User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:04:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Enzo300] [#1]
20 months. Still waiting. 9mm and .22
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know if trusts are on the same timeframe if you use a SS kiosk?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked up 3 new Dead Air suppressors recently, the longest was in jail 2.5 days and the shortest was 24 hours.  I'd grab a few more but nothing I want is remotely available.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Both of mine were 270 days each.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Starting to wonder myself.

Friend just had one approved in 72 hours.

I can't help but think somethings up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
View Quote

I feel for you my man.

Im from the older school where 6mo-1yr was typical.

We had a sheriff at the time who wouldnt sign form 4s, so I went the trust route.

Causes one to be rather careful with them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thesquidliest:
Good for you OP, but i can't shake the feeling that it's some kind of set up.

ETA: These fast approvals really make no sense given that flack Dettlebach's all-out assault on our exercise of 2A rights.
View Quote

This is true.

I’d wonder if it’s because the gayTF got their budget cut… Maybe they’re trying to boost DOJ revenue to make it seem like they could be a cash-cow for the gov’t? There’s a lot of profit in those $200 tax stamps when a sub-$300/day employee can process 10-40 forms per day. Compare name/SSN to registry, if there’s existing stamps, run NICS and approve. Only need to spend an appreciable amount of time on a form if it’s a new registry. Otherwise, 10-30 minutes per form, x 6 hours of productivity per day. (I figure gov’t bureaucrats spend at least 2 hours of an 8 hour day filling out BS paperwork, or fucking off)
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s taken just about 3 weeks and my form 3 has still not been approved to transfer  my can from the manufacturer to my ffl.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Salad days of suppressors.  This sudden efficient handling of paperwork has really motivated a lot of people to finally take the plunge.  

Now the biggest barrier is just money and out-of-stock inventory.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By REAPER2502:
Starting to wonder myself.

Friend just had one approved in 72 hours.

I can't help but think somethings up.
View Quote

After sufficient feedback from their voters various senators approved outsourcing background checks for NFA requests at the ATF. This enabled the efile individual form 4s to fly though. This offloaded the bulk of burden from the normal office which still handles various other required checks such as trusts on form 4, etc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone done a NON-SUPPRESSOR form 4 and gotten the fast turn around?

If not, I'll be the guinea pig.  I have a factory registered Colt lower inbound to my dealer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:20:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ensaine] [#12]
I did the "contact your senator" route and from start to finish of that, 1 form 1 and 2 form 4's (individual) that were approved in less than 2.5 weeks. I'll take it since the earlier ones took over 9 months.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#13]
28.5 hour approval this week for single can filed as individual.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Buy them. Buy them ALL.

The more you buy the more "in common use" they will become.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:32:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghetto] [#15]
I waited 36 days for my last one (Rad45) but it was my 8th suppressor! I was really hoping for an immediate approval but I'm not complaining since my last one took 9 months!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Blackout762:
View Quote
I was told by my LGS that individual is the fastest these days.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ak4784:
A dude in the gun shop this morning was picking up his suppressor. The dude and the owner both said his was the fastest they have ever seen.

14 hours!

ETA- I just got a Lahar 30K.
View Quote

My LGS said they got one back in 12 hours. They couldn’t believe it.

I want to get one but I’m worried it’s some kind of trap lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's another question...

How fast are form 3s going?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:43:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#19]
Originally Posted By Blackout762:
View Quote

The only thing the kiosk speeds up is photos and fingerprints. It won't affect the speed of SS to process the paperwork, Form 3 to the dealer, or certification and approval.

@Blackout762
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jackslack:

Several things are at play here.

On is electronic vs paper. One needs physical research the other is a click and a click and an approve.

The other is congress threatened AFT  with serious budget cuts (beyond what has already been cut) if they didn't get there shit together.

Surprise, surprise, they somehow got "some" of their shit together.
View Quote

These are EForms, it’s not different other than there is an included copy of the trust that’s been approved multiple times.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
To those of you with short wait times are you putting down your SSN on the forms? I'm hearing that if you do, the wait is shorter.
View Quote
Never noticed where that was.  Certified yesterday
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:29:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#22]
Originally Posted By rb889:

This is true.

I’d wonder if it’s because the gayTF got their budget cut… Maybe they’re trying to boost DOJ revenue to make it seem like they could be a cash-cow for the gov’t? There’s a lot of profit in those $200 tax stamps when a sub-$300/day employee can process 10-40 forms per day. Compare name/SSN to registry, if there’s existing stamps, run NICS and approve. Only need to spend an appreciable amount of time on a form if it’s a new registry. Otherwise, 10-30 minutes per form, x 6 hours of productivity per day. (I figure gov’t bureaucrats spend at least 2 hours of an 8 hour day filling out BS paperwork, or fucking off)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rb889:

ETA: These fast approvals really make no sense given that flack Dettlebach's all-out assault on our exercise of 2A rights.

This is true.

I don’t think enough credit is being given where it’s due.

We have several groups fighting for us. ASA, FPC, GOA, and manufacturers like PSA, SBA, and Maxim just to name a few. Fighting and handing ATF their ass in courts all across the country. Trying to abolish the NFA and in the mean time forcing them to become more efficient, and improve. Combine that with the modern world, where info can be spread to millions of people in seconds from our Lobby groups.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mercworx:

My LGS said they got one back in 12 hours. They couldn’t believe it.

I want to get one but I’m worried it’s some kind of trap lol.
View Quote

No more of a trap than the NFA game has already been since its inception. Whether you buy one today or bought one ten years ago, we’re all on the same list.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Figures. Only time I've done a trust-to-trust paper Form 4 with a guy in-state and the EForm4 line is moving at light speed. I had a few cans in jail in 2022-2023 for the usual 9-12mos stint, and now I've got nothing to buy while approval times are lightning fast.

I'm doomed to only live in slow Form 4 purgatory
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BHD44] [#25]
Hypothetical

Buying a suppressor In stock silencer shop, kiosk is already done, doing individual, eform all things, timeline through the process tree ?

Anybody gone this route ?

Second can I bought was at the ffl, single shot trust,  eform, docusign was 3 hours after purchase, certification was signed 3 days after I got back from the beach, waiting for atf approval. Start date was 4/13 -  waiting
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
Figures. Only time I've done a trust-to-trust paper Form 4 with a guy in-state and the EForm4 line is moving at light speed. I had a few cans in jail in 2022-2023 for the usual 9-12mos stint, and now I've got nothing to buy while approval times are lightning fast.

View Quote

If it makes you feel any better, there’s basically nothing left to buy at the moment anyway.  

I’m glad I finally picked up the large batch of cans I was wanting to purchase at the end of 2023 otherwise I’d still be sitting here waiting, just on backorders instead of the ATF.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Two weeks still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:46:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#28]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

If it makes you feel any better, there’s basically nothing left to buy at the moment anyway.  

I’m glad I finally picked up the large batch of cans I was wanting to purchase at the end of 2023 otherwise I’d still be sitting here waiting, just on backorders instead of the ATF.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

If they get the eForm 4 trust times down, my buying pattern will switch from mostly suppressors, more to factory SBR/SBS and the weird AOWs I’ve wanted to pick up over the years but haven’t because of the waits.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:47:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#29]
LGS theory:

They will soon be an unregulated item and they’re trying to get as much money as possible before that happens.

ETA: I’m doubtful.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#30]
Originally Posted By BHD44:
Hypothetical

Buying a suppressor In stock silencer shop, kiosk is already done, doing individual, eform all things, timeline through the process tree ?

Anybody gone this route ?

Second can I bought was at the ffl, single shot trust,  eform, docusign was 3 hours after purchase, certification was signed 3 days after I got back from the beach, waiting for atf approval. Start date was 4/13 -  waiting
View Quote

Everyone is different. Right now, you're waiting on certifying which could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after purchase and kiosk.

Since you did individual, your wait (if you're not delayed by NICS) will be anywhere from less than 24 hours to a few weeks after certifying(which is the typical wait right now, subject to change).
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
LGS theory:

They will soon be an unregulated item and they’re trying to get as much money as possible before that happens.

ETA: I’m doubtful.
View Quote

Would be cool but I highly doubt
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I just had a batch approval yesterday.

2 on my trust submitted beginning of dec 23, one individual from CA submitted mar 18th and another individual submitted thru SS on the April 10th.  

I might have "cheated", I emailed the nics liaison at the fbi about the Capital armory one to make "sure" my upin was included. Then I included in the email the control numbers from the two in Dec. My thought was since I always get delayed ( for 30 mins or so ), the BC did not get returned immediately I might be able to get it shook loose. It worked because the day after I got a return email from them stating the atf forms where processing, the 4 form 4's got approved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I have one waiting for a trust approval. Seeing how fast individuals are coming come, I just might by another one while waiting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

View Quote

I'm just over 3 weeks for mine...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:40:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#35]
Mine was in for about 18 hrs

Form 3 was a couple days on this one. I waited a lot longer going through the Silencershop paperwork process than it did for the suppressor
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

It starts to make sense when you factor in the pistol brace registrations, where they were expecting massive compliance and would have hired more approvers.  Then factor in that Biden has said he wants all semi-autos registered under the NFA.  If either of those took way too long to process then it would give the courts leeway in issuing an injunction.

I view it like this, the government has laid the ground work for a high speed train...they just haven't attached all the cars to it and forced all gun owners to get inside...yet.  If we don't expand the margins in the House and take the White House then we will all learn where that train is going.    

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#37]
Originally Posted By ttushooter:

View Quote

A friend just had to wait 4.5 weeks for the Form 3 so he could certify. This was from Silencer Shop on a Single-shot Trust.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#38]
How tf are some people getting approved so fast? I submitted a form 4 trust in October of last year and I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Fuddy_McBootlicker:
How tf are some people getting approved so fast? I submitted a form 4 trust in October of last year and I'm still waiting.
View Quote

The highlighted section is why. The fast approvals are for individual Form 4s, not for trusts (although there have been some outliers).
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BhamAR:

These are EForms, it’s not different other than there is an included copy of the trust that’s been approved multiple times.
View Quote

A previously approved trust isn't the guaranteed win you might think.
I waited 12 months to have a twice previously approved trust get rejected.
I'm now on month 7.5 after amending the trust and resubmittal.
There's still no guarantee it will be approved. FATF is a clownshow.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Fuck.  So form 4s are lightning fast and form 3s are dragging.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:15:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#43]
To those waiting for months esp on individual form 4's email [email protected] and include the control number, your name address and SS. Ask them if there is a hold up on your back ground check. From what I take if you BC does not clear immediately it just sits until the fbi gets back to it, if you ask about it they seem to finish it or just resend it back the to the ATF incase its sitting on a pile.

What I sent verbatim that got 4 knocked loose in 24 hours.

Hello I have two suppressors on a form 4 with a trust and 1 reasonable person ( myself ). I have a upin but sometimes I know my background checks do not come thru immediately and they take a few mins to go to approved. I was wondering if you can confirm they are not in some sort of hold with the FBI. I have several other approved stamps on trusts and as an individual already.

Thank you

Mr John Jacob Doe

123 Main st, anytown, MD XXXXX

ssXXX-XX-XXXX

upin XXXXXXXXX

first one

Permit/Control No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your Reference No: XXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX
Submission Date: 12/09/2023

second one

Permit/Control No: XXXXXXXXXXX
Your Reference No: XXXXXX.XXXXXXX
Submission Date: 12/09/2023

View Quote

edit the reply I got 3 weeks later was, and as I said I got 4 approved in a batch the next day

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
View Quote
20 months?!! Whaad you do?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Put in for my first 2 on 16 February.   Still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:54:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#47]
Trusts and Individuals show shortened times for Form 4's on Silencer .com web-site

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
LGS theory:

They will soon be an unregulated item and they're trying to get as much money as possible before that happens.

ETA: I'm doubtful.
View Quote

Yea, no. It would be more likely they get semi auto's put into the NFA than anything from the NFA getting removed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Trusts and Individuals show shortened times for Form 4's on Silencer .com web-site

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times
View Quote

So why are some of us waiting weeks or more? Background check should be fine, this my 8th can, the freebie from last years silencerco bogo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I know someone who just got an approval under 24 hours.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top