Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2020 6:38:40 PM EDT
Last Friday was supposed to be a happy day, the ultrasound where we learned whether going to have a little boy or our fourth little girl.  Instead we experienced tragedy when we saw our little baby but no little heartbeat.  The past few days have been filled with such sorrow and many, many tears.  I’m so thankful for our family and friends who have come besides us and supported us in our grief.

Today we held our only son for the first and last time, saying goodbye to our dear William who passed on to glory after just 14 weeks in the womb.  I still cry when I think of all the experiences we will miss out on: his first smile, his first reciprocated hug, his first steps.  All the joyful milestones we were blessed to participate in with our first three children, plus all the ones we are still looking forward to.  All the memories we should have had to remember him by.

William,
I’m sad that I never got to hold your hand going up the stairs.  I’m sad that I never got to tickle you until you got red in the face.  I’m even sad that I never got to get up in the middle of the night to feed you so mommy got a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.  I’m sorry you never got to meet your sisters and play with them.  Just know that we all love you, and all miss you, and look forward to seeing you again when Jesus calls us home.

Love,
Dad

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
So sorry bud, prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My deepest condolences OP. I too have felt the pain of losing children. It is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. I pray the Good Lord gives you the strength to get through this difficult time and grants you the wisdom to find some solace and joy once you have gotten through your grieving. Hold tight your wife, it is at times like this that she most needs your strength and love.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I know your pain. You will get through it, god bless
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Can’t imagine what you are going thru.  So very sorry for your loss  

Prayers and condolences
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]
So very sorry, OP.  You and your family are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh man... I am so sorry.  My condolences.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Been there. Heartbreaking.  So sorry for you and pray that Jesus would comfort you as only He can.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BFish:
So sorry bud, prayers for you and your family.
View Quote

You never forget.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:13:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MyrnaTheMinx] [#15]
I am so sorry for the pain and heartbreak you and your wife are experiencing.  We were in this situation about three years ago.  Little Elli, who would have been our third great-grandchild, did not make it.  We were all heartbroken and my granddaughter was devastated.  Since Elli passed, she now has a brother, a cousin, and another cousin due in August.  We all wonder what she would have looked like, what her personality would have been, how she would learn to do things, just a lot of questions and what-ifs.  I always include her in the great-grandchild count.  She's still our little girl.  William will always be your little boy, #4.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Damn sorry to hear. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Very sorry for you and your family, stay strong.  William is with his maker.

I remember as a child seeing this at a neighbor's house, it has stayed with me since that time.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sorry, OP.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.  We are fortunate to have a lot of support around us, but it's still a comfort to know others are thinking of us.

Today was a rough day for my wife.  This would have been the start of the third trimester, and when my wife would be going in twice a month for ultrasounds.  It was so bad that she just couldn't stop crying, and I came home from work just to hold her for a couple hours.  I wish I knew how else to help her.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m so very sorry for your loss. I don’t know what else to say. I pray for you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]
The onesie made me lose it.  

God bless William.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:34:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dleavitt10] [#24]
Today was supposed to be William’s birthday. My wife and I took the day off from work, just been spending some time together. My girls want to do a birthday party for him, so we’ll be doing that tomorrow night.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dleavitt10:
Today was supposed to be William’s birthday. My wife and I took the day off from work, just been spending some time together. My girls want to do a birthday party for him, so we’ll be doing that tomorrow night.

https://imgur.com/a/719Udr9
View Quote

God bless William.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Too many of us have been there.  

Very sorry for your loss OP.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Today marks 1 year since the ultrasound where we learned we had lost William. I kept myself busy: did about three hours of yard work with my girls in the morning, and host some friends and family for a Memorial Day BBQ.  Working through the grief has been much easier for me than my wife. She cried herself to sleep last night, and has been in a funk all day.  She’s been going to therapy, as she’s been obsessing over the loss. I hope it helps.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Stay strong my friend.  May God comfort you and your family in these trying times.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 2:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: garanditis] [#31]
I am sorry, OP., I teared up reading this thread.
I went through that 5 times.
It is heartbreaking.
I have two beautiful adult kids now, and I thank God for them.
I still think about the others often. It is hard to go through, and it takes a lot of time.
Im praying for you and your wife.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm so sorry this happened to you, OP. I know this was a ways back, but please know that I feel for you and I pray for you and your family, including William.

He's in the arms of an angel now, brother. Much love to you and yours. God bless.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry OP.

The same thing happened to my Wife and I. We later had two healthy children and a couple grand kids now. It hurts but the hurt will leave little by little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top