Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 5:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AA717driver]
I pretty much stick to watching Golf Channel and whoever is showing the PGA event (even though there are a bunch of names I don’t recognize).

I flipped over to the LIV event and saw so many players I used to watch. Maybe I got lazy but hate not seeing everyone competing at the same events.

Anyone else feel the same? And, not a fan (yet) of the “team” format. It’s an individual sport.

Oh, and first time in the golf forum. Glad we have it.

ETA: A year ago my wife and I were in Augusta for the Monday practice. (Her cousin won the tix in the lottery.) it’s amazing there. I just like being on the course.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I think LIV format is the future.

It appeals to the younger generation.

I find watching golf entertaining when I can't play myself.  And the LIV events are definitely laid back and entertaining.

The team thing is additional to the normal stroke play.  Not sure how that detracts?

It's like the shorts thing.  Why can't the pros be comfortable, instead of displaying swamp ass on national television?  

Oh well, I will continue to watch all golf either way (even you tube)
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:19:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyboy] [#4]
I'll watch some this week, haven't watched much this year, lots of no names on the PGA.  They screwed up and lost most of their talent.  LIV is hard to watch also.  Phoenix Open had a 35% drop in viewers from last year.  Tour is on life support.   Tiger is BACK!  Got to play to keep the endorsements coming in.  Pro sports has lost its luster for me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
LIV could have been cool, but the problem is the Saudis aren’t cool. They don’t understand what the Good Good generation wants out of golf. Loud music and team format isn’t making the sport better.

I wanted to like LIV, but at the end of the day it isn’t better than the PGA. That said PGA has obviously changed their socials Team. Whoever is running their Tik Tok and Insta accounts is young and has a very barstool sports vibe to their posts. It has improved their exposure and is resulting in a lot of engagement. If they could bring some of that edge to their broadcasts and events it would help these young guys getting into golf find a space to grow. As long as municipal public courses are having course marshals  chasing people down for wearing hooded pullovers the game is being hurt. Better to bring the bros in young and teach them love of the game and respect for the course.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
LIV could have been cool, but the problem is the Saudis aren’t cool. They don’t understand what the Good Good generation wants out of golf. Loud music and team format isn’t making the sport better.

I wanted to like LIV, but at the end of the day it isn’t better than the PGA. That said PGA has obviously changed their socials Team. Whoever is running their Tik Tok and Insta accounts is young and has a very barstool sports vibe to their posts. It has improved their exposure and is resulting in a lot of engagement. If they could bring some of that edge to their broadcasts and events it would help these young guys getting into golf find a space to grow. As long as municipal public courses are having course marshals  chasing people down for wearing hooded pullovers the game is being hurt. Better to bring the bros in young and teach them love of the game and respect for the course.
View Quote

no cap but the Good Good generation sure doesn't want Brandel Chamblee... He is the PGA tool in the marshal cart you described and is cringe fr fr

But I agree with you about keeping young folks active and interested in the sport
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BigPolska:

no cap but the Good Good generation sure doesn't want Brandel Chamblee... He is the PGA tool in the marshal cart you described and is cringe fr fr

But I agree with you about keeping young folks active and interested in the sport
View Quote

I’m a mixed bag when it comes to golf. It pisses me off to no end when clowns are blasting music from their Bluetooth speakers and at the same time if the THOTS want to wear tiny skirts and guys want to play in J’s I couldn’t give a shit less as long as they aren’t tearing up the course.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:

I’m a mixed bag when it comes to golf. It pisses me off to no end when clowns are blasting music from their Bluetooth speakers and at the same time if the THOTS want to wear tiny skirts and guys want to play in J’s I couldn’t give a shit less as long as they aren’t tearing up the course.
View Quote

Agreed on all counts.... especially the thots

Music is fine but you should be respectful of the volume.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:45:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I came in expecting a thread about Tour Edge clubs.

Exit stage left.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:46:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jason280] [#10]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
I feel the same. I miss seeing all of those familiar names on the PGA tour. And I really haven't been able to get into the LIV golf thing. Playing music at the tee boxes is very irritating. And the team thing? Not a fan.
View Quote

I don't care for it either.

I understand change can be a good thing, but look what it's done for NASCAR the last 10 years...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]
The PGA screwed up bad trying to ban the LIV players. People have always played multiple tours and exhibitions. I don't think anybody bought the tour's moral objection to Saudi money shtick for a second either. All the tour managed to do was degrade their product.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top