Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2023 3:31:15 PM EDT
Hey guys, got a helmet from my grandfather's stash after he passed away a few years ago.  It's been sitting on a shelf in my basement and I'm trying to find some info on it.  I'm assuming it's German due to the shape but I'm looking for any info ( dates, country, etc ).   Thanks guys.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Spanish Modelo Z
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By svt40:
Spanish Modelo Z
View Quote

Htf did you recognize that so fast? Lmao.   I appreciate it.   Sad it's not a WW2 German helmet though.     Any idea on year?   Or is that impossible to say ?
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:

Htf did you recognize that so fast? Lmao.   I appreciate it.   Sad it's not a WW2 German helmet though.     Any idea on year?   Or is that impossible to say ?
View Quote

They were used from 1942 all the way into the 1980's.  A bunch of them came to the US as surplus in the early 90's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 7:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GMK] [#4]
You can recognize the Spanish model by the helmet liner, chin strap and the tell tail item is the bracket on the front that held a Spanish metal eagle crest. You can still locate them.  They are not that expensive. Look on Ebay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top