Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 53
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

I still say that Burfict hit on him scrambled his eggs beyond what he could recover completely from. It's a crying shame, too, because he was really really close to completing an "all-time" career. Dude was absolutely beastly at the WR game. Many people still have no idea just how dominant he was for as long as he was.

To think he got to play with Tom Brady in both NE and Tampa and flamed out both times. I still contend that if he had played his cards straight while in NE, he'd have two rings instead of one and Brady would have eight rings instead of seven. Remember, the Patriots started that year 8-0 and had a monster defense that was setting records left and right. When AB got shown the door, it was the end of the Patriots being legitimate contenders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:
He posted this one the other day

AB has turned into a meme lord.  Who knew?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLNfmlBXEAAi03o?format=png&name=small

I still say that Burfict hit on him scrambled his eggs beyond what he could recover completely from. It's a crying shame, too, because he was really really close to completing an "all-time" career. Dude was absolutely beastly at the WR game. Many people still have no idea just how dominant he was for as long as he was.

To think he got to play with Tom Brady in both NE and Tampa and flamed out both times. I still contend that if he had played his cards straight while in NE, he'd have two rings instead of one and Brady would have eight rings instead of seven. Remember, the Patriots started that year 8-0 and had a monster defense that was setting records left and right. When AB got shown the door, it was the end of the Patriots being legitimate contenders.
AB was a mess before the hit.
Dumlin had a big part in it.

After the hit he turned into a monster.

Who knows how long he could have kept the numbers up with a healthy Big Ben.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By colklink:

I wouldn't be shocked if Chicago has the #1 pick in 3 years and the new coach and GM are trying to decide which top QB prospect to ruin

As long as Chicago and Washington are in the NFC, Dallas won't be the absolute worst shit show.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Hasn't even played in an NFL game yet and he's talking about chasing down Tom Brady.

I'd be willing to wager he ends his NFL career with fewer postseason TDs than Brady has Super Bowl rings.

I wouldn't be shocked if Chicago has the #1 pick in 3 years and the new coach and GM are trying to decide which top QB prospect to ruin

As long as Chicago and Washington are in the NFC, Dallas won't be the absolute worst shit show.
I give Caleb Williams two years and then he will be gone.

More if he is kept on the bench for at least a year.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
I give Caleb Williams two years and then he will be gone.

More if he is kept on the bench for at least a year.
View Quote

Agreed. Everything about him screams bust.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Another reason to like Annie...
View Quote

Didn't need another, but very cool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Another reason to like Annie...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Such wifey material right there
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Women's sports are kind of lame and the WNBA even more lame, but the whole Clark thing has been a decent story in a country which hasn't had many decent stories recently.  Yay tall white chick from flyover country.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Women's sports are kind of lame and the WNBA even more lame, but the whole Clark thing has been a decent story in a country which hasn't had many decent stories recently.  Yay tall white chick from flyover country.
View Quote

That is truly amazing what she has done for women's basketball. WNBA viewrship numbers will go up the first season and next year's college numbers will be way down with her gone. Still not watching...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheHunstman:

That is truly amazing what she has done for women's basketball. WNBA viewrship numbers will go up the first season and next year's college numbers will be way down with her gone. Still not watching...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheHunstman:

Same
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I know everyone is tired of hearing about Dak. Too bad

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2024/4/21/24135539/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract-negotiations-2025-free-agent-stephen-jerry-jones

I honestly think he is done in Dallas after 2024. I think they try going with Trey Lance in 2025. I am 50-50 as to whether McCarthy comes back. But I think the Jones are laying the playoff loss at Daks feet, which is unfair IMO. Their defense historically shit the bed because fuckface was was thinking about his next HC job. I think had the defense kept the game close, Daks gets it together in the 2nd half.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#14]

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2024/4/21/24135539/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract-negotiations-2025-free-agent-stephen-jerry-jones

I honestly think he is done in Dallas after 2024. I think they try going with Trey Lance in 2025. I am 50-50 as to whether McCarthy comes back. But I think the Jones are laying the playoff loss at Daks feet, which is unfair IMO. Their defense historically shit the bed because fuckface was was thinking about his next HC job. I think had the defense kept the game close, Daks gets it together in the 2nd half.
View Quote

As the biggest Trey Lance fan outside of TG44 pre-draft I dont think that's going to go well.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#15]

(This isn't a mock of who should be available where, but a ranking of the 30 best players in the draft.)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLxnUB-WYAAsiGB?format=png&name=small

(This isn't a mock of who should be available where, but a ranking of the 30 best players in the draft.)
View Quote

Really suprised Daniels is as low as he is.

The only real knock I've heard against him is he roadrunners himself into defenders.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

As the biggest Trey Lance fan outside of TG44 pre-draft I dont think that's going to go well.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Agreed. And they didn't even pick up the 5th year option on Lance. So he is a FA after this season as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#18]
The NFL's investigation into the Falcons and Eagles for tampering could reach a conclusion as early as this week, per sources. Sources believe the discipline, which is likely to involve draft picks, is expected to be more severe for the Falcons.

Take the Falcons #8 overall before Thursday?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:10:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SmithinitUp] [#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Another former player on the staff.

Matthew Slater gets full-time job with Patriots

Reiss explain that Slater will be a "sounding board on football and team building," and that he'll assist with "people development."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Solid yawn.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Reiss explain that Slater will be a "sounding board on football and team building," and that he'll assist with "people development."
View Quote
He was reportedly at the facilities for the last couple weeks, but I didn't bother posting it yet because he didn't have an official job description/title yet. Glad to see they made an announcement. He'll be an excellent guy to have around as an assistant/locker room leadership guy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:20:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#23]

Solid yawn.
View Quote
Shoulder design is shit. They look like Arena Football jerseys. What are the triangles for?

Edit: The sleeve caps of the jerseys show a mountain peak created from the linework within the team's logo, while the under sleeve includes perforated triangles that recognize high elevation and pay tribute to iconic summit markets. A stripe with contrasting colors down the side of the pants will feature sharp edges as a nod to the Rocky Mountain peaks.

Double: I'll give a positive when due. The metallic matte helmet looks pretty nice. Although the all white helmet is very meh.

Triple: Some more information from their Social:

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:53:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#24]
The throwbacks look good though. Should just wear them all season.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Better than what they are replacing, but "meh." Not sure why teams have this fascination with stylized numbers on their uniforms. It's stupid and looks dumb. With traditional block numbers, these new uniforms would look decent.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Honestly, I don't know why they don't simply go back to these. They look great and look like an NFL uniform, not from some upstart league.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Dak’s stats were padded. He did most damage with soft D and subs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
He was reportedly at the facilities for the last couple weeks, but I didn't bother posting it yet because he didn't have an official job description/title yet. Glad to see they made an announcement. He'll be an excellent guy to have around as an assistant/locker room leadership guy.
View All Quotes

If ever there was a guy who could coach special teams...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#29]
The NFL's investigation into the Falcons and Eagles for tampering could reach a conclusion as early as this week, per sources. Sources believe the discipline, which is likely to involve draft picks, is expected to be more severe for the Falcons.

View Quote

That would be harsh to take away a first round pick completely, if it happens in the first round they probably trade places with Minnesota at 11. If they lose a pick it usually happens in a later round. It probably won't matter much, the Falcons always do the weirdest things in the draft anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

For sure.  and definitely agree he's a great presence on the time

Speaking of former players, Troy Brown is not on the current coaches roster.  He was coaching receivers/returners last year.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

That would be harsh to take away a first round pick completely, if it happens in the first round they probably trade places with Minnesota at 11. If they lose a pick it usually happens in a later round. It probably won't matter much, the Falcons always do the weirdest things in the draft anyway.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Dolphins lost their 1st and 3rd for talking to Brady and Payton. Although I believe that was the first, and only, time a 1st round pick was docked for tampering.

So yeah, a 1st isn't likely for this incident. But it would amuse me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Good for her, she'll need every dime from her endorsement deals.  She makes less than I do. $76,535

Lowest paid player on the 'Boys is Juanyeh Thomas who makes over 10x that.  $832,500

More people will see him on the sidelines in one game than will see her play all season.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:11:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#34]
Matt Ryan announces his official retirement from the NFL, as an Atlanta Falcon.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/matt-ryan

Dear Atlanta...

April 26th, 2008, my lifelong dream came true.

Ever since I can remember, all I ever wanted to do was play professional sports. And on that Saturday in New York City, the Atlanta Falcons gave me that chance. Thank you to Arthur Blank, Mike Smith and Thomas Dimitroff for making that dream of mine a reality.

The first season was special. I learned quickly from veteran teammates like Todd McClure, Keith Brooking, Brian Finneran, Lawyer Milloy, John Abraham and a whole bunch of others, what it took to be a true professional. For the rest of my career, I always tried to be that example for other teammates.

Football is the ultimate team sport, and your teammates and coaches make enjoying the highs so much fun and navigating the lows all the more bearable. I was lucky to be surrounded by so many great teammates and coaches. I learned very quickly what greatness looked like from Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez and Michael Turner. A few years later, enters Julio Jones. And for ten years, I was lucky to be his teammate.

Seven years with Mike Smith as a head coach and six with Dan Quinn made me learn what leading men truly look like and shaped my views on leadership significantly. I'm so thankful to have played for those guys for so long and I appreciated my one year with Arthur Smith.

I truly believe that football, like life, is not simply about what you do, but rather who you do it with. I was a better player because of the people I was surrounded by.

So today - 16 years after being drafted - my childhood dream has officially come to an end. I'm honored to retire as a Falcon.

Thank you to all the Falcons fans for your continued support through the highs and the lows. I always felt your energy and passion. I want you to know that every day I felt the responsibility to give you the best version of myself. While we didn't accomplish everything we had hoped, I am proud of what we did, and I know that I gave everything I could to be the best that I possibly could.

You have no control in this profession of where you start. I am so lucky that my start and now my finish is here in Atlanta.

- Matt Ryan
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Matt Ryan announces his official retirement from the NFL, as an Atlanta Falcon.

View Quote

He does not belong in Canton.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#37]
View Quote

They really do need to trade out from 3.

Taking Drake Maye would cement their status as a bottom feeder franchise.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#38]

From Russell Wilson to Zach Wilson. Yee haw.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
At least the Broncos finally have someone on the roster while they try to get someone in the draft. Rolling into the draft with Stidham and DiNucci on the roster probably applied a lot of pressure to take someone no matter what.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#41]
At least the Broncos finally have someone on the roster while they try to get someone in the draft. Rolling into the draft with Stidham and DiNucci on the roster probably applied a lot of pressure to take someone no matter what.
View All Quotes

And you think trading for Zach Wilson changes that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
I think Zach Wilson is better than Stidham and DiNucci. It gives them someone with starting experience, and who knows how he might do with a change of scenery. At least this way the Broncos don't need to do something crazy in the draft. Like taking Bo Nix at #12.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I think Zach Wilson is better than Stidham and DiNucci. It gives them someone with starting experience, and who knows how he might do with a change of scenery. At least this way the Broncos don't need to do something crazy in the draft. Like taking Bo Nix at #12.
View Quote

Ideally they'd trade back with the Eagles and pick up a 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

This might reinforce your point, but I expect the Broncos to be in the bidding to trade up for McCarthy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#48]
2021 QB Draft Class

#1 Trevor Lawrence: Jaguars
#2 Zach Wilson: Jets > Traded to Broncos
#3 Trey Lance: 49ers > Traded to Cowboys
#11 Justin Fields: Bears > Traded to Steelers
#15 Mac Jones: Patriots > Traded to Jaguars

Trevor Lawrence leads the NFL in total turnovers since entering the league.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:08:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#49]
Lamar Jackson was voted the "favorite non-NBA athlete" by NBA players (Edit: 115 players polled).

Edit: He received 13% of the vote
2nd place was 6.1% for Caitlin Clark

Other athletes who all received over 2% of the vote: Novak Djokovic, Usain Bolt, Patrick Mahomes, Mike Tyson, Justin Jefferson, Jon "Bones" Jones and Shohei Ohtani
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

But have you seen her jump shot? She must have at least a 12" vertical jump!
Page / 53
Top Top