Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2019 1:03:14 PM EDT
Thinking about vaping but not sure where to start. Where does everyone shop? Probably looking to start out with like $80 to spend to see if Its something I want. I could use alot of guidance
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Go buy a Juul system and a couple of flavor pods to try out. Are you trying to quit smoking? Buying online is always less expensive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ssgsnake:
Go buy a Juul system and a couple of flavor pods to try out. Are you trying to quit smoking? Buying online is always less expensive.
View Quote
No I did quit Snus though. But want to go to something like vaping
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I get most of my juice, coils, tanks and mods at https://www.eightvape.com/

Batteries and chargers https://liionwholesale.com/
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 3:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure that I would suggest juul as they are pretty harsh. However, I would suggest a pod system of some kind or even a pen-style vape as a good starting place. Juul is expensive and simply turned me off, there is nothing smooth about a hit from those things.

-As for juice, it's best to start with a commercial juice just to find what you like but in the long run making it yourself is much cheaper if you find a recipe online and just buy what you need. Dont be scared of the math cuz there's plenty of info and calculators out there that take the guess work out of the equation.

***A vape shop is always willing to chat about what kinds of juices will work for your set up too.

-Nicotine strength: honestly? Start low and work your way up until you are satisfied. The flavor is better at lower nic strength and you can always hit it more to get your desired amount of nic without making you sick or tearing your throat apart.

-Vape stuff is pretty cheap (usually) but it can add up when you want to start exploring your options and such.

-wattage means nothing unless you like making an obnoxious amount of clouds and use an unregulated device

-Make sure to get the right batteries, if you have to get them separately.

Once you get your feet wet, it will all become much easier to understand.

I'd honestly suggest something like this:
Digiflavor Upen Starter Kit

Paired with a flavor that you think you might like like this:
Nicsalt ejuice- Candy King Strawberry Rolls

There are 2 kinds of Nicotine containing ejuice: Nicotine [freebase] and Nicotine Salt
The difference is chemical however as a rule of thumb

Salts are for smaller weaker devices and can have a higher nicotine content while saving your throat. (18-50+mg/ml)

Freebase is for larger, more powerful devices and are usually found with lower nicotine percentages. These get harsh when used at high percentages. (3-18mg/ml)

TL;DR click the 2 links for suggested device and juice. Save your money for juice.****
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 4:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Milsurpninja] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Soaring_memories:
I'm not sure that I would suggest juul as they are pretty harsh. However, I would suggest a pod system of some kind or even a pen-style vape as a good starting place. Juul is expensive and simply turned me off, there is nothing smooth about a hit from those things.

-As for juice, it's best to start with a commercial juice just to find what you like but in the long run making it yourself is much cheaper if you find a recipe online and just buy what you need. Dont be scared of the math cuz there's plenty of info and calculators out there that take the guess work out of the equation.

***A vape shop is always willing to chat about what kinds of juices will work for your set up too.

-Nicotine strength: honestly? Start low and work your way up until you are satisfied. The flavor is better at lower nic strength and you can always hit it more to get your desired amount of nic without making you sick or tearing your throat apart.

-Vape stuff is pretty cheap (usually) but it can add up when you want to start exploring your options and such.

-wattage means nothing unless you like making an obnoxious amount of clouds and use an unregulated device

-Make sure to get the right batteries, if you have to get them separately.

Once you get your feet wet, it will all become much easier to understand.

I'd honestly suggest something like this:
Digiflavor Upen Starter Kit

Paired with a flavor that you think you might like like this:
Nicsalt ejuice- Candy King Strawberry Rolls

There are 2 kinds of Nicotine containing ejuice: Nicotine [freebase] and Nicotine Salt
The difference is chemical however as a rule of thumb

Salts are for smaller weaker devices and can have a higher nicotine content while saving your throat. (18-50+mg/ml)

Freebase is for larger, more powerful devices and are usually found with lower nicotine percentages. These get harsh when used at high percentages. (3-18mg/ml)

TL;DR click the 2 links for suggested device and juice. Save your money for juice.****
View Quote
Ordered one, thanks for the recommendation. This is my first experiment with the douche flute since my DSE901 10 years ago.
Went with a non-salt juice. I’m a bit nicotine sensitive so the higher nicotine content of the salt just made me nauseous thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
There are many sites today that offers vape for beginners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top