Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2024 7:58:53 PM EDT
I have done it more times than I can count but this fits the mood.

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
lol. I am lucky. Haven’t taken it in a decade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Had dispatchers who gave me the answers
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone complaining about the test should find a new line of work.

It's an OPEN BOOK test- you can print the training materials and literally use the material if needed.  

Let alone if you are doing real police work, you should be using the system daily and know half the answers or have the common sense to answer the questions.

We have dropped to new lows.....complaining about an open book test every 2 years!

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fergus556:
Had dispatchers who gave me the answers
View Quote
That seems to be a common theme.

Go take it in dispatch,
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't even read the questions most of the time.  I look at the answers and pick what sounds correct.  Usually get 80% that way.
Last time I took the test it was two minutes (I read fast)
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck, seems like I take that and TCIC yearly now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By joeyd16779:

It's an OPEN BOOK test- you can print the training materials and literally use the material if needed.  

Let alone if you are doing real police work, you should be using the system daily and know half the answers or have the common sense to answer the questions.

We have dropped to new lows.....complaining about an open book test every 2 years!

View Quote

^ This. I found it more of a pain than anything. When you retire you no longer have to take it or TECS. 😎
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Decaf perhaps.  It is a meme that was made up, several dispatchers found it funny.  Go save the world with the real Police work.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I just open the test, go through it as fast as I can and answer the questions.

I'm still certified and find it pretty easy.

But I'm a beat cop that uses it regularly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stpeteaustin:

Decaf perhaps.  It is a meme that was made up, several dispatchers found it funny.  Go save the world with the real Police work.
View Quote

First - I don't drink coffee.

Second - it was not just a meme- you also commented and posted it "fits the mood."  Not my mood- not most here. It fits your mood. And the mood is embarrassing because it's not funny. Its sad.    

Third- the meme makes law enforcement look like idiots. We don't need our own making or posting memes on a PUBLIC forum implying incompetence, laziness or a negative image.There is enough of that every day from the public.

But sure- some dispatchers got a good chuckle so it's all good!

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#11]

First - I don't drink coffee.

Second - it was not just a meme- you also commented and posted it "fits the mood."  Not my mood- not most here. It fits your mood. And the mood is embarrassing because it's not funny. Its sad.    

Third- the meme makes law enforcement look like idiots. We don't need our own making or posting memes on a PUBLIC forum implying incompetence, laziness or a negative image.There is enough of that every day from the public.

But sure- some dispatchers got a good chuckle so it's all good!

View Quote

You need to go look at the Leoaffairs forum, you would fit in.

I guess you have never been on Instagram, check out Poorly Made Police Meme's   Its a fav.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top