Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2023 3:41:32 AM EDT
I discovered that my LG C3 when connected with a Pioneer VSX-LX505 on eARC input (hdmi 2) is showing static when I have the hdmi input audio format set to bitstream. When set to PCM the tv displays the image fine. Sometimes after turning the tv and receiver on and off several times I can get the tv to display the image while the hdmi input audio format is set to bitstream.

Is the problem with the tv or receiver?!

I’ve used a different hdmi cable with no difference in results.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
When trying a different HDMI cable was it a "better" HDMI cable?  Seems like bandwidth can be an issue on the cable in some situations.

Good luck hope you can get it sorted out.

https://planethifi.com/pcm-vs-bitstream/

https://hometheateracademy.com/bitstream-vs-pcm/
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I swapped to a 48GB ultra speed audio quest cable.
Thank you for the articles.
I’m thinking the tv has a bad hdmi input.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried connecting zone 2 HDMI out on the receiver with bitstream to the eARC connection on the TV? How about main out to one of the other TV inputs?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PoopdeckPappy:
Have you tried connecting zone 2 HDMI out on the receiver with bitstream to the eARC connection on the TV? How about main out to one of the other TV inputs?
View Quote

I’m going to try to get zone 2 to output video and audio. I have not been able to output audio months ago when I hooked it up to a headphone set box.
If zone 2 hdmi doesn’t work at all, the receiver will have to be replaced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top