Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 9:39:17 PM EDT
I think homeschooling and solid private schools are the way to go.  But I am thoroughly shocked that there is not a movement to defund government schools of the taxes that homeschooling families pay.

Let's stop the communist racketeering...
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:28:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#1]
Maybe, if the latest Supreme Court ruling about school vouchers in Maine can go to religion based schools, it could be interpreted to cover some homeschooling costs if homeschool curriculum and student evaluations meet local school district standards.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JoseyWales:
I think homeschooling and solid private schools are the way to go.  But I am thoroughly shocked that there is not a movement to defund government schools of the taxes that homeschooling families pay.

Let's stop the communist racketeering...
View Quote

There is. Many of them. The unions are influential as is the social indoctrination of government schools, which in the past certainly did help direct and form the country in a generally positive manner.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:22:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#4]
I started homeschooling the kids in the '90s; this idea isn't new.

In general, the argument against such a thing goes like, "Well, what about any taxed 'service' that someone doesn't use, older people who don't have kids, etc.  Should everyone be able to opt out of services they don't use?"  And now there's a serious threat to their revenue stream, so ...

I don't see this changing.  It grates, yes, especially when it's time to buy the annual curriculum (if you buy one).  Maybe think of it as private coaching because the school coach is a tard and your kid has talent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
haven't been paying attention have we lol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#6]
As someone who's just getting started homeschooling, it would be great if I did, but I don't ever expect to see a dime of my school taxes diminished or returned to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top