Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2024 8:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KA3B]
Pulled the trigger and bought a new 2024 ZX400RR.
Traded in the 2019 Z900RS Cafe (Kawasaki Green).
I rode to the shop on my 23 ZX10, took a test ride and signed on the dotted line.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Glorious!  What’s the redline on that bad boy?  Any mods to planned?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy corner speed!

I assume that you’re going to unlock some power…….gonna let it eat on track?

Awesome bike, btw
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fttam:
Holy corner speed!
I assume that you’re going to unlock some power…….gonna let it eat on track?
Awesome bike, btw
View Quote

You would not believe how well it handles for a stock bike.
Gonna have the ECU flashed with the stock pipe and muffler.
For now.
NEW ZX4RR gets HUGE POWER GAINS with our ECU Flash and Custom Mapping! ??

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:40:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome.
WFO will be often achieved.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats.  I just turned over 2500 miles on my 2023 model, and my father is not far behind on his.  They are fantastic bikes, and a good tune really wakes them up.  Kawasaki has had some growing pains with the new model (3 recalls thus far for our 2023 models), but nothing terrible.  The aftermarket was a little delayed here in the US due to the limited production numbers, but it has really started to take off.  There are a lot of choices for exhaust, and the options for suspension and wheels are now trickling in.  I promised myself that I was done with upgrades for a while, but I'm staring at a new set of clip-ons and front rotors that I need to install.

Kawasaki's break-in procedure is kind of comical if you choose to actually follow it - under 4k RPMs on a 400 cc bike with a 15k (actual) redline
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:03:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KA3B] [#7]
Originally Posted By TulaneBME:
Kawasaki's break-in procedure is kind of comical if you choose to actually follow it - under 4k RPMs on a 400 cc bike with a 15k (actual) redline
View Quote

I am getting a Graves ECU flash and a slip-on with the Graves velocity stacks and the filter at 5 miles on the bike.
Only a couple HP less than a full system on the top.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
You traded in a liter bike for a 400?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
View Quote
That's what I was thinking, but he is not giving up much.  That 400 weighs only 414 pounds wet and makes almost 80 HP.  That should be plenty.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice. Are those the bikes you can almost double the power with bolt ons and tune? Think Zak has one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
View Quote

Did you bother to read and comprehend what I posted?
I still own the ZX10.
I traded in my Z900RS Cafe and paid the rest in cash.
I didn't buy the ZX400RR 4 months ago when it came in because the interest rates sucked.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Nice. Are those the bikes you can almost double the power with bolt ons and tune? Think Zak has one.
View Quote

Not quite double.
A Graves slip-on with a DNA air filter and an ECU flash will bring up the HP from 52 to 71 RWHP.
A full exhaust system with velocity stacks and a different ECU flash will get you about 79 RWHP.
Swapping the cams with a degree, thinner head gasket, remapping the ECU is getting about 90 RWHP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top