Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2024 2:47:16 PM EDT
The Battle For Warhammer Has Begun

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
its all so tiresome.jpg

Female Custodes....

I think GW has been tainted by chaos.

Between this, outrageous pricing and never ending rules changes making units unplayable I am surprised they are not bleeding more customers.

There are tons of other great miniatures based games out now that don't care what minis you use.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Same crap they pulled during Gamergate, same as they’re doing now with the Sweet Baby Inc. BS, as he said it’s not about inclusivity, it’s about conquest.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There I thought Warhammer was a Scuba thing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
This shit is why I play D&D.  Don't like something? DM has the ultimate authority to say "nope, not in my campaign."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I for one welcome giant female space Marine titties
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Warhammer's dead man. GW are faggots now, and have been for a number of years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a good friend who was really into Warhammer 40K until the greed of Games Workshop chased him off.

I genuinely don't know how he is going to handle this. Maybe he will like it because it could be the beginning of the end of the whole ball of wax?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ll buy Space Marine 2 this fall but that’ll be the last of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Vote with your wallet......
My younger sister and her boyfriend are into Warhammer 40K and build and paint lots of miniatures and even they think this is stupid and unnecessary
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Really, the only way out is creator control. Once you go public you lose the ability to own the creative vision. Yeah, I get that it has to make money and investors help there. But it's obvious what's happening here.

Now if GW were 100% creator owned and they pulled this shit? Then yeah, that's on them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]
3d printer go Brrrrr
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Gay.

In before the woke deniers here say: “why shouldn’t there be female space marines? Why do you hate women and minorities?”
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:26:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#15]
Didn't watch the video but the rumor is Amazon is forcing this so the "lore" is established for them to go complete Kathleen Kennedy on the show.  Why a Sister of Battle couldn't have been sufficient is beyond me.

Poor Henry Cavill.  Gets fucked by Netflix, now getting fucked by Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#16]
It's not female Astartes.  It's GW retcon-paradropping in the idea that the Custodes (who aren't Space Marines) have always had females in them.

It's a retcon, but the very-undefined Custodes creation process (which is implied to be a complete, molecules-up, transformation....very unlike the Astartes implantation/mutation process) gives it a lot of cover.  It's arguably irrelevant if the human infant that goes in one end of the process is male or female, as the process turns the infant into people-goo before completely rebuilding the organism.

It's stupid, because we've got lots of scenes with named (and un-helmeted) Custodians now (a decade ago, not so much)....and there have been zero females mentioned.

It's just not as stupid as female Astartes would be, since both the creation process and deep descriptions of Astartes chapters/legions are well-documented....and have always been solely-male (that being specifically stated).
Which is why I'm guessing that GW didn't pull the trigger on female Astartes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:
It's not female Astartes.  It's GW retcon-paradropping in the idea that the Custodes (who aren't Space Marines) have always had females in them.

It's a retcon, but the very-undefined Custodes creation process (which is implied to be a complete, molecules-up, transformation....very unlike the Astartes implantation/mutation process) gives it a lot of cover.  It's arguably irrelevant if the human infant that goes in one end of the process is male or female, as the process turns the infant into people-goo before completely rebuilding the organism.

It's stupid, because we've got lots of scenes with named (and un-helmeted) Custodians now (a decade ago, not so much)....and there have been zero females mentioned.

It's just not as stupid as female Astartes would be, since both the creation process and deep descriptions of Astartes chapters/legions are well-documented....and have always been solely-male (that being specifically stated).
View Quote

You’re naive if you don’t think this is going to ultimately lead to female Astartes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Heresy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HKocher:

You're naive if you don't think this is going to ultimately lead to female Astartes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You're naive if you don't think this is going to ultimately lead to female Astartes.
Camel's nose in the tent.
A tried and true(and so far 100% successful) tactic of the Left.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#20]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Didn't watch the video but the rumor is Amazon is forcing this so the "lore" is established for them to go complete Kathleen Kennedy on the show.  Why a Sister of Battle couldn't have been sufficient is beyond me.

View Quote

Doing the Kennedy, chasing that Tumblr-Feminist audience that we're told MUST be made happy no matter how cringe it is, how much it butchers canon, or how much it upsets the life long fans.

"UNLESS YOU CHASE THE BARBIE AUDIENCE THE BRAND WON'T BE PROFITABLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

[5 years later]

"Okay haha soooo, we ONLY went from a growing brand to one that dropped 25%, in the figures we will admit to in public because it is WAY worse in private but we'll just gaslight you about this for a decade, but, this means, we need to triple down and go even HARDER of course."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

View Quote

Indeed the Sisters of Battle are arguably more interesting than space marines.

They could have just made a series of augmentation being added to them in order for them to reach new levels.

Also hurts the Sisters of Silence who are close buddies with the custodies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

Indeed the Sisters of Battle are arguably more interesting than space marines.

They could have just made a series of augmentation being added to them in order for them to reach new levels.

Also hurts the Sisters of Silence who are close buddies with the custodies.
View Quote

Yeah, it makes no sense as there are plenty of factions for female players. So can men join the Sisters now? Maybe share a locker room?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#25]
Sister Argenta was the best character in Rogue Trader. It's not like 40k doesn't have tons of high ranking females. But it's literally established in lore- space Marines are male only. Sisters of Battle, regardless of type, are female only. Custodes might predate space Marines and chadmarines in the timeline, but it's impossible to look at them as anything other than super space Marines, because that's what they fucking are. There has never been a female custodes, and there have been a lot of named custodes.  You want a cool female character? Go to the IG, SoB, SoS, inquisition, Rogue traders, death cults, arbites, navy, whatever. You have a zillion options.

GW is a shitty company and always has been. Their multimedia ventures are generally awful, with more failures than successes (but a few really solid successes). They've been on the woke train for a while.

I think they're internally raging because nobody takes their "the imperium is SATIRE guys!" Schtick seriously anymore because 40k is no longer heavy metal and puns on politician names. They've spent over a decade making played-straight science fiction works that are popular in the mainstream, especially the Horus Heresy series. The imperium is not "heckin evil fascists", they're literally the most logical answer to the existential evils that face mankind every day, where tolerance of aliens likely means they're going to murderrapefuck an entire planet once the camel gets their nose under the tent, or where something as innocuous as taking a chaos-tainted pocket knife off a dead cultist can result in a whole battalion being wiped out overnight when it spreads warp fuckery.

And fuck you Eldar cunts, slaanesh is your free love faggot society's fault, and you didn't have any problems pillaging mankind when the age of strife hit. Total knife ear death.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#26]
Originally Posted By Echd:
Sister Argenta was the best character in Rogue Trader. It's not like 40k doesn't have tons of high ranking females. But it's literally established in lore- space Marines are male only. Sisters of Battle, regardless of type, are female only. Custodes might predate space Marines and chadmarines in the timeline, but it's impossible to look at them as anything other than super space Marines, because that's what they fucking are. There has never been a female custodes, and there have been a lot of named custodes.  You want a cool female character? Go to the IG, SoB, SoS, inquisition, Rogue traders, death cults, arbites, navy, whatever. You have a zillion options.

GW is a shitty company and always has been. Their multimedia ventures are generally awful, with more failures than successes (but a few really solid successes). They've been on the woke train for a while.

I think they're internally raging because nobody takes their "the imperium is SATIRE guys!" Schtick seriously anymore because 40k is no longer heavy metal and puns on politician names. They've spent over a decade making played-straight science fiction works that are popular in the mainstream, especially the Horus Heresy series. The imperium is not "heckin evil fascists", they're literally the most logical answer to the existential evils that face mankind every day, where tolerance of aliens likely means they're going to murderrapefuck an entire planet once the camel gets their nose under the tent, or where something as innocuous as taking a chaos-tainted pocket knife off a dead cultist can result in a whole battalion being wiped out overnight when it spreads warp fuckery.

And fuck you Eldar cunts, slaanesh is your free love faggot society's fault, and you didn't have any problems pillaging mankind when the age of strife hit. Total knife ear death.
View Quote
This guy fucks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not even that fond of 40k or Games Whorekshop, but I hate seeing something get colonized by the Wokists. All GW cares about is money, though, so it was bound to happen.  Their key IP has the Catholic Space Nazis as the "good guys", that wasn't going to last in this environment if they wanted to keep making fat stacks of cash.  If anything, blame their fixation on sales over any creative integrity (although they would have needed some to lose, first).

All that said, if you guys are looking for a new plastic fix, All Quiet on the Martian Front just finished Kickstarting a reborn 2nd Edition, Rise of the Tripods.

It's War of the Worlds vs World War 1, with the Martians fighting the Kaiserreich.  Once the Kickstarter rewards go out to backers in the next few weeks, the rulebook and minis open up to general sales.  Digital rulebook, 3D printable minis (resin).

And, the Martians don't care about your pronouns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#28]
There are alternatives...

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#29]
Finally, they're getting fucked like they fuck the players in the wallet.

Come play Fallout Wasteland Warfare. It's far cheaper.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I've said it before we need to get the drinker, Kevin Sorbo, and James woods memberships here

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rogue-Sasquatch:
I'm not even that fond of 40k or Games Whorekshop, but I hate seeing something get colonized by the Wokists. All GW cares about is money, though, so it was bound to happen.  Their key IP has the Catholic Space Nazis as the "good guys", that wasn't going to last in this environment if they wanted to keep making fat stacks of cash.  If anything, blame their fixation on sales over any creative integrity (although they would have needed some to lose, first).

All that said, if you guys are looking for a new plastic fix, All Quiet on the Martian Front just finished Kickstarting a reborn 2nd Edition, Rise of the Tripods.

It's War of the Worlds vs World War 1, with the Martians fighting the Kaiserreich.  Once the Kickstarter rewards go out to backers in the next few weeks, the rulebook and minis open up to general sales.  Digital rulebook, 3D printable minis (resin).

And, the Martians don't care about your pronouns.
View Quote

335 backers. I don't think I'll find people to play against at my local game store.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:14:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#32]

View Quote

They're gonna whip out those lost and forgotten legions of female Astartes and prove you wrong. They'll say they were lost due to prejudice against females in the 80s gaming scene, etc, etc but really were on a secret mission for the emperor and they're back after saving everyone from blah blah blah buy the new codex and models to see how.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Put a chick in it and make her gay!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

They're gonna whip out those lost and forgotten legions of female Astartes and prove you wrong. They'll say they were lost due to prejudice against females in the 80s gaming scene, etc, etc but really were on a secret mission for the emperor and they're back after saving everyone from blah blah blah buy the new codex and models to see how.

Kharn
View Quote

Yeah, I can see it now. With the primarchs returning the lost legion primarchs weren't dead after all! And they have rockin tits! Turns out Malcadork the Sigilite was just a misogynist and they were on a deep undercover 10000 year adventure to subvert the forces of chaos with an all female legion of spess mehreens (which the emperor demanded destroyed when their periods all synced up on the battle barge Red River of Fury)
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Kharn
View Quote

Holy shit, you’re probably right. The two lost primarchs have been off scissoring each other for the last 10k+ years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#36]
This guy fucks.
View Quote

Hopefully not too much, we don't need another Chaos god.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
There are alternatives...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknNsZgzG1g
View Quote

A kinder, gentler 40k
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't keep up on these things too much these days- did GW put something out that actually said there are female custodes? The one thing I heard was a vague reference to females being present at an event, which could just as easily been sisters of silence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]

335 backers. I don't think I'll find people to play against at my local game store.

Kharn
View Quote

Well, not with that attitude.

You can get the entire STL pack for both factions for like $150 and print literally as many of any model as you want, print yourself a couple armies and all you have to do is convince somebody else to try it.  First one's free, c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Honestly, with the lore of the Custodies. It doesn’t matter. They’re so genetically modified from birth, that it doesnt matter what sex they are at birth. Being honest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:
Honestly, with the lore of the Custodies. It doesn’t matter. They’re so genetically modified from birth, that it doesnt matter what sex they are at birth. Being honest.
View Quote

It's the principle of the stupidity of the thing. 40k has been around since the 80s. Suddenly trying to pretend they were there all along is bound to irritate people.

It's not like Space Marines have a working package either, although that doesn't stop space furries from larping like they do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#45]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
I for one welcome giant female space Marine titties
View Quote

Never exist, not in enough numbers to form a unit, as 90% would be in maternity uniforms back in the rear after getting impregnated to avoid deployment, with the last 10% on light duty with shin splints, back / hip injuries or female problems.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uxo2] [#46]
Next will be Necrons and Tryanids with Tits .

or

The Tau are a race of Transgenders
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#47]

It's the principle of the stupidity of the thing. 40k has been around since the 80s. Suddenly trying to pretend they were there all along is bound to irritate people.

It's not like Space Marines have a working package either, although that doesn't stop space furries from larping like they do.
View All Quotes

More my point is, this isn’t something I’m going to get worked up on over wh40k lore.

They’re beings that are taken from birth and literally genetically modified and augmented on every level to become the best in their specific skill sets and walking gods essentially. There isn’t much “human” about them anymore.

So congrats women? You get to be turned into… not a woman? But a genetically engineered, partially cybernetic  being too, I guess?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:31:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#48]

More my point is, this isn’t something I’m going to get worked up on over wh40k lore.

They’re beings that are taken from birth and literally genetically modified and augmented on every level to become the best in their specific skill sets and walking gods essentially. There isn’t much “human” about them anymore.

So congrats women? You get to be turned into… not a woman? But a genetically engineered, partially cybernetic  being too, I guess?
View All Quotes

I understand people not liking female custodes or astartes, but I find it hilarious that so many people are just completely up in arms about it being retconned. Nearly every aspect of 40K lore has been retconned a half dozen times.

ETA: if anyone in this thread decided to quit the hobby, I’ll happily take your bananamen off your hands.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#49]

Yeah, I can see it now. With the primarchs returning the lost legion primarchs weren't dead after all! And they have rockin tits! Turns out Malcadork the Sigilite was just a misogynist and they were on a deep undercover 10000 year adventure to subvert the forces of chaos with an all female legion of spess mehreens (which the emperor demanded destroyed when their periods all synced up on the battle barge Red River of Fury)
View All Quotes

Kharn

Welp, so much for dinner tonight. I thought about how that must have smelled vs the ISS.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I only care so much as the foreshadowing of how Amazon is likely telling the Witcher crew "hold my beer watch this"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top