Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 11:42:10 PM EDT
I've started to take a more interested  care in my personal care. So, I've recently started using  VA services,  I got a bill the other day not much. But is this a co-pay? Because I was told , unless you're a 100% everything is covered except for dental. Any pros, that care to bring this flock into the fold!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a bit more complicated than you have been lead to believe. VHA divides Veterans into Priority Groups based on percentage of service connection followed by income. That dictates what service someone can take advantage of and what copays someone has to absorb.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
It's a bit more complicated than you have been lead to believe. VHA divides Veterans into Priority Groups based on percentage of service connection followed by income. That dictates what service someone can take advantage of and what copays someone has to absorb.
View Quote
This is true.

And most generally have to pay a prescription copay if their rating is under 50%. Once you are rated at 50% or higher then that copay goes away. You also start getting free glasses at 50%. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for hearing aids for those with non service connected hearing loss. I know being rated 70% UI I get free hearing aid and they replace them with new ones every 5 years. 70% UI and higher gets free dental care the same as if you are a straight 100%.

The VA has information on their website explaining the different categories.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Join Me Over Here

Except for literally Nominal Fees ($15 for prescription, $25 for Dr appointment) I haven't paid much money to the VA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top