Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 5:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Utahshooting]
Budget is $800 or so. I can go a bit higher but want to stay out of trouble with wife.

Just got a new LG, 77" C3 OLED and want to upgrade receiver. It's an old Harmon Kardon that does not have any HDMI outputs. Speakers I have are 20 year old Infiniti's but they still sound really good in my hard wired 5.1 setup. Old Blu-Ray player and discs also look really good on new TV.

Most bang for my buck up right now would seem to be a decent quality receiver. My intent is to run Blu-Ray through it to the TV on the rare occasion we watch a disc.  

Usually, we watch streaming service directly to TV via a hard wired Ethernet connection.  Prime, Hulu, Max, etc .

Any receiver recommendations?  7.1 and Dolby Atmos would be good in case I ever want to replace speakers.  I figured I'd replace center one first followed by fronts that also have up-firing ones.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cschaeff] [#1]
Find one on sale and buy it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
no optical?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
inputs devices > hdmi > tv

tv > optical > receiver

newer receivers are pretty crappy and dont have the power or quality sound unless you buy higher end
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been happy with denon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I like Yamaha.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#6]
Yamaha Aventage (yes, that's the spelling) series.

There are other decent manufacturers in your price range. Go check the forums and reviews on audioholics.com.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top