Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2023 10:59:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun]
Some may remember a little over a month ago someone rear ended me on the highway going to a bike ride.
Bike was on the rack and took the hit.
Finally got the insurance settlement a couple of weeks ago and ordered the new bike.
Specialized Roubaix Pro SL8
All carbon, Sram Force axs Group, beautiful color.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Before
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet bike!

Saddle isn't level.  I'm out.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice resolution to a shitty situation.

I’ve got new bike too:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Super nice bike.
I just got a new one also.
Got $5 into this one so far.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I had my first bike-versus-car encounter on Sunday night and it's in the shop being assessed right now.  The front wheel is probably Fubar (wouldn't spin in a fork designed for 60mm tires) but I'm hoping the frame and fork are good to go.  If not, I'll get to find out how good my replacement cost insurance is.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
I had my first bike-versus-car encounter on Sunday night and it's in the shop being assessed right now.  The front wheel is probably Fubar (wouldn't spin in a fork designed for 60mm tires) but I'm hoping the frame and fork are good to go.  If not, I'll get to find out how good my replacement cost insurance is.
View Quote

I was dealing with AAA insurance from the girl that hit me. Had police report pictures. I had all the receipts from the bike, all upgrades listed and the bike shop had dealt with insurance issues before. They wrote everything up, documented what it would cost to replace.
I came out very well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:

I was dealing with AAA insurance from the girl that hit me. Had police report pictures. I had all the receipts from the bike, all upgrades listed and the bike shop had dealt with insurance issues before. They wrote everything up, documented what it would cost to replace.
I came out very well.
View Quote

Did you get to keep the old bike?

We all know the groupset wasn't totaled. Don't lie.

I have the Rival AXS on my '23 Roubaix. Not quite as nice as the Ultegra DI2 I had on my Orca, but it is pretty nice not having wires everywhere. I'll likely upgrade in a few years to either Force or Red so I can add blips.

Unfortunately nobody makes cross top levers for hydros anymore. I'd love to be able to brake on the tops without having to move to the hoods. It was my only complaint on RAGBRAI, granted I'd have that complaint with any other bike too since I'll only ride Hydro at this point.

Mine is red, but hard to tell in the shade. It actually has a pretty neat bowling ball-like finish to it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I kept the old bike. The force crank is less than two years old and the force derailer, Ultegra cassette and chain are a month old.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top