Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5573 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
More flooding.

❗️A bridge was blown up near Tyumen

The water level in Ishim reached 911 centimeters and the Ministry of Emergency Situations decided to reduce the pressure on the dam.

https://t.me/Novosty/14477

This river recently went up 3 meters in one day.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
NSFW.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:54:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kpacman] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

May his soul rot in hell.  Governor Abbott should have his name struck from all Texas records.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

May his soul rot in hell.  Governor Abbott should have his name struck from all Texas records.

Just read in The Guardian that Russell was kidnapped by a Russian Tank unit and that his former wife was pleading for them to let him go.

Poetic justice here; decapitated by members of the country you're fighting for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The UK has spent less than half of the money from the International Fund to Support Ukraine due to bureaucratic delays in concluding contracts - The Guardian

The publication writes that of the £900 million donated by nine governments over the past two years, only £404 million has been allocated or spent.

In addition, the British Ministry of Defense confirmed the long delivery times for some of the equipment, noting that it will not arrive in Ukraine until the spring of next year due to the need to evaluate each of the companies participating in tenders for contracts.

https://t.me/uniannet/131669

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Pavlyuk showed the work of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation with the French Crotale air defense system on the Russian drone

The Ukrainian military successfully shot down a Russian drone from the French anti-aircraft missile complex Crotale.
This is reported by RBC-Ukraine with reference to the commander of the Ground Forces Oleksandr Pavlyuk.

"Combat work of the air defense units of the Ground Forces. Soldiers of the 38th anti-aircraft missile regiment named after Colonel-General Yury Tyutyunnyk destroyed an operational-level enemy reconnaissance drone with a Crotale air defense system," the commander said on the Facebook page.

Pavlyuk also published a video of the combat work of the fighters of the 38th Anti-Aircraft Missile Regiment. In the video, you can see what it looks like to launch an air defense missile and hit an enemy drone from the Crotale screen.

The Crotale air defense system guards the skies of Ukraine

As you know, Ukraine received two batteries of Crotale air defense systems from France. Each complex can operate 8 missiles. The French army itself was armed with 12 batteries.

Read more about what these anti-aircraft vehicles are capable of in the material of RBC-Ukraine .

We will remind you that in March of last year, the Ministry of Defense showed how the Crotale air defense system works on a Russian missile .

https://www.rbc.ua/rus/news/pavlyuk-pokazav-robotu-zsu-frantsuzkogo-zrk-1713622846.html

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLnJQvRXIAAc9H9?format=png&name=small
View Quote
When they are riding around in AliExpress golf carts, that's an indicator.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That's an fpv drone however
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That's an fpv drone however

I saw that yesterday and the little daydream bubble appeared over my head, "What if they made some FPV drones that looked like F16s..."
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I saw that yesterday and the little daydream bubble appeared over my head, "What if they made some FPV drones that looked like F16s..."
View Quote

https://pacificrcjets.com/products/skymaster-1-5-f-16-arf-plus-pro

Pack these full of explosives lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
You don't need to waste your time on this video. Her house is the flood zone in the middle of nowhere, her husband is a veteran of the Special Military Operation, handicapped, limited mobility.

????????????????? ?????? ? ????-???????

Screenshot

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how many of these systems are being tested in UA

ISRAELI New LASER System Will Protect Israel Against ATTACK!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
30 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#16]
Very, very long thread.
ETA- for clarity, given the above from AT, this is from yesterday’s events not today’s.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Just read in The Guardian that Russell was kidnapped by a Russian Tank unit and that his former wife was pleading for them to let him go.

View All Quotes

It still sounds weird to me that this well-known communist Russian propaganda mouthpiece would be kidnapped by Russians and decapitated.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:45:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#18]
It is a good day for America and her allies today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Neat.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
If I remember correctly, the last time (and first time?) a TU-22 was shot down was when Georgian Air Defense Forces shot down a Russian TU-22MR back in 2008 during that shitshow.

Hopefully we'll get some more information/proof of the shootdown.
View Quote
I think it's more important that the orc TU-22 flew crews THINK that the Ukes shot it down whether they did or not.  They've probably felt pretty untouchable until now.  Well now they have to think about getting a Patriot enema when they strap in to destroy apartment buildings.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#21]
30 minutes ago.

View Quote

What is the actual goal here? I'm all in favor of blowing up Russian stuff pretty much wherever whenever. But I would hope the ukrainians have a specific plan and goal for this stuff to win the war.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:55:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

What is the actual goal here? I'm all in favor of blowing up Russian stuff pretty much wherever whenever. But I would hope the ukrainians have a specific plan and goal for this stuff to win the war.
View All Quotes
30 minutes ago.

It seems to be targeting stuff that slows down Russian war production goods that keep them in the fight.  It could hit factories that produce certain weapons systems, electric grid that allows those factories to operate, or petroleum production to be slowed down for the war machine to operate.  Pay attention to the sites that are reported to be hit and what their function is for the war effort.  I don't think these are entirely wasted efforts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Could be a good chance for some to redeem themselves. As long as they aren't pulled against their will, lied to, and not trained there isn't much wrong with it. If someone is doing 8-10 years for something moderate and they have had good behavior this can be an option for them. I doubt they'll let out serial killers and the like.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Ukrainian lawmakers approve first reading of army service for convicts. Like it or not, if there are military aged males fit to serve, Ukraine is not in a position where they should be turning them away. Based on this article, it looks like the convicts will be put in separate detachments. Overall, it's not a bad idea. Based on the way this war has been fought on both sides, there's a need for a lot of disposable infantry. Offensively, it would make the most sense to use those detachments in assault, as they're generally going to be comprised of the scum of society who need to earn their freedom and redemption. Defensively, they should be used to man dangerous front line positions, either under threat of assault or those that constantly get hammered with IDF, but still need to be held anyway. Remember the Kyrnky campaign? That would've been the perfect role for convicts.

Some people are doubtless going to voice concerns, but, like it or not, the consequences of losing this war are worse for the Ukrainians than putting some unsavory people in uniform (most of whom probably won't survive the war anyway). Besides that, regardless of whether the Ukrainians mobilize convicts or not, this war is going to create a large generation of veterans with serious PTSD issues. Nobody is getting demobilized, and they're serving in combat that largely makes the GWOT look like a picnic. Most of the soldiers who have served for a while will return as entirely different people, all mentally scarred to some extent, and this WILL create problems further down the road with substance abuse, suicide, and, yes, violent crime. It's too late to stop that now. The best thing that can be done is to accept that and try to make their sacrifices mean something.

Countries, nations, kings, have been recruiting or coercing convicts, criminals and slaves to fight for millennia. The French Foreign Legion used to be one big example. I'm perfectly ok with it as long as they are upfront and honest and unlike the Russians, properly train, equip, and lead them.

Could be a good chance for some to redeem themselves. As long as they aren't pulled against their will, lied to, and not trained there isn't much wrong with it. If someone is doing 8-10 years for something moderate and they have had good behavior this can be an option for them. I doubt they'll let out serial killers and the like.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are some current prisoners who would really like the opportunity to get into this fight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#24]

It still sounds weird to me that this well-known communist Russian propaganda mouthpiece would be kidnapped by Russians and decapitated.
View All Quotes

The "Russians" could be Chechens for all we know.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Bro, are you referring to stuff that we already know about or stuff that we are going to find out about later?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Bro, are you referring to stuff that we already know about or stuff that we are going to find out about later?
View All Quotes

In a few weeks, you will find out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]

Looks like four himars rounds used.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Drunk Buryats saw a white boy, and they did what these people do.

Nothing at all about this is out of the ordinary by russian standards.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#29]

View All Quotes
30 minutes ago.

Makes Perfect sense:

1) Damage Russian refining infrastructure to limit Russian ability to produce refined petroleum products.  

2) Hit the closer refineries and oil distribution network to make petroleum resupply more difficult.  It appears that the Russians use commercial gas stations a lot to refuel military and logistic vehicles.

3) Disrupt the power supplies in occupied Ukraine as well as European Russia.  This will impact Russia significantly since they are running on a "Wartime Economy" and the impact on the power grid will negatively impact the Russian war effort on many levels.

4) Disruption of the petroleum industry power grid will also negatively impact Russian Rail Transportation in western Russia.  Rail is the key logistic mode for the Orcs to get equipment and supplies into theater, and almost all of their locomotives run on either diesel or electric, and you can not run an electrified rail system on generators, not to mention signaling, dispatch, etc.  Remember when Kyiv had to dust off old steam locomotives when the power grid around Kyiv was hit?

5) things like cracking towers, main grid transformers, etc cost a LOT, are difficult to replace even in more permissive times than these and can take months or even years to manufacture and construct let alone transport and install.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Concrete armor.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/LLaGMEU.jpeg

Concrete armor.
View Quote

I was more amused when they used wooden ammo crates personally.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Fucking tease, I used to date girls in high school like you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Yup.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#35]

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are some current prisoners who would really like the opportunity to get into this fight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Ukrainian lawmakers approve first reading of army service for convicts. Like it or not, if there are military aged males fit to serve, Ukraine is not in a position where they should be turning them away. Based on this article, it looks like the convicts will be put in separate detachments. Overall, it's not a bad idea. Based on the way this war has been fought on both sides, there's a need for a lot of disposable infantry. Offensively, it would make the most sense to use those detachments in assault, as they're generally going to be comprised of the scum of society who need to earn their freedom and redemption. Defensively, they should be used to man dangerous front line positions, either under threat of assault or those that constantly get hammered with IDF, but still need to be held anyway. Remember the Kyrnky campaign? That would've been the perfect role for convicts.

Some people are doubtless going to voice concerns, but, like it or not, the consequences of losing this war are worse for the Ukrainians than putting some unsavory people in uniform (most of whom probably won't survive the war anyway). Besides that, regardless of whether the Ukrainians mobilize convicts or not, this war is going to create a large generation of veterans with serious PTSD issues. Nobody is getting demobilized, and they're serving in combat that largely makes the GWOT look like a picnic. Most of the soldiers who have served for a while will return as entirely different people, all mentally scarred to some extent, and this WILL create problems further down the road with substance abuse, suicide, and, yes, violent crime. It's too late to stop that now. The best thing that can be done is to accept that and try to make their sacrifices mean something.

Countries, nations, kings, have been recruiting or coercing convicts, criminals and slaves to fight for millennia. The French Foreign Legion used to be one big example. I'm perfectly ok with it as long as they are upfront and honest and unlike the Russians, properly train, equip, and lead them.

As bad as being in a war can be, it is still overall better than being in prison.  You can have a cell phone when you are in the rear, schoolkids send you letters to keep your spirits up, and you can release some of the bottled up rage doing bad things to bad people.  Plus, if you survive and rack up a few decorations, it can go a long way to getting folks to forget about the stupidity that got you sent to the big house post war.  Besides, "volunteered to serve on the front lines" sounds a lot better than "spent the whole war in a prison cell" at Parole Board hearings, amnesty requests, and on future job applications!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes

lol, some serious shit coming.

Pro Russian summary.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#37]
Another propagandist down yesterday.

Blogger "Misha from Canada" died in a motorcycle accident in Sevastopol

Blogger "Misha from Canada" died in a motorcycle accident in Sevastopol. His close friends informed us of his death.

Previously, last night Mikhail was riding a Harley-Davidson at high speed, lost control, flew into oncoming traffic and collided with a VAZ-2114 on Pozharova Street. The blogger was taken away in an ambulance with serious injuries, but he died en route.

All three passengers and the driver of the Lada were injured in the accident and were taken to the hospital for treatment. The accident is being investigated.

https://crimea-news.com/society/2024/04/20/1352709.html
https://crimea-news.com/society/2024/04/20/1352659.html
https://ua.news/ua/war-vs-rf/u-krymu-rozbyvsya-vidomyj-rosijskyj-propagandyst-mysha-z-kanady

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

For the Russians, the anticipation of what sorts of things will soon be literally killing them has to be figuratively killing them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#42]

lol
View Quote

You beat me though. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes when I saw it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#43]

You beat me though. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes when I saw it.
View All Quotes

lol

Me too actually, I'm still laughing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:44:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#44]

LuLz

Double LuLz
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

LuLz

Double LuLz
View Quote

This is gonna be great lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Looks like four himars rounds used.
View Quote

No secondaries from any of them.

Decoy?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Yup.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

Yup.

Amen to that
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

It's a bit early for me to be doing this. But I slammed a shot of whiskey in honor of the events on the House floor today.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5573 of 5589)
Top Top