Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigPolska:

The only way to win this game is not to play

Bread and circuses....
View Quote

Imagine openly admitting you can't hold two competing thoughts in your head at the same time, and that you're easily influenced.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
We care more about millionaire NFL players that voluntarily play the game and make statements like "I would do anything for this" than tradesmen that destroy their bodies over the course of 40 years just trying to survive.
View Quote

What the fuck does that even mean? Been on a job site lately?

There is so much safety bullshit you can't even get any work done anymore

The latest faggotry started a few days ago when this came across the PTT

"It's time for the daily safety stand down. Take 5-10 minutes and assess your work area for blah blah blah blah fucking blah"

Everybody must have extensive training for any task. Everybody must have a small pile of PPE, all day period. Everybody must wear gloves all ducking day.Everybody on and on and fucking on

Ever watch iron workers try and unload a trailer of rebar when they are not allowed on the trailer, period no exceptions?

Trying to survive isn't a task anymore, it's trying to actually build something without breaking a fucking safety rule.

And you better have your job hazard assessment and all safety paperwork 100 percent. I got audited yesterday. Luckily I'm experienced enough to be 109 percent

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
We care more about millionaire NFL players that voluntarily play the game and make statements like “I would do anything for this” than tradesmen that destroy their bodies over the course of 40 years just trying to survive.
View Quote

True that. I did tech work for ~ 20 years of a 24 year period. My hands are not 100%. Immediately after leaving tech work at 40+ years old, my hands started giving me problems. Going back to assist field techs on occasion years later was painful.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CavVet:

What the fuck does that even mean? Been on a job site lately?

There is so much safety bullshit you can't even get any work done anymore

The latest faggotry started a few days ago when this came across the PTT

"It's time for the daily safety stand down. Take 5-10 minutes and assess your work area for blah blah blah blah fucking blah"

Everybody must have extensive training for any task. Everybody must have a small pile of PPE, all day period. Everybody must wear gloves all ducking day.Everybody on and on and fucking on

Ever watch iron workers try and unload a trailer of rebar when they are not allowed on the trailer, period no exceptions?

Trying to survive isn't a task anymore, it's trying to actually build something without breaking a fucking safety rule.

And you better have your job hazard assessment and all safety paperwork 100 percent. I got audited yesterday. Luckily I'm experienced enough to be 109 percent

View Quote

I have heard that from my old coworkers. Well, their kids tell them, and they tell me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
You know those big clear inflatable balls that you can put people in??? Maybe we should just mandate them??
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it was Urlacher who said the newer helmets fit too tight.  The older helmets would rotate on hits from the side, when you watch the replays and see a helmet covering half a guy's face, the helmet was doing it's job.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
It’s amazing how many men here know what is and isn’t gay. Kinda says something without really saying it.
View Quote

LP nailed it so when he said AR.com is one of the 5 gayest web sites.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

No Rugby is for gays.
View Quote

You should know.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Was hoping for this:

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Charlie556:
These guys would smash those pussys that play today right into the ground and then go out and have a few beers and some hotdogs.
https://content.sportslogos.net/news/2021/07/Screen-Shot-2021-07-21-at-11.38.11-AM-750x423.png
I'm glad I stopped watching the NFL years ago. It's embarrassing what it's become in more ways than this helmet stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPeUoW1Q6M
This is a football team.
View Quote
Modern teams would ground those guys into the dirt.  The amount of specialization, training, evolution of the games strategy and tactics means those older teams would get destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

LP nailed it so when he said AR.com is one of the 5 gayest web sites.
View Quote

Anytime you get a sports thread, it's a moth to the flame for all the sodomites.

You can clean up all of them on ignore and it will make your experience much nicer here
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:25:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#12]
These guys would smash those pussys that play today right into the ground and then go out and have a few beers and some hotdogs.
https://content.sportslogos.net/news/2021/07/Screen-Shot-2021-07-21-at-11.38.11-AM-750x423.png
I’m glad I stopped watching the NFL years ago. It’s embarrassing what it’s become in more ways than this helmet stuff.
This is a football team.
View Quote

No they wouldn't.

Current NFL players would destroy those guys.

All of them are bigger, faster, stronger, and have more stamina vs the guys in the past.

I'm not saying the past guys are weak, but only that today's players are on a different level.

Everything from training, equipment, weightlifting, nutrition, advances in recovery, and "performance enhancements" they get in the off season.

It's apples and oranges trying to compare today's NFL players to the past.

The guys today would put most of those former players in comas.

You're looking at the past players through rose colored glasses.

I'm not trying to be mean but it's like hearing people say "I bet the best NCAA team could beat the worst NFL team."

People don't get how explosive (speed) and strong our current NFL players are. They're on a different level.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

You can only do so much, unfortunately. Current generation helmets are already very very good with direct impacts.

It’s the rotational impacts that cause most of the bad concussions (especially from other impact sports like hockey).
View Quote

So they need something like HANS in Motorsports?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CavVet:
It's either they develop something that protects the brain or watch the game go away
View Quote

They've already taken away the right of defensive players to try to break necks and rip heads off opposing WR's on crossing routes.
What's this game coming to?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
- snip -

People don't get how explosive (speed) and strong our current NFL players are. They're on a different level.
View Quote

It was very enlightening to be on the sidelines for a game once.  I realized I'd had no idea how fast NFL players are, or how violent even routine tackles are until I was 20 feet away from them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Go back to leather helmets and no face masks. Spearing and illegal leading with the head would instantly stop.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JVD:
https://i.imgur.com/C5sNJKe.jpeg
View Quote

Sarcastiball.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#18]
They look like phalluses.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Rugby is NOT for the gays. It's a proper sport.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#20]

No they wouldn't.

All of them are bigger, faster, stronger, and have more stamina vs the guys in the past.

I'm not saying the past guys are weak, but only that today's players are on a different level.

Everything from training, equipment, weightlifting, nutrition, advances in recovery, and "performance enhancements" they get in the off season.

I'm not trying to be mean but it's like hearing people say "I bet the best NCAA team could beat the worst NFL team."

View Quote

While I mostly agree with that, way stronger way faster...

Today's males are out with a hangnail.

Yesterday's men played with broken anytime.

Interesting game, wonder who AI says wins. Say a combine 1972 all star teams versus last year's crop.

I think first quarter the score is 56-0 males, but not one of them is still playing by halftime. Men win by forfeit
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#21]
What idiot came up with that idea.

"Let's add moment arm and traction against the neck".
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 1badf350:
When a problem comes along
You must whip it

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/66/b4/19/66b4193d1ae1300e7a4460d06d300e8e.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#23]
No one is going to wear them. Or maybe a handful of guys that are paid to.

NFL and other pro sports are all about not looking like a pussy and that is a definition of a pussy hat. Every opposing player would rip on him.

Just like with all of the NHL players that refused to wear helmets. You had guys grandfathered in that were still helmet-less in the late 90s.

NFL will likely have drastic helmet and rule changes in the future. Lots of studies are coming out showing the long term affects of helmet hits are much worse than what people imagine.
View Quote

“Hey you guyz!! Lots of studies are coming out that say heads crashing together at high speeds causes dain brammage!”

2001 called. It wants its concussion science back.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#24]
They should paint them pink and go all the way gay.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:
JFC. They took a 5XL rugby scrum cap and stretched it out over a football helmet.

Aside from looking ridiculous, what does this realistically add that better/thicker shock attenuating material inside the helmet would not?
View Quote

Giant squishy bulbous helmets will cause neck injuries.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#26]
We care more about millionaire NFL players that voluntarily play the game and make statements like “I would do anything for this” than tradesmen that destroy their bodies over the course of 40 years just trying to survive.
View Quote

Yeah, my body gets broken for a lot less than millions a year.

These guys get to play a game for a living, get rich, live like kings, but get clanged in the done a couple times? Seems like a good deal when a single game pays more than most normal people make in multiple years.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#27]

No they wouldn't.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I’m glad I stopped watching the NFL years ago. It’s embarrassing what it’s become in more ways than this helmet stuff.
This is a football team.

No they wouldn't.

I'm not a sports guy. But I can appreciate that current athletes are absolutley insane on a performance level. When you skim the top percentile of genetics then throw almost unlimited amounts of the best science and medicine has to offer at them the results are superhuman
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Bring DEI to the NFL.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top