Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2024 12:09:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26]
My brother in law sent me this link

It would be cool in my office - I need real opinions

I presume the seal would have to be impeccable…
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat concept, but not very useful. You’d get more space in a really nice desktop humidor for similar $$$ and still have the same maintenance.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#3]
Damn okay
I’ve got a decent little humidor but it sits on a stupid shelf
My brother in law has a full basement bar, couple hundred square feet
He was also looking at like $3k ones. Neither of us need more than 1-200 sticks - capacity is of no concern to either of us

We’re both in Uber dry Colorado so it would really need to retain humidity well

Humor me - would it actually work/be okay?
Forget the value piece for a second
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigFatDog] [#4]

I have a 6’ tall converted wine fridge. I had to convert mine. They sell them ready made on Amazon now. I deal with gulf coast humidity, the opposite end of your issue. I have to dehumidify my humidor, as crazy as that sounds. The fridge seals that well.

It all comes down to how much space you can commit. I’m converting a garage at my country place into a bar later this summer. I plan on moving my big humidor out there and getting one of small “fridge” types for in town. I’d recommend the same (small fridge) for you. They are even cheaper than the thing you posted. Not as cool looking though.

What I’m talking about…
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By intheburbs:

If it's well-designed, the mounting flange(s) would be separate from the humidor box/door, so no matter how it's mounted, barring something massively out of square, the tightness of the door seal wouldn't be impacted. It's not immediately apparent from the limited pics that that's the case here. Ideally, it's essentially a two-piece unit - the mounting frame/flanges, and then the separate humidor box.

When I took the plunge on a serious humidor, it was very difficult separating good from bad.  High price does not necessarily equal high quality.  Hard to tell if you're paying for quality or just a bunch of markups on Chinesium shit.
View Quote

Good info
Thank you for the reply
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigFatDog] [#7]
How is the maintenance on what you are using now?

ETA: and how does it seal?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#8]
None of those doors seem to hang perfectly on their hinge, look at the gap on top of the door, the upper right corner. Not  being able to square those up, at least for sample units, has  me concerned.

Which  wall are you placing it in, because now you're dealing with the heat/cold/humidity in that wall, as well as the room temps.  what variables exist in that  wall?  HVAC ducts, sun on an outside wall, all of which could impact temps?   Things like that, not to  mention that a contractor friend of mine rips out walls and finds dead critters all the time.

The Govee is a $15 hygrometer and works well

But most glaring is, how does  the door seal? The lack of details and poor grammar are enough for me to pass.

Look at the Needone Thermoelectric fridge on Amazon. You can buy spare cedar shelves as well.  Gets good reviews and if I expand from Rubbermaid Brilliance or Coolidor, that's what I might consider.  Like you, I'm looking  for something a bit classier to store any cigars

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one on order from Harland Brown. That was six months ago. If it ever shows up I'll let you know how it works.

This one
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigFatDog] [#10]
Originally Posted By RSM03:
I have one on order from Harland Brown. That was six months ago. If it ever shows up I'll let you know how it works.

This one
View Quote

I like the design of that a lot.

ETA: Are you one of the “this guy is a scam no response for 2 months” reviews?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:51:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RSM03] [#11]
Originally Posted By BigFatDog:

I like the design of that a lot.

ETA: Are you one of the “this guy is a scam no response for 2 months” reviews?
View Quote

Nah, I’m still hanging Sheetrock in the basement, no real rush.  I’m the guy that drops a pile of parts off at the gunsmith and says call me when it’s done. I’m used to waiting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top