Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 2:10:35 PM EDT
Anyone have any opinions/suggestions on ceiling paint before I run out and buy whatever looks good at the local ACE?

Have a couple of small bathrooms to do in the short term, then a good-sized living room.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a home depot by you the Baer brand paint is good for cutting and rolling.
The stuff at ace is really good paint but damn expensive.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKaltwasser] [#2]
Originally Posted By cmw:
Anyone have any opinions/suggestions on ceiling paint before I run out and buy whatever looks good at the local ACE?

Have a couple of small bathrooms to do in the short term, then a good-sized living room.

View Quote

I use Behr Ultra ceiling quite a bit.  The Premium Plus is okay if you already have it white primed really well. The Marquee in white won't be worth in my opinion as far cost unless you're coloring the paint and not just ceiling white; then it's worth it.

Benjamin Moore Ace paint is over primed for most of their stuff. Gonna miss Kelley Moore paints for sure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Paint it blue so you feel like you're shitting outside.

J/K, Something made for the high humidity if the are small bathrooms
with a shower.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nophun:
Paint it blue so you feel like you're shitting outside.

J/K, Something made for the high humidity if the are small bathrooms
with a shower.
View Quote

My wife is all about colored ceilings in other rooms - not even going to mention it for the bath.

Thanks for the suggestions all.  Figure to have the anti-mildew additive mixed in while I'm at it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I just painted all of my ceilings, 1850 sq ft.
Used Sherwin Williams flat white ceiling paint.

Trimmed with 4” long 1” diameter roller and trim brush. Then hit the big rooms with 18” roller. 12” in bedrooms.

Big fan of white ceilings as opposed to color matched to walls. Especially if you have lower, 8’ walls.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are trying to match existing ceiling color, I've found white looks different from different brands.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Home Depot sells a Behr brand ceiling paint that I have used in two houses in the last year and I think it looks good.  

I agree a white ceiling is the only way to go. Makes the rooms feel bigger and also makes them feel lighter.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Ceiling paint is the only cheap paint I'll use...for ceilings.

Walls and trim is a different topic.

But typically ill get a name brand sherwin williams or Ben Moore flat ceiling paint because of discounts, but I dont get anything special unless I'm doing a special ceiling project.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bondryan:
Home Depot sells a Behr brand ceiling paint that I have used in two houses in the last year and I think it looks good.  

I agree a white ceiling is the only way to go. Makes the rooms feel bigger and also makes them feel lighter.
View Quote

x3 - Behr Ultra is a good paint IME including their ceiling stuff.  They have like 6 levels of Behr paint now but Ultra is the best value.  The iSeries is shit & Marquee (or whatever) & up are almost like painting with mayonnaise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top