User Panel

Page / 50
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By kill-9:

Originally Posted By flpickupman:

Originally Posted By Commando_Guy:

Originally Posted By CIB:

No really I would pay more for the game without them, it would be fine if they were played the way they are supposed to be.  That ain't never gonna happen.  Plus, we could all bitch about something else, instead of the infamous camping, bushwookie!

They are fun to knife though.

Very rarely run that kit, but when I do, it's usually with the SVU, and usually building to building.

And I DO spam motion mines like they are going out of style.

Nick

More snipers should play that way.

I play that way too, depending on the map and the needs of the team.  But it gets frustrating when Assault guys don't seem to know about dropping ammo.  

This, although I usually play with my friends, and we are all on Vent.

Nick

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone in a BFBC2 clan?

I'm really in need of a squad, I consider myself a good player who could be a valuable asset but it's normally only me and a buddy, and as of late he's been playing much less.

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FTAggie:
So is Battlefield 3 the first game that will get people talking about the current generation of consoles' age?

All this talk of the game being scaled down for consoles and how the PC version Crytek 2 is a generation ahead of the consoles, how long until Microsoft/Sony start talking about the next generation?

All along, the powers that be have wanted to extend the life of the current generation as long as possible, especially after the 2008 economic crash. Thus why you see the so-called "slim" versions coming out and the booming motion market with Kinect and Move.

With the motion products being so young, I don't see Msoft/sony making any big moves, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start working on the next level if designers start putting out better products on the PC. I remember when the old Medal of Honor games were vastly superior on PC compared to the consoles, and likewise the first run of Call of Duty.

When the 360 came out I remember someone at Microsoft saying they wanted it to last to 2015
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I certainly like what I see so far.  I love BFBC:2, only thing I don't like about it is, whats already been beaten/knifed to death (Snipers).  Actually, I'd pay $120 for the game if they take the Recon/Sniper class completely out.

The only guns I used in BFBC: 2 were the M24 and the Garand

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I assume these beautiful videos are for the PC version.  Is there any word or videos on how much different the console version will be?  I play COD on 360 but i'm so sick of the COD series.  Will BF3 be close to as amazing as it sounds on the consoles or will it be significantly scaled down?
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
holy shit 32 vs 32 with prone and jets this is going to be epic.

i still play battlefield 2 everyday
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By EladEflow:
Anyone in a BFBC2 clan?

I'm really in need of a squad, I consider myself a good player who could be a valuable asset but it's normally only me and a buddy, and as of late he's been playing much less.

Check out IBClan.net. Good group of guys that mostly play BFBC2 but also play some of the other popular games out today. They have their own TeamSpeak channel and will have their own server when BF3 comes out. I'm KaBar on the forums. Join us on TeamSpeak sometime.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]

No really I would pay more for the game without them, it would be fine if they were played the way they are supposed to be.  That ain't never gonna happen.  Plus, we could all bitch about something else, instead of the infamous camping, bushwookie!

Very rarely run that kit, but when I do, it's usually with the SVU, and usually building to building.

Nick

I play that way too, depending on the map and the needs of the team.  But it gets frustrating when Assault guys don't seem to know about dropping ammo.  

That's interesting to note. Since I'm not particularly good with any of the weapons besides rocket launchers, I tend to think of my class in terms of what support it provides. If/when I start using the Assault kit, I'll be dropping ammo boxes left and right.

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Bye-Bye cock of doody!
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 1:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Commando_Guy] [#11]
Originally Posted By Slavac:

Nick

That's interesting to note. Since I'm not particularly good with any of the weapons besides rocket launchers, I tend to think of my class in terms of what support it provides. If/when I start using the Assault kit, I'll be dropping ammo boxes left and right.

Motion mines have gotten me a large part of my 820 dog tags.  I hear one then bury the knife in a sniper.

As a sniper, I rarely use them unless I'm in a very exposed location with lots of traffic around me.  Typically I'd rather stay hidden and let the BG run right past me (or in the case of one SQDM game last night, have three separate snipers crawl into the same bush I am for 3 more sets of tags).

Different play styles I guess.
When I spam mines, it's usually as my squad enters a new area and especially as we are capping a flag-they go out on the outskirts of my area.
Try and shiv me in the back and you have to contend with the fact that I'm not the only one in the area and we ALL know where you are.
The rare occasion when I operate alone and as a sniper, the mines are NOT out, I am usually in the opposing teams new spawn (after we lost one set of objectives in rush, and I stay behind with the SVU and pop guys in the back as they are heading on.
Got nailed in the back of the head as you were running to attack the next set of objectives?

Nick

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]

As a sniper, I rarely use [motion mines] unless I'm in a very exposed location with lots of traffic around me.  Typically I'd rather stay hidden and let the BG run right past me (or in the case of one SQDM game last night, have three separate snipers crawl into the same bush I am for 3 more sets of tags).

They are most useful when you are running with your squad while wielding, say, a shotgun.  Then you can spam mines out in front of the assault wave.  This works great as long as your Assault guys are dropping ammo packs.

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
When does the next demo video come out?
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
When does the next demo video come out?

30th of this month
Link Posted: 3/28/2011 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#16]
DICE has confirmed that BF3 will have 24-player MP on the consoles, which after playing BC2 for nearly 200 hours over the last year, that doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I just hope the maps don't feel too small (they're scaling them down from the PC version) and we avoid the no-vehicle maps like the few we had on BC2.

They also showed off some PS3 footage at a convention this week. Should give us a good idea of what to expect on the consoles, but footage has not leaked yet. Supposedly that leaked video from the GDC was PS3, but of course that was never confirmed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:28:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Some bits from DICE on balancing and including prone...

http://games.on.net/article/12023/Video_Interview_Battlefield_3
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#18]
bump for the new trailer
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks awesome, except for one thing that pisses me off...

I think every bit of footage released to date has been console.  

I want to see some PC gameplay dammit.          
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By slabertooch:

Um... no... pretty sure the footage has been from PC.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Mar 30 video

DUDE!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]

That is PC footage. Console footage wouldn't look nearly as good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By TheJacket:

Unless that has some serious mouse smoothing going on, it is most definitely a console controller being used.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm torn, do I want console, which most friends play... or do I want PC since I have a home built gaming rig that can move faster, provide better graphics and larger scale game play than console?

I might have to actually go the ARFCOM route on this one and get both.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Unless that has some serious mouse smoothing going on, it is most definitely a console controller being used.

If you watch the first video you can see where it says press S to drag the guy to safety.
Xbox doesn't have an S button.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
I'm torn, do I want console, which most friends play... or do I want PC since I have a home built gaming rig that can move faster, provide better graphics and larger scale game play than console?

Indeed. We'd miss you terribly otherwise.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:

Indeed. We'd miss you terribly otherwise.

you just like when I talk dirty to you
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, looks like I'll be getting this one..

Will probably have to upgrade the ol PC too..
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#29]

If you watch the first video you can see where it says press S to drag the guy to safety.

Xbox doesn't have an S button.

You can see similar key commands during the hand-to-hand fight sequence in the latest video.

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Someone mentioned this on another board.

Anyone think hand-to-hand combat will find its way into multiplayer?

I suspect not.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Right. Like we need another potentially broken gameplay aspect. I've missed enough dogtags to be leery of such a thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Battlefield 3 full reveal early release if 1,000,000 Facebook likes

Just thought I'd pass this along. Apparently if they get 1,000,000 likes on FB, they will release the "full reveal" scheduled for April 17th early. We're halfway there people!
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By smolen:

Just thought I'd pass this along. Apparently if they get 1,000,000 likes on FB, they will release the "full reveal" scheduled for April 17th early. We're halfway there people!

So less than a week before the official release of a trailer for a game that's not coming out for seven months... yeah... not going to put too much effort into "recruiting" likes.

Link Posted: 4/12/2011 8:58:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hadrian] [#34]

Just
thought I'd pass this along. Apparently if they get 1,000,000 likes on
FB, they will release the "full reveal" scheduled for April 17th early.
We're halfway there people!

So less than a week before the
official release of a trailer for a game that's not coming out for seven
months... yeah... not going to put too much effort into "recruiting"
likes.  

DICE has become very good at leveraging tiny amounts of information into huge amounts of hype.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#35]

So less than a week before the official release of a trailer for a game that's not coming out for seven months... yeah... not going to put too much effort into "recruiting" likes.  

No crap...

It saddens me that people would fall for the "Give us your information so we can use it to market to you, and we will let you watch an advertisement a little earlier."

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#36]
The 12 minute full reveal came out today a day early.

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Looks good. I hope they release some multi-player footage soon. That's all I care about.

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By KingRat:

Looks good. I hope they release some multi-player footage soon. That's all I care about.

We won't get to see any of that nor the console footage until E3 so check back around the first week of June.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By renesis:

The 12 minute full reveal came out today a day early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc

OH

MAH

LAWD

I don't care how much this sells, it is going to be so much better than CoD.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]

same footage, different editing
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#41]
This game is going to be awesome
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Same footage of the same mission over and over.... I know single player is a low priority these days, but I certainly hope there is more then 12 minutes of game play...
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Same footage of the same mission over and over.... I know single player is a low priority these days, but I certainly hope there is more then 12 minutes of game play...

Game is still six months away...

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#44]

This. It even says a the beginning of all the footage that it is pre-alpha software. Notice that the NPCs don't even have sights on their weapons.

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By panda_king:

This. It even says a the beginning of all the footage that it is pre-alpha software. Notice that the NPCs don't even have sights on their weapons.

Meh I too am disappointed with the same trailer material being 'released' over and over and over and over.  How about something new, even if 30 secs worth?

You're a ninny.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm going to make the cumsies the entire time I play this game.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#48]
You would think after all this time they would know how to properly reload an AR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Supra_MK3:
You would think after all this time they would know how to properly reload an AR.

This game looks awesome and I can't wait for it to come out.  I've got high hopes.  But it's seriously going to irritate me badly if I have to see my character pull the charging handle every time I reload.  It does bother me that these companies spend so much time and money on realism but they never seem to get gun mechanics or operations right.  It doesn't take that much to ask one knowledgable fellow "hey, is this right?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By medicine_man:
Originally Posted By Supra_MK3:

This game looks awesome and I can't wait for it to come out.  I've got high hopes.  But it's seriously going to irritate me badly if I have to see my character pull the charging handle every time I reload.  It does bother me that these companies spend so much time and money on realism but they never seem to get gun mechanics or operations right.  It doesn't take that much to ask one knowledgable fellow "hey, is this right?"

This has been addressed numerous times to the devs and I hope it will be fixed, after all this is just an alpha build and they will polish things off when the public beta is released.
Page / 50
Top Top