Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2024 4:41:08 PM EDT

Thinking of picking this up - $550 at the local golf simulator. My current driver is a Cobra F8 - get 20+ on the TM Qi10 with similar hits on the simulator and I slice it WAY less.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit it outdoors before you buy it is my thought.  

But, when in doubt, whip it (credit card) out......
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
For 20+ yards and more forgiveness?  Looks like you found a new driver.

On short par 4, that could be two clubs less on your approach.  Or the confidence to get past danger when you would of otherwise laid up.  

I did a Callaway demo earlier this week and hit the AI Smoke.  Confirmed that I can slice a $600 driver just as well as my budget club.    For me, that money is better spent on lessons, range balls and greens fees.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you bring your current driver and hit both in the simulator or are you comparing your teal life/current drives to the new club/simulator?

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I had my clubs and I was just going in to hit some balls cause I had a few hours to kill. They had the driver there so I asked if I could hit.

I was hitting my other driver and going back and fourth the Qi10. It is kind of tempting, I think I'm going to go pick it up sometime tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jarnock:
I had my clubs and I was just going in to hit some balls cause I had a few hours to kill. They had the driver there so I asked if I could hit.

I was hitting my other driver and going back and fourth the Qi10. It is kind of tempting, I think I'm going to go pick it up sometime tomorrow.
View Quote

So you saw real differences on the fans monitor at the same time.  Good buy
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Driver tech truly is amazing

But don't rule out the "new driver effect"  

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#7]
When the spin number is in italics on Trackman it’s an estimate. Do they have any Titleist RCT balls or balls with stickers to get a true number?

Get a good comparison with the regular Qi10 before making a decision and pay more attention to carry yardage, not total.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sean124:
When the spin number is in italics on Trackman it’s an estimate. Do they have any Titleist RCT balls or balls with stickers to get a true number?

Get a good comparison with the regular Qi10 before making a decision and pay more attention to carry yardage, not total.
View Quote

I did not know the italics was an estimate, thanks! They did not have RCT balls or balls with stickers, I was using my Kirkland Signature balls! I think you are probably right, I should head to a driver fitting and try out the other drivers.

They almost had me cause I was crushing it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]

I did not know the italics was an estimate, thanks! They did not have RCT balls or balls with stickers, I was using my Kirkland Signature balls! I think you are probably right, I should head to a driver fitting and try out the other drivers.

View Quote

I obviously don’t know anything about your game, but I just caution people that swing sub-100 mph on buying these low spin heads. A lot of tour guys, who need less spin at their speeds, are going away from the LS models. Rory is the biggest example.

Most people are better off with the more forgiving and slightly higher spinning heads out on the actual golf course.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#10]

I obviously don’t know anything about your game, but I just caution people that swing sub-100 mph on buying these low spin heads. A lot of tour guys, who need less spin at their speeds, are going away from the LS models. Rory is the biggest example.

Most people are better off with the more forgiving and slightly higher spinning heads out on the actual golf course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

6 up and low spin is a recipe for finding lots of the golf course that you didn't know existed.  OTOH, the Ping efficiency chart for 145 and 6 up, wants launch at around 17 with 2150 or so spin.  It'll go as far as 145 ballspeed allows, if not as far as the 180-185 Sean's showed here before.

Definitely get some radar balls to retest.  Expect a lot of dispersion on the course unless your strike is very precise.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tanren37] [#11]
So, as far as Titleist,

Attachment Attached File

They'd want to see higher angle of attack?  At least 9 degrees at 2,400?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tanren37:
So, as far as Titleist,

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123106/1_PNG-3181062.JPG

They'd want to see higher angle of attack?  At least 9 degrees at 2,400?
View Quote

That’s gotta be launch angle. Even the OP’s  6+ AoA is too much for the vast majority of golfers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Thanks! I'm glad I didn't just buy it right then and there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Went to a fitting yesterday with Taylormade; hit the Qi10 MAX better. They made a few adjustments and I was consistently hitting bombs straight down the middle. Really glad I waited and got fit, I had no idea how much of an improvement the shaft and sleeve adjustment would make.

Hand : RH
Loft : 9.0
Sleeve Adjustment : 1.50UP
Shaft : Mitsubishi Kaili Blue 60
Shaft Flex : S
Tipping Adjustment : Standard
Length Adjustment : Standard
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Ever since I’ve been following golf, advertisements have been claiming 10-30% improvements. Everyone should be driving 600 yards straight down the middle of any fairway by now. Do people really get 10-30% worse at golf every year?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Advance:
Ever since I’ve been following golf, advertisements have been claiming 10-30% improvements. Everyone should be driving 600 yards straight down the middle of any fairway by now. Do people really get 10-30% worse at golf every year?
View Quote

I think the shaft and wood head technology is just that much better.  

Try hitting a driver from the 90s and compare it to a modern driver, it is incredible.

You might not get 600, but if you get more forgiveness and 5 or 10 extra yards, it adds up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Advance:
View Quote

By rule, the faces have been maxed out for ball speed for years. So any distance improvements are from individuals optimizing spin and launch conditions.

The actual improvements are in forgiveness on off center hits. They retain spin and ball speed better now. The old Taylormade SLDR is a good example. It was one of the longest drivers ever made but also very unforgiving.

But yeah, I have an older Taylormade M3 that’s as long as anything when you hit it right.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Went to a fitting yesterday with Taylormade; hit the Qi10 MAX better. They made a few adjustments and I was consistently hitting bombs straight down the middle. Really glad I waited and got fit, I had no idea how much of an improvement the shaft and sleeve adjustment would make.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#19]

By rule, the faces have been maxed out for ball speed for years. So any distance improvements are from individuals optimizing spin and launch conditions.

The actual improvements are in forgiveness on off center hits. They retain spin and ball speed better now. The old Taylormade SLDR is a good example. It was one of the longest drivers ever made but also very unforgiving.

But yeah, I have an older Taylormade M3 that’s as long as anything when you hit it right.
View Quote

Thay SLDR was a joke. 50 score in golf digest hot list? I tried that thing at a demo day with an x shaft. Took it back thinking, "maybe I'm not  man enough to hit an x shaft anymore." Rep put a stiff shaft in it, same thing. Low flight,  maybe 240 carry.

You're right about low spin not being for everyone;  especially the high handicap.

Did demo the carved out nike. Sounded like a whiffleball bat. Hit bombs with the cobra biocell +

Bought one and loved it till I grenaded the crown insert. Never forget that drive
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I love my Qi10. It is not quite as long as my Cobra Aerojet was or my TSR3. But it is definitely more forgiving on mishits.

My TSR3 is a bullet driver, low and long. So it gets played when it is blowing pretty good out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I play an Epic Flash LS driver, love it.  Tried a newer Rogue ST LS, hated it!  Still playing the Flash.  I'd try the Ping 1000K 430 max, it has gotten great reviews, before buying the TM.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top