User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Page two.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

wow. sounds like you’re approving what occurred.

i’m sure you wouldn’t have the same response if you were the one bit, got an infection, and hand amputated after 3 surgeries.

let’s also not forget the medical bills you’d receive.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

right! I'd even let the dog bite a pinky off.

i’m sure you wouldn’t have the same response if you were the one bit, got an infection, and hand amputated after 3 surgeries.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
How about no.

if you have the power to detain, arrest and even use lethal force you have the absolute responsibility to double check your information before doing any of the above.

the moment force is used of freedom is removed, if you fucked up you should lose it all.

and before anyone says " you never done the job" or any of that shit.. the guy pulled over and the officer had all the time in the world to double check before escalating to a felony stop with weapons drawn.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scratch45:
I understand them coming in extra serious about the supposedly stolen plate.

When pulled over, obey the police commands, which the suspect did not.  That is how you get bit by K9 or thrown down and cuffed.

But still B.S. charging them with rwsisti g arrest obstruction though.   I guess cops gotta teach a lesson about following their commands...

Dog bites should have been enough of a lesson.
How about no.

if you have the power to detain, arrest and even use lethal force you have the absolute responsibility to double check your information before doing any of the above.

the moment force is used of freedom is removed, if you fucked up you should lose it all.

and before anyone says " you never done the job" or any of that shit.. the guy pulled over and the officer had all the time in the world to double check before escalating to a felony stop with weapons drawn.

I see your point
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Release a dog on me and the dog dies.  After that, I am pretty sure they will kill me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Lawyer up and get ready for the payday. At least they didn't mag dump on him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lumper:
I understand mistakes happen.  I have a harder time understanding why after a mistake is made and has been acknowledged, one would chose to double down on that mistake.

Perhaps a Dale Carnegie book would help them.  "How to win friends and influence people" would be a good start.
View Quote

But.. It's for your "safety".
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Bro getting ready to get paid!!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]

When pulled over, obey the police commands, which the suspect did not.  That is how you get bit by K9 or thrown down and cuffed.

But still B.S. charging them with rwsisti g arrest obstruction though.   I guess cops gotta teach a lesson about following their commands...

View Quote

I sympathize with the guy. But going full resistance, with a dog on scene, seems like a bad idea. Once I hear "dog", I'm going to comply with whatever.

The chickenshits charging him after is bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Paul:
I wonder how deep the insurance policy for the plate reader company is?

The OPLive crew have seen this a hundred times. Watch the body camera footage for the truth but typically the person being stopped wants to conduct trial on the side of the road through an open window. The judges have one hell of a union and would destroy any officer that got caught wearing robes out on the street. So the person who is refusing to ID or get out of the car - a deadly weapon - asks twenty times the same question. The officer trying to conduct the traffic stop has an approved standard operating procedure that the department follows. License, insurance, and registration sir.

Low IQ drivers often think the officer knows things that they couldn't possibly know.

Navy Shore Patrol had a policy too. We had to ask for an ID card three times before we could go hands/sticks on.

View Quote

You know that guys problem?  He thought he was a free man protected by the fourth amendment.  The boy should have done what his betters told him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

He was offering to get bit and loose a pinkie for the payday at the end.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By oulufinn:
In before the inevitable thread slide by the resident le bomb throwers. They're never not entertaining.
View Quote

Look, cops arrest millions of people per day, just statistically they are going to accidentally kill a few black men, plant some drugs, and have dogs bite someone walking away at 2 miles per hour, or break the bones of some crazy old lady picking flowers after she got confused at the walmart check-out. You guys need to ignore those as statistically irrelevant.

If you don't allow cops to make some mistakes, the no one would be cops and you'd have all sorts of crazy old ladies almost shoplifting from wal-mart in their delusional mindset.  We can't have that!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I sympathize with the guy. But going full resistance, with a dog on scene, seems like a bad idea. Once I hear "dog", I'm going to comply with whatever.

The chickenshits charging him after is bullshit.
View Quote

Full resistance?  He walked 3 steps.  He has probably encountered chickenshit punks like those cops before.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
Release a dog on me and the dog dies.  After that, I am pretty sure they will kill me.
View Quote

There's a video out there of a guy who has a K9 attached to his arm and he throws it over an overpass or bridge(?) or something.
Roy
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Interesting.

You are saying people should obey the law.

Ever heard of the term Graham Factors? That defines how much force can be used before the police are the ones breaking the law.  I think we have better evidence dog-cop broke a more serious law than truckdriver.  Which is why the OTHER police chose to arrest the worst criminal on the scene.

Oh wait...they didn't do that?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:

Page two.

View Quote

an emoji is all you can provide as a response?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
How about no.

View All Quotes

How about no.

I agree. At minimum, they should have verified the plates match with their own eyes. Could have been avoided entirely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
View Quote

Police K-9 is gonna tear your ass up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Even if there’s no alcohol he could still be guilty!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#18]
It's already been said but once the stop was deemed illegitimate, they can't arrest and charge for what came after.

In my experience, most cops don't actually know the law that well. I avoid cops at all costs. It seems more than ever they love to abuse their authority and didn't learn anything from 2020.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jsnappa:

Full resistance?  He walked 3 steps.  He has probably encountered chickenshit punks like those cops before.
View Quote
Furtive movements, they had to get it on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:52:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _Redacted_] [#20]
Can we release the dogs on some unrelated officers,  let them chew on their arms for a few minutes,  ridicule and laugh when they request medical attention and then throw them in jail.  The whole time they are pleading their innocence we can tell them to stop resisting.  It's important it's officers that weren't involved in this stop so they are just as clueless as this guy as to what is happening.  

What's good for the goose...

I am so f'n tired of this kind of interaction ending in a FU arrest knowing full well they fucked up.  Can't possibly admit you were wrong and the entire situation was on your shoulders.

I have reached the point where I think QI needs to go.  If you are going to fuck up and not own it or take responsibility for your own actions, then the public needs to be able to hold you accountable and make it hurt.  Do the job yourself or we the public do it for you with legal and financial repercussions.

There is no legitimate excuse. There is no justification.

And before anyone says you won't have police of you ditch QI.  That's not my fucking fault.  You are "in charge " in these interactions.  You own your fuck ups.  You choose not to, or get your actions covered by your superiors, what the fuck does that have to do with me/public perception.  YOU and the thin blue line are pushing it to this point, not the public.

That's why it's so important for the police to own their mistakes and punish their own, but they are too concerned about protecting their own...well you don't get to play both sides and win....you are creating the shit conditions in which you work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
Charged with obstruction and resisting arrest. Classy.
View Quote

If you f up as an officer, you pile as many ''quasi'' charges as you can on to try to CYA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

If you're gonna go in hot, at least bother to verify the plate.

Idiots shouldn't be cops, and dude should get payed.  Probably only the latter will happen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

If you f up as an officer, you pile as many ''quasi'' charges as you can on to try to CYA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
Charged with obstruction and resisting arrest. Classy.

To me it just makes the cop/s look really bad at that point.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top