Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2023 8:46:13 PM EDT
And I got it all put together.
I took it on a short ride around the neighborhood just to make sure everything works, and it does but I need to make one small adjustment on the rear derailleur to get the shifting perfect (a simple task).
It's an Aventon Level.2, and the first e-bike I have ever ridden.
I'll still ride my Specialized mountain bike for those dedicated rides though.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That should be a hoot.  I rode one, it’ll spoil ya.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Sky] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
That should be a hoot.  I rode one, it'll spoil ya.
View Quote
Yeah, I can see that coming.
I'm 67 years old and my technical mountain bike riding is getting harder and harder on me...
I'm not giving up, but I am also looking forward to Rails-To-Trails riding on the E-Bike.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I wished my Giant Anthem was an EBike...
If I ever buy another, it will be an EBike.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIG-DUKE-6] [#4]
I’m absolutely loving mine.  My average speed is 12 mph.  That’s crazy fast on trails
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:34:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Sky] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BIG-DUKE-6:
I'm absolutely loving mine.  My average speed is 12 mph.  That's crazy fast on trailshttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/389087/70605068250__29BA6849-DA39-4D7C-96B9-CD7-2827490.jpg
View Quote
I just did my first quicky 13 mile ride from my house to a local park lake, 13 miles round trip.
I had a cheap video camera mounted to my handle bars and I'm uploading the un-edited hour-long video to YouTube now.
It was a good ride, and I did it after I had just taken my dog on a 4-mile hike around the same lake.
For those that are interested, I'll post a YouTube video link shortly (just in case you are bored and need to watch something to put you to sleep...).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
The most fun I've ever had on a bike, and I've been riding bikes for fun since 1995, was the five minutes I spent test riding an electric bike.  Not sure I'll buy one because the way I ride doesn't warrant it right now, but maybe in the future I'll take the plunge.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched a Youtube recently of a guy taking one of these out in the desert rock hunting.  Pretty impressive battery life... I was sure he was going to end up pushing that sucker back after a day bouncing around the desert rocks, but nope made it out and back just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top