Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 5:28:55 PM EDT
The hive here has had great suggestions for me in the past with other topics here I go again asking for input.

Dead watch was a G Shock GA 1000.  I was quite happy with it.  It had everything I liked, analog, awesome illumination, second hand, easy to read.  Looking for these same features.

Draw backs were it liked to eat batteries.  It took two batteries and I usually only got about eight months out of it.  Probably due to the light.

Other draw backs are it tended to get the analog and digital time out of sync with more and more regularity.  At times, the second hand would stop and move backwards and tick or two.

After my last battery replacement, I believe the watch place did not take great care in sealing up properly and it got water in it and died.  I've had it eight years.  This watch is still for sale on Amazon, but it seems no longer in G shocks web page so I question if the Amazon listing is for a used one.  There have been quite a few reviews of this model having similar issues too.

Thanks for any input folks.  I would like to keep the price around $350 but am willing to go higher if that is what is takes for a good one.

Also, it would see heavy use and abuse as I work the family ranch.  I am regularly operating chainsaws, brush grinding etc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you like Casio, I would recommend something from their Tough Solar line. I have one that I like a lot. It's indeed tough and batteries are not an issue. And it's not expensive at all.

Casio Tough Solar
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Digital face G-Shock like the GWM5610. It's got solar and keeps time accurate with Multiband 6.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
Since you like Casio, I would recommend something from their Tough Solar line. I have one that I like a lot. It's indeed tough and batteries are not an issue. And it's not expensive at all.

Casio Tough Solar
View Quote

I have one and like it a lot too.  The solar charging works very well, even in dreary central Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Digital face G-Shock like the GWM5610. It's got solar and keeps time accurate with Multiband 6.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Get their 2100 series. The Bluetooth version is the perfect blend between smart watch and dumb watch.

Basically, you use your phone to access and set the watch functions rather than use the interface built into the watch.

Want a timer? Set one and the watch beeps. Don’t have your phone? Still works fine and you use the “old” interface. Want to adjust the clock because you traveled for work? Connect to the watch and it auto adjust to your time zone.

Plenty of colors and values too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]

cheap and good

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AWZDA4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super thin, light, RETRO

LOL

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RRNH1GQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-----------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say a Citizen promaster eco drive, there are many to choose from
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Iseifert:
Get their 2100 series. The Bluetooth version is the perfect blend between smart watch and dumb watch.

Basically, you use your phone to access and set the watch functions rather than use the interface built into the watch.

Want a timer? Set one and the watch beeps. Don’t have your phone? Still works fine and you use the “old” interface. Want to adjust the clock because you traveled for work? Connect to the watch and it auto adjust to your time zone.

Plenty of colors and values too.
View Quote

This.
I've get more comments about my Casioak than my Omega or other watches in rotation. At this point, I tend to wear it more than the others too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input folks!  I’ll share what I decide on here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top