? No tears to shed if main characters died. Save your money and watch on Max.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By WalleyeHooker:

Good movies
1. Good fellas
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Brave Heart

Civil war was terrible. There was no point to story? No tears to shed if main characters died. Save your money and watch on Max.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WalleyeHooker:
Originally Posted By evnash:

Good movies
1. Good fellas
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Brave Heart

ARFCOM is going in expecting this to be the Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down of Civil War movies. It’s neither of those. It’s an artsy flick with an indie soundtrack showing the story of a veteran journalist becoming older and weaker as she comes to the end of her career while a young rookie journalist grows and builds the strength to rise to the occasion. It’s done in front a civil war backdrop.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#48]
I still want to see Kirsten Dunst tits. Were they in the movie
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to go see this movie with Son #2 tomorrow and form my own opinion because Arfcom GD hates everything and everybody.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top