[Last Edit: TOTHEMAX]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:54:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_in_Seattle] [#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
LGRW!

Finally this should be the year we get back to the playoffs. Tough row to hoe because our division is freaking stacked.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's go stars
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I might actually watch this year.

Heard they are getting rid of the fag month bullshit.

Let's Go Pens!
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#6]
You spelled Kings wrong  
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

@macman37

I sure hope so!

I really want to go watch them play in Nov. Hopefully the wife and I can make the trip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macman37:
LGRW!

Finally this should be the year we get back to the playoffs. Tough row to hoe because our division is freaking stacked.

@macman37

I sure hope so!

I really want to go watch them play in Nov. Hopefully the wife and I can make the trip.

Here’s hoping. I still haven’t seen a game at LCA…
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's another year hoping the 'Yotes figure their arena situation out.  (Moving all the way to the west side of town was stupid).  They should have a decent team this year. I doubt they make the playoffs but they should at least be competitive

And go Rangers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just hoping that the hope I currently have for Rick Tocchet to get the Canucks winning isn't all lost by January.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Let's go PENS!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TWO_LABS] [#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#13]
LGB.

Not T anymore since they traded him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Let's go stars
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Let's go stars
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Vegas is looking strong depending on how their tendy situation works out. Can Hill stay strong as a regular starter?

Maple Leafs and Edmonton with the right leadership are pretty darned good too. ML's have poop for goalies, so they'll need to get that figured out. CO can't be counted out. Penguins are just too old, they missed it and are out for the next few seasons. FLA teams could be competitive, but don't have the firepower of the others either.

All you Detroit boys....LMFAO. I was there in the Yzerman days (actually got to skate with him a few times, never felt anything like his presence in my whole life, the locker room just went silent and all eyes on him. I guess in jrs. that is too be expected from a guy like him, but it was pretty amazing), you all are kidding yourselves.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Original post nailed it!

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By anono:
Vegas is looking strong depending on how their tendy situation works out. Can Hill stay strong as a regular starter?

Maple Leafs and Edmonton with the right leadership are pretty darned good too. ML's have poop for goalies, so they'll need to get that figured out. CO can't be counted out. Penguins are just too old, they missed it and are out for the next few seasons. FLA teams could be competitive, but don't have the firepower of the others either.

All you Detroit boys....LMFAO. I was there in the Yzerman days (actually got to skate with him a few times, never felt anything like his presence in my whole life, the locker room just went silent and all eyes on him. I guess in jrs. that is too be expected from a guy like him, but it was pretty amazing), you all are kidding yourselves.
View Quote

Got to skate with him, talk to us of this… fantasy game or were you on another team?

What do you mean that we’re kidding ourselves? None of us thinks Detroit going to win the Cup. Just make strides in that direction is all. They’ve been at or near the dregs of the League for 5-7 seasons now and it’s just nice to have some optimism that they’ll be fun to watch again. They’re building momentum. I liked them in the 80s when they sucked. I liked them in the 90s when they were the team to beat… I’m always going to love the Wings. That’s what being a fan is about.

No excuses, that’s reality for a Wings fan right now. We’re just hoping for the dark days to be behind us.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 5:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anono] [#19]

Got to skate with him, talk to us of this… fantasy game or were you on another team?

What do you mean that we’re kidding ourselves? None of us thinks Detroit going to win the Cup. Just make strides in that direction is all. They’ve been at or near the dregs of the League for 5-7 seasons now and it’s just nice to have some optimism that they’ll be fun to watch again. They’re building momentum. I liked them in the 80s when they sucked. I liked them in the 90s when they were the team to beat… I’m always going to love the Wings. That’s what being a fan is about.

No excuses, that’s reality for a Wings fan right now. We’re just hoping for the dark days to be behind us.
View Quote

I'm just busting your balls, nothing meant by it, please relax.

Anyhow, his (Yzerman's) kid went to the same school/rink we played at. Steve was friends with the coach (coach worked with the Wings over the Summer), so he'd just kind of show up if he wanted to get on the ice since it was near his house in Bloomfield in Summer/Fall. Even pro players like shooting on a goalie instead of an empty net, so I got to horse around with him a bit.

I'm not joking though, the guy had something about him that just commanded respect. I've never seen it before or since. I would have liked to have been on the ice with Federov, but he never showed up. :(
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Anyhow, his (Yzerman's) kid went to the same school/rink we played at. Steve was friends with the coach (coach worked with the Wings over the Summer), so he'd just kind of show up if he wanted to get on the ice since it was near his house in Bloomfield in Summer/Fall. Even pro players like shooting on a goalie instead of an empty net, so I got to horse around with him a bit.

I'm not joking though, the guy had something about him that just commanded respect. I've never seen it before or since. I would have liked to have been on the ice with Federov, but he never showed up. :(
View All Quotes

All good dude, I can take some ribbing. We’ve had to, being at or nearly the worst team in the NHL for years now.

I love stories like that. The players are so visible sometimes. I believe you re: Yzerman. He’s been my favorite player since he came into the League and I’m glad he’s the GM, and this is really starting to round into the team he is moulding, not the remnants of Holland’s tenure.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CapsFan:
View Quote

Go Caps!
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cojach] [#22]
What Ben said!

Stars all the way this year!
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#23]

All good dude, I can take some ribbing. We’ve had to, being at or nearly the worst team in the NHL for years now.

I love stories like that. The players are so visible sometimes. I believe you re: Yzerman. He’s been my favorite player since he came into the League and I’m glad he’s the GM, and this is really starting to round into the team he is moulding, not the remnants of Holland’s tenure.
View Quote

I've got no doubt that they'll be a Cup team in 3-6 years. Stevie Y is a winner, and winners win. Personally after my 2 hometown teams, Detroit has all my love; I loved being there and playing. MSU had the record holder for shutouts by far, Wings were a legacy, it was an awesome time to be playing hockey in MI..
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#28]

You should go!
View All Quotes
LGRW!

@macman37

I sure hope so!

Here’s hoping. I still haven’t seen a game at LCA…

You should go!

For sure. It’s definitely on my list, I just haven’t had the time to get there yet and it’s over an hour away. I should just make a weekend of it and go to a matinee or something so it makes more sense.

Edit: I fully realize I am talking to someone from out of state making a pilgrimage here and I’m too lazy to drive an hour. Don’t judge.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:35:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BreakRight] [#29]
Which NHL team will sport the best PRIDE uniforms?

I follow collegiate hockey.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolverine1856] [#32]

View All Quotes

OLSM? I skated there yesterday with my son’s team.

@anono

Edit: Also had Larkin school a few weeks back. He was a super nice guy. Signed a “real” jersey and hat for my son at the end of camp.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Go Blue Jackets  !
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's go stars
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:23:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolverine1856] [#36]

Thats pretty cool. :)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wolverine1856:

@anono

Edit: Also had Larkin school a few weeks back. He was a super nice guy. Signed a “real” jersey and hat for my son at the end of camp.

Thats pretty cool. :)

It was really good for the kids. 4 days. 3 hours on ice and 3 hours off ice. Lunch for an hour in between.

My son was double rostered, on two spring travel teams. He skated at least 6 times a week. Sometimes 9 times.

Larkin school bridged the gap between spring and fall. He also had power skating.

I’ve been burning a lot of gas......

I have been skating and getting bruised up all summer. These kids are animals! Never turn your back to them.

They are going to do the intermission shoot out at LCA again. That was fun last year.  

Looking forward to the season! Let’s go Wings!
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Less than a month before pre-season hockey starts.

Go wings!

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/11/full/2884_detroit_red_wings-event-2014.png

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Nashville Predat... oh, never-mind.

LGR!

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Kraken went from being one of the worst teams in the league their first year, to getting into Round 2 of the playoffs their second year. So it seems a natural progression to win the Stanley Cup in this next season.

Also kind of thinking about buying tickets to the Winter Classic in Seattle next year. Anyone been to one before?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Wolverine1776:
Kraken went from being one of the worst teams in the league their first year, to getting into Round 2 of the playoffs their second year. So it seems a natural progression to win the Stanley Cup in this next season.

Also kind of thinking about buying tickets to the Winter Classic in Seattle next year. Anyone been to one before?
View Quote

Went to the Winter Classic in Minnesota at Target Field in 2022.

It was -6 F.

You in Seattle should be a bit warmer than that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#41]
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Let’s get Ovie to 50 this season!
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

See what happens this year
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Local hockey starts in October also.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#44]

the guy had something about him that just commanded respect. I've never seen it before or since
View Quote

I would imagine they didn't just call him The Captain for nothing

Go Wings
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

View Quote

I hope he keeps it going. The dude is a machine. Big Ovie fan
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Wolverine1856:

@anono

View Quote

That's cool. Not OLSM, but definitely close enough that I know the school and we did play them. Our big rivals were Trenton and DCC. DCC was a powerhouse back then, I think 2 of their players made it to the show, and 1 kid from Trenton definitely did. I only made it to D1.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

IMO, that’s the plan for the next 3 years. It’s not another run at the Cup (they are too old and slow) but get him that record. Once he retires, rebuild time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#50]
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

View Quote

I'm CapsFan and I approve this message.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top