Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Took the evil up to Phil's world and Boggy draw this weekend with a group of friends.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Freaking love those trail systems.  Amazing work out there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:45:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#2]
I gotta stop hitting gd and come here more often...

Got my enduro rig up and running a little while back. Had it set up with that Zeb off my Mutz, but the rebound blew so I switched back to this weird fork, which really, now having a back to back comparison--- runs pretty damn good.  The bike is noticeably less lively, but the Trust fork devours technical terrain.

Zerode Taniwha
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Did some American stuff over the weekend. Shuttled up a mountain, raced bikes down, and then enduroed up and down a few more stages. I was woefully unprepared for the event. I'd never run these trails and missed the practice day ahead of time. Going into a race totally cold is not recommended. Got a little banged up going over the bars and lost about 5 minutes on the stage because my bars twisted on the fork so I had to loosen and straighten them, but the hardware made it through minus a spoke.

I recently installed super fat max grips on the rascal. I didn't realize how much thickness they added and how difficult it was to reach the brakes with until accelerating down the first stage of the enduro. Tough lesson.

All in all, tons of fun. I'll be back with a little more prep next year. And I'll wear flats next time.

Found online where some guy filmed a stage of the race:
In the Gnome of Love Mad River Enduro 2022

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
Did some American stuff over the weekend. Shuttled up a mountain, raced bikes down, and then enduroed up and down a few more stages. I was woefully unprepared for the event. I'd never run these trails and missed the practice day ahead of time. Going into a race totally cold is not recommended. Got a little banged up going over the bars and lost about 5 minutes on the stage because my bars twisted on the fork so I had to loosen and straighten them, but the hardware made it through minus a spoke.

I recently installed super fat max grips on the rascal. I didn't realize how much thickness they added and how difficult it was to reach the brakes with until accelerating down the first stage of the enduro. Tough lesson.

All in all, tons of fun. I'll be back with a little more prep next year. And I'll wear flats next time.

https://i.imgur.com/nvlu5pA.jpg

Found online where some guy filmed a stage of the race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fSSUiv0yGo

View Quote

Nice man, that course looked pretty fun. Seems like there's always a couple guys going in blind on race day, which is sketchy.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PrincipsPistol:

Nice man, that course looked pretty fun. Seems like there's always a couple guys going in blind on race day, which is sketchy.

View Quote
Roughly 2k descending in the 4ish miles of race. Pretty sporty. They lost the first stage data so squeezed in an extra stage to make up for it. Going into raceday blind is horrible.

Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
My Ibis Ripley v4

Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By flgfish:
My Ibis Ripley v4

https://i.imgur.com/CJfcBjn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/D6l17GH.jpg
View Quote
Nice Ripley, my GF has the same one. It's crazy fast.

I found a helmet ding and emailed specialized a photo to see if they recommended to replace it. They said yes and are sending a new one free of charge. Impressive service.

Also decided to upgrade brakes from OEM sram stuff to Shimano XT. Miss the XT on my old bike and the new 4 pot calipers look amazing. Can't wait to try them out.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a great picture, but added a Stumpjumper to the rack with my 6 year old Crave.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Made a couple of concessions to comfort with my previously posted rig.      

Full disclosure- I'm fat -- gained a bunch of weight since i had this built with a Specialized Power saddle  (which works when im in shape )  --   But with my current round shape, a 6 mile singletrack ride had me sore , but i can seemingly ride around all day on my 29" BMX cruiser just piddling around  (an SE Big Flyer )

So i sourced an SE BMX cruiser saddle for this ----   it looks odd, but hey , whatever works , and it has a bottle opener built in !     (of course that may be counter-productive to my weight loss struggle )

More importantly, she got some new shoes ---   was rolling on a set of Ardent 2.1's that were sitting on a shelf for years -- so the rubber was hard -   upgraded by Rekon 2.4 rear, 2.6 front   --   i'm sure i'mn taking a step or 2 back in rolling resistance, but man, that 2.6 almost looks like a plus bike tire ---

I cant wait to get these out to the trail to try them out

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:06:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Moklakins] [#10]
Got out tonight for one of my last after work night rides before it starts getting rainy.  Bike is a propain spindrift.

190 travel zeb ultimate fork

180 rear wheel travel with a super deluxe ultimate coil

Front brake Shimano saint

Rear brake sram code rsc

Sram x01 drivetrain

edit: Finally decided to log into a PC so I could fix my picture.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Evil Offering V2
EXT Storia V3 shock
TRP DHR EVO brakes
OneUp carbon bars
Lengthened the Lyrik Ultimate to 160mm
PWN Grips
Wolf Tooth dropper remote

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Sold my last FS bike about 2007, a Yeti 575.  Been on a hardtail since, a Santa Cruz Chameleon, Specialized Fatboy for a bit, and a Orbea Onyx on the road.

Picked up my new to me '21 Fuse about February/March... soooo much fun.

Then worked a ton of OT recently.....

2021 Santa Cruz 5010 C XT, ran over to Bend to pick this up, teenage girl had been riding it (yeah a girls bike) until she stepped up to a new Bronson, set up the front and rear shocks to hold me, upsized the front rotor to a 203 Ice Tech, dropped in new brake pads and a new bleed.  Enve stem is 35mm, might need to up it a little but we'll see.

Fun so far, I like 27.5" although my Fuse in 29" and I think I might miss that rolling speed, we'll see

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Moklakins:
Got out tonight for one of my last after work night rides before it starts getting rainy.  Bike is a propain spindrift.

190 travel zeb ultimate fork

180 rear wheel travel with a super deluxe ultimate coil

Front brake Shimano saint

Rear brake sram code rsc

Sram x01 drivetrain

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300649/Snapchat-1791065083_jpg-2562295.JPG
View Quote

That's a cool ass bike man. I'm gonna have to dig into those a bit. I've been wanting a dh bike or bigger Enduro rig.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
2014(?) GT Pantera 27+, setup with 29 for distance/training/gravel/cruiser days, basically when my other bikes are down, which is often.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PrincipsPistol:

That's a cool ass bike man. I'm gonna have to dig into those a bit. I've been wanting a dh bike or bigger Enduro rig.
View Quote

Such a sweet bike.  Pedals really well for how much travel it has.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's my poverty pony.

2003 Giant Faith
180mm Totem Air
200mm Rear RockShox Air can
Saint DH rear Hub/Sun Ringle rear hoop
Deore 10spd conversion
Code RSC
PNW dropper

Geo Specs are in line with most modern enduro bikes minus reach and wheelbase. It's heavy AF but was easier on the budget to rebuild this vs a new bike. Going up sucks but coming down its a freight train. Mountain Creek/Blue mountain are local to me.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hodgexj1996:
Here's my poverty pony.

2003 Giant Faith
180mm Totem Air
200mm Rear RockShox Air can
Saint DH rear Hub/Sun Ringle rear hoop
Deore 10spd conversion
Code RSC
PNW dropper

Geo Specs are in line with most modern enduro bikes minus reach and wheelbase. It's heavy AF but was easier on the budget to rebuild this vs a new bike. Going up sucks but coming down its a freight train. Mountain Creek/Blue mountain are local to me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/532253/received_509604627472936_jpeg-2578737.JPG
View Quote

I imagine going up steep stuff really sucks with that seat angle.  Thats the one thing that prevents me from riding older bikes.  Slack seat angles are torturous.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hodgexj1996] [#18]

I imagine going up steep stuff really sucks with that seat angle.  Thats the one thing that prevents me from riding older bikes.  Slack seat angles are torturous.
View Quote

Its effing terrible. Seats pushed all the way forward to try and get me over the center more but its god awful. I usually winch gear most stuff lol. That and wheelbase being short gets it real light on the front end in steep tech stuff. I slammed the stem/ stack and went with 10mm bars to try and get me out over the front a bit more. Its tolerable considering what it is and being 40+ lbs its good to keep my ass in shape. Eventually looking at the Evo Alloy or Rocky Altitude but I haven't gotten back to riding enough to justify it.

I used to race Jr expert / pro open in early 2000s. Getting back into it now, the technology advances is absolutely ABSURD what these bikes can do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moklakins] [#19]

Its effing terrible. Seats pushed all the way forward to try and get me over the center more but its god awful. I usually winch gear most stuff lol. That and wheelbase being short gets it real light on the front end in steep tech stuff. I slammed the stem/ stack and went with 10mm bars to try and get me out over the front a bit more. Its tolerable considering what it is and being 40+ lbs its good to keep my ass in shape. Eventually looking at the Evo Alloy or Rocky Altitude but I haven't gotten back to riding enough to justify it.

I used to race Jr expert / pro open in early 2000s. Getting back into it now, the technology advances is absolutely ABSURD what these bikes can do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It really is insane how much better bikes are.  There is an optional drop on one of the trails I ride that used to have a sign next to it that said HARD! with an arrow pointing at the drop.  It's not a big drop but used to be pretty technical.  You basically drop into an off camber sharp left turn with a sudden sheer drop if you miss the corner.  Both times I tried it on my 2012 TR450 I ended up missing the corner, and high siding off the sheer drop and having my bike land on top of me at the bottom.  It was hard to go off the drop slow enough with the old short bikes to not miss the corner unless you were really good at slow speed manuals. On my Propain Spindrift I don't even have to think about the drop, I just creep up to it and push slightly when my front tire is at the edge and its perfect.  The sign is no longer there, and it was an engraved piece of wood nailed to a tree, so it was definitely removed on purpose.  Old features that felt super gnarly are nothing on new bikes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]

It really is insane how much better bikes are.  There is an optional drop on one of the trails I ride that used to have a sign next to it that said HARD! with an arrow pointing at the drop.  It's not a big drop but used to be pretty technical.  You basically drop into an off camber sharp left turn with a sudden sheer drop if you miss the corner.  Both times I tried it on my 2012 TR450 I ended up missing the corner, and high siding off the sheer drop and having my bike land on top of me at the bottom.  It was hard to go off the drop slow enough with the old short bikes to not miss the corner unless you were really good at slow speed manuals. On my Propain Spindrift I don't even have to think about the drop, I just creep up to it and push slightly when my front tire is at the edge and its perfect.  The sign is no longer there, and it was an engraved piece of wood nailed to a tree, so it was definitely removed on purpose.  Old features that felt super gnarly are nothing on new bikes.
View Quote

Watching Rampage highlights this week vs the older New World Disorder stuff is just laughable. I'm stoked to get my hands on a new bike one of these days. I can feel the difference just playing in parking lots so I can only imagine what its like on the trails. Plus I'm still researching to be honest. Specialized, Rocky and Trek all have dealers local to me, but the direct consumer stuff is legit as well. Mountain bikes, guns and vehicles are terribly expensive hobbies to be into Lmfao. I actually have a tr450 frame in my garage....well most of it still .....awesome bike.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:11:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#22]
Specialized Hard Rock Comp
Hard tail. I bought this bike back around 2004 and was big into mountain biking and trail riding with my brother.

After being hung up in the garage for so many years I decided to bring it in for a full tune up. Getting new brakes pads, cables, chain, inner tubes, rear gear sprocket and having it cleaned up and gone over. Should be picking it back up today.

Just got my wife a new bike for here to ride.
Hers is a TREK Dual Sport.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:45:51 AM EDT
[#23]
New Ibis Ripmo V2S.  First shakedown ride today.  Remember to torque your stem bolts, or you may have a bad time.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wookie1562] [#24]
Didn't think I would ever..... But I did.

The dark side (electric) is good. Heckler 29er.

Had a crazy compelling demo ride. Did 7.5 miles mostly flat double track in 30 minutes ish. Then a 3.5 mile loop with 600' of climbing in about 5 minutes. Felt so good I did the loop again. The demo bike had about half the battery remaining at that point and I was going to ride the 7.5 back, but the dropper started sinking and I didn't feel like doing maintenance on a factory demo bike so I caught a ride.

Really excited for all the new trails, climbs, and long days this bike will unlock. Also just being able to run local laps in half the time, or do it twice in the same time. They're running a 25% off manufacturer deal on these but still very steep price.

ETA- The whole demo ride was in boost mode which is the highest power amplification. It has so much torque I actually broke the chain starting off in the wrong gear. Ripped it right open and not even at the master link, just a random link.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:41:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetstar] [#25]
Didn't think I would ever..... But I did.

View Quote

So did I

Turbo Levo Comp alloy at a similar Black Friday type deal sale price  ---- cant wait for the rain to stop and trails to dry out to give it a go

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By streetstar:

So did I

Turbo Levo Comp alloy at a similar Black Friday type deal sale price  ---- cant wait for the rain to stop and trails to dry out to give it a go

https://i.imgur.com/bh7G9XC.jpg
View Quote
Great bike! The turbo levo looks awesome. A buddy of mine just swapped his levo SL for a turbo levo. The specialized motor/battery system is rated very well in everything I read. I like the XT build as well, the demo I rode had AXS electronic shifting and I think that's a big contributor to breaking chains by being too easy to shift at the wrong time.

Still haven't had my new ride out, I need to find a spray bottle to mix the concentrate for the ridewrap protection film that arrived. I'll have it dialed soon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Great bike! The turbo levo looks awesome. A buddy of mine just swapped his levo SL for a turbo levo. The specialized motor/battery system is rated very well in everything I read. I like the XT build as well, the demo I rode had AXS electronic shifting and I think that's a big contributor to breaking chains by being too easy to shift at the wrong time.

Still haven't had my new ride out, I need to find a spray bottle to mix the concentrate for the ridewrap protection film that arrived. I'll have it dialed soon.
View Quote

Thank you !   I hope i can find out soon enough

In the meantime, I've got to dial this one in too   -- while waiting for the trails to dry out, i plan to convert to tubeless,  re-route the brakehoses (i've been running my brakes moto style for 30 years - too late to go back now) and swap the trigger shifter for a Gripshift unit (another long term personal preference thing) ---

And , while i didnt do it on my last MTB build , - i may do a wrap on this one to protect the paint

I'm crossing my fingers those SRAM brakes will be okay -  its really the only part i worry about.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Mission accomplished. eMTB is an incredible force multiplier

Double summits today. I've ridden both before, individually. Never would have thought it possible for me to bag both in one lap. I rode the entirety in "trail" mode which is 50% power. Finished the ride with about half battery remaining. Next time I'll try some in "boost" mode which is 100% power. Apparently didn't learn my lesson about starting off in the wrong gear as I broke another link I weigh ~250, still building confidence in the 720wh battery, still need some confidence in the brakes. This thing really wants to charge downhill but I haven't sent it. My trail bike is 130mm travel and the Heckler feels great with 155mm. Never realized the beating I was taking on the chunky stuff.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#29]
The chain isn't breaking because of power, it's breaking because your changing gears while cranking. My 160lb ass can do that without a motor.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
The chain isn't breaking because of power, it's breaking because your changing gears while cranking. My 160lb ass can do that without a motor.

View Quote

Wasn't changing gears in either case. Maybe the AXS demo bike chain was fatigued due to abuse, but mine was new.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Since i purchased this rig, i have been on an aggressive work schedule, plus its been raining here in Oklahoma most days but was able to get it out yesterday.  

I should have went to the dark side last year when i built my Yeti "down country" bike --- live and learn - Yeti is going up for sale.    Only wish i could move the sweet Enve wheelset over to this rig, but the mullet setup makes that an issue.

Before the first ride i converted to tubeless (bike came with the valve stems )  , swapped the brakes to moto style and swapped the SRAM trigger for a Grip Shift unit  (which matches the setup on all my "acoustic" bikes)

My takeaways -- on this particular trail -- not that much faster -- but that said, was able to clean some climbs i had formerly had to walk .  

Stayed out about 45 minutes longer than i usually do also as most of my rides are short n sweet.      Garmin says i burned over 1k calories , since Garmin mostly calculates on HR data i think , i'll take it -- as average heart rate hovered around 140 - which is what i average on a regular ride.   I love it - just need to sort out the suspension as i am getting a ton of pedal strikes

----- Game changer for me ---  

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Double summits today. I've ridden both before, individually. Never would have thought it possible for me to bag both in one lap. I rode the entirety in "trail" mode which is 50% power. Finished the ride with about half battery remaining. Next time I'll try some in "boost" mode which is 100% power. Apparently didn't learn my lesson about starting off in the wrong gear as I broke another link I weigh ~250, still building confidence in the 720wh battery, still need some confidence in the brakes. This thing really wants to charge downhill but I haven't sent it. My trail bike is 130mm travel and the Heckler feels great with 155mm. Never realized the beating I was taking on the chunky stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/USfWPv1.png
https://i.imgur.com/4K4Cihk.png
View Quote

Morro bay?     ---     lucky   -   I bought my first Santa Cruz at Cambria Bicycle Outfitters in '06 - a Superlight

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#33]

https://i.imgur.com/USfWPv1.png
https://i.imgur.com/4K4Cihk.png
View Quote

Not sure how you have it set up, but you can switch the ride to emtb to avoid all the strava racers getting butthurt about you beating their times.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By tstone:

Not sure how you have it set up, but you can switch the ride to emtb to avoid all the strava racers getting butthurt about you beating their times.
View Quote
Thanks. There is a setting on the strava website. I do have everything set to private so not even sure I show up on the leaderboards but if so, I'm certainly not fast enough to be notable even with a motor

Planning another ride tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tstone:

View Quote

I'm on Strava, but sadly, -- the conventional bike riders are still in no danger from me of being usurped by my efforts
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Took my Kenevo out on it’s first ride today out in the snow.   Nice bike, just need to make a few adjustments to the seat and lever positions.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cchurchi:
Took my Kenevo out on it's first ride today out in the snow.   Nice bike, just need to make a few adjustments to the seat and lever positions.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/C1402366-9559-4240-AAAC-62ABE5AD6544_jpe-2640440.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/340C0E9F-0739-435C-A494-78FB826A2B27_jpe-2640443.JPG
View Quote
Wow, that thing is a beefcake with 180mm travel and double crown fork. Looks cold too

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#38]

New E-Bike getting some shop time to get the setup dialled .   Winter time lameness and long work schedule made me throw some coin at exterior illumination.   Went with a Light & Motion Enduro 2500 -- stock bars were fine but i've been running Renthal for years on my analog bikes and the bend and rise fit me well  (but honestly - the only reason for the cockpit upgrade was because i like the way they look ),  --

The seat is a controversial choice for me .  I really like the Specialized Power series of saddles for most uses, but i want this bike ready to go in street clothes anytime i want , and my SE 29" BMX cruiser is good for hours of doodle-bugging around wearing khakis , so isourced another SE padded seat.

LAstly , and fitting with the philosophy of being ready for casual rides at a moments notice -- i have resigned myself to using platforms, but the old crusty ones i had on there just wouldnt do on a nice new bike, so if im stuck with platforms, may as well use the best i can find, so a set of Saints went on

battery pack is on the charger now, but its getting rolloed out soon

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#39]
This is turning into a moped thread.

Attachment Attached File

No motor here. Except the on in the axs derailleur.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetstar] [#40]
This is turning into a moped thread.

View Quote

My average HR from my last 2 rides would suggest otherwise    -- but good looking scoot, my man  (even though the flat pedals and pie plate cassette still connotate images of soft kindness on an acoustic bike )
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:09:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: streetstar] [#41]
Still loving "Levo life" .   Night riding in tight singletrack officially sucks though.   I'm still going to do it, as it might be my only way to get in rides during the week for a while ---  

Would like to find a better way to tuck up that headlamp battery than just velcro'ing it to the top tube  and tie wrapping it inside the bottle cage lets it flop a lot.  --    LOL, my "Pro Max" size iphone holder was ejected, phone and all , into the weeds after a slow speed over the bars incident

Love seeing the critters out at dusk though !

Have enough rides in to re-condition my backside so its almost time to lose that BMX cruiser sofa seat

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I’ve been using a couple Dinotte light kits and a couple Nitecore BR35’s.  It’s around 7800 lumens on max output, but I usually use around 5000 lumens or I loan out 1 BR35 and 1 of the Dinotte’s to a friend.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ve been using a couple Dinotte light kits and a couple Nitecore BR35’s.  It’s around 7800 lumens on max output, but I usually use around 5000 lumens or I loan out 1 BR35 and 1 of the Dinotte’s to a friend.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/D2D36FF9-BE1F-42AB-901E-655D2D7793CA_jpe-2666394.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/F689133C-3885-43D0-BBA6-1D6E50AC929C_jpe-2666395.JPG
View Quote

holy shit, thats awesome.

have you tried mounting some high and some low on the bar to reduce the shadows?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve been using a couple Dinotte light kits and a couple Nitecore BR35’s.  It’s around 7800 lumens on max output, but I usually use around 5000 lumens or I loan out 1 BR35 and 1 of the Dinotte’s to a friend.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/D2D36FF9-BE1F-42AB-901E-655D2D7793CA_jpe-2666394.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/F689133C-3885-43D0-BBA6-1D6E50AC929C_jpe-2666395.JPG
View Quote

It looks like you are ready for the Baja 500!

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#46]

holy shit, thats awesome.

have you tried mounting some high and some low on the bar to reduce the shadows?
View Quote

These lights have a great mix of throw and flood, so no shadows, but i did end up rotating the lights on the side outward for better cornering visibility.   I've tried mounting the Dinotte's on my helmet but i hated it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:24:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#48]
Just ordered a set of vittoria syerras for the evil.

I blew out the rear tire, again. My last maxxis tires as long as I have a choice.

Decided on the syerra since this bike doesn't see the gnarly stuff and I'm going to do an endurance race on it in April I figure something easier rolling than dhf/dhr is in order.

Don't even know how this one died, it just got a split in the sidewall. I figured they were caca from the start they were seeping sealant through the sidewalls.

Edit: post ride review.

Great tires. Way faster rolling.  Corning is still all there, maybe even a better transition to the sidewall nubbs.

I really thought they were gonna give up a lot of traction.. but honestly the only place I noticed any was during high speed braking. It gave up just a bit.

As for durability.  I'm pretty sure I nailed the same rock that pooched a DHR last week.. no damage at all.

The lower weight is very noticeable especially climbing with a turn.

They feel very precise.  

Running 23f 25r.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#50]
Things finally dried out enough on my local trails that I'm getting some weekday rides in.  Rode Monday and yesterday.  And I think this bike has gotten faster since the upgrades I added recently.  Can you spot it?

Page / 6
Top Top