Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 10:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rooster-X]
Decided to try out the Creality K1 Max. Did a ton of research and I like what I've seen/read so far. Also, looking forward to enclosed printing ASA, ABS etc.

report to follow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:
Decided to try out the Creality K1 Max. Did a ton of research and I like what I've seen/read so far. Also, looking forward to enclosed printing ASA, ABS etc.

report to follow.
View Quote

One thing to note, Creality really wants people to use the slicer they market. No "direct" Cura profile, but they do suggest using the Ender3 S1 as a starting point and modify.

Printer shows up today (hopefully, as we are mid-snowmageddon here in NH)
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:31:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rooster-X] [#2]

Took less than 30 min to set up. Filament is kind of a pain to load, lots of angles and quite a long run

This is a 16min benchy that was near flawless. I’m t was one of their preloaded gcodes, but still. So far I’m impressed. Lots of auto alignments, but once it started to print, it was very quick. More to follow,
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
We have a couple of it K1 Max printers at work just to try something faster than the Lulzbot units in our room full of printers.   So far they have been pretty solid, with hundreds of hours on each now.  

I picked up a regular K1 after Christmas and have been happy with it so far also.  I did have a bad sensor for the bed temp, but creality sent me a whole new heated bed assembly and it was an easy swap.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SDeadeye:
We have a couple of it K1 Max printers at work just to try something faster than the Lulzbot units in our room full of printers.   So far they have been pretty solid, with hundreds of hours on each now.  

I picked up a regular K1 after Christmas and have been happy with it so far also.  I did have a bad sensor for the bed temp, but creality sent me a whole new heated bed assembly and it was an easy swap.
View Quote

I'm impressed as well, but have only printed 2 things so far as we've been on generator for the last 20 hours. What are you using for slicing software? The creality slicer is kind of like a trimmed down version of cura. The built in IP webpage is also limited. I'm used to the FLSun printers where I have full control of everything.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
So far I have been using the Creality slicer.  I have put it into advanced mode a couple of times just to mess around with some settings, but the basic settings have been enough to get me good prints for the most part.  I actually like the way it builds the supports, especially tree supports, better than anything I was able to get out of Cura.  I have been running just regular 3D Fuel Pro and Workday PLA, haven't tried any of the "hyper" filaments yet.  

12hr. G45, compared to 28hr on my old E3V2

Dino thing
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rooster-X] [#6]
So far I have been using the Creality slicer.  I have put it into advanced mode a couple of times just to mess around with some settings, but the basic settings have been enough to get me good prints for the most part.  I actually like the way it builds the supports, especially tree supports, better than anything I was able to get out of Cura.  I have been running just regular 3D Fuel Pro and Workday PLA, haven't tried any of the "hyper" filaments yet.  

12hr. G45, compared to 28hr on my old E3V2
https://i.imgur.com/htOZwhyh.jpg

Dino thing
https://i.imgur.com/SRLEoW3h.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, I'm slowly getting used to the slicer. I've messed around with advance mode a little. I'll say one thing, it really is "tuned" for the Hyper filament.

I really need to turn off that brim. This hour 6 on the torture toaster
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a KE earlier this year and came to the realization the Cura didn't have a profile yet, so I installed Creality Print.  With the advanced options available I've been plenty satisfied to keep rollin' with it.  Prints have been thumbs up and it has more advanced options than I will likely ever explore to fine tune.  Along with the normal and fine default profiles I've been working and continually tweaking a speed profile where print speed > quality, fun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:42:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rooster-X] [#8]
Originally Posted By CKA:
I bought a KE earlier this year and came to the realization the Cura didn't have a profile yet, so I installed Creality Print.  With the advanced options available I've been plenty satisfied to keep rollin' with it.  Prints have been thumbs up and it has more advanced options than I will likely ever explore to fine tune.  Along with the normal and fine default profiles I've been working and continually tweaking a speed profile where print speed > quality, fun stuff.
View Quote

I do notice a big difference between a Creality slicer and Cura printed model. Seems maybe the Creality slicer has some fine tuned adjustments for the K1 that aren't available with Cura. Prints look amazing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, this thing is spoiling me. Not gonna lie, No messing with bed leveling, Creality slicer is actually pretty good, and it'll do fast prints. I think I need another one...

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok, this thing is spoiling me. Not gonna lie, No messing with bed leveling, Creality slicer is actually pretty good, and it'll do fast prints. I think I need another one...

View Quote

Orca Slicer has K Value calibration and storage in filament profiles.

I'm learning fast that my Bambu + Orcaslicer is a crazy powerful combo.

If only they'd allow multiparty multi layer height prints.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Orca Slicer has K Value calibration and storage in filament profiles.
View Quote

Creality Print does have pressure advance calibration and storage in filament profiles as well.  For anyone using Creality Print, I found this vid a useful primer for how to do so.

Calibrating Pressure Advance In Creality Print
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

If only they'd allow multiparty multi layer height prints.
View Quote
Adaptive height on multiple parts on the build plate?
Orca does that. Select each item individually and choose the variable layer height tool.
If more than one part is selected the tool is grayed out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#13]

12hrw. G45, compared to 28hr on my old E3V2
https://i.imgur.com/htOZwhyh.jpg
View Quote

At first glance, I thought that was an opening credit model for a Bond film. It looks like an upside down Grace Jones hugging the front of the grip.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tholo:
Adaptive height on multiple parts on the build plate?
Orca does that. Select each item individually and choose the variable layer height tool.
If more than one part is selected the tool is grayed out.
View Quote

No I mean I multiple component single part.

So the same object. I want this part of the kbject to be printed at 0.2. I want the rest printed at 0.4.

As an example.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Yeah, I'm slowly getting used to the slicer. I've messed around with advance mode a little. I'll say one thing, it really is "tuned" for the Hyper filament.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/480444/IMG_3601-3175194.jpg

I really need to turn off that brim. This hour 6 on the torture toaster
View Quote

I had to reprint the torture toaster as the autobrim was EVERYWHERE. The second one, sans brim, was perfect. Only had to free one arm of the toaster with a thin spatula.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Waiting to see if Gulf Coast robotics finally has thicker beds ...

Not touching another creality until then
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top