Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2024 6:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jkees]
Well just when I decide I should get around to posting my ornamental work I take a look and the old thread is archived. So here are some of my favorite works.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Would love to see what projects y’all have done too!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
This is ornamental and structural…..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s all really great looking.  I especially like the rail in the first two pics. Haven’t seen anything similar to that before.  What would a railing like that cost to have made and installed?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jkees] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wags:
That’s all really great looking.  I especially like the rail in the first two pics. Haven’t seen anything similar to that before.  What would a railing like that cost to have made and installed?
View Quote

I loved doing that one too, the design was pretty damn neat.
I cant exactly speak to what the cost would be as I was just working as a fabricator for a custom ornamental company, but if I had to guess the customer was probably charged north of 30,000. (And thats just the stair railings, we did other stuff on the house too)
It was alot of man hours and know how to do spirals like that, plus the top handrail was a wood cap done by a subcontractor and I had to match the warpiness of the wood so it didnt look off lol.
Attachment Attached File

Each one of those hoops on pitch had to be their own size to keep them plumb so each one was made custom to their position.
Then they also have holes drilled in the side and some orbs got thrown in between them.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Doorman63:
This is ornamental and structural…..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/469047/IMG_7867_jpeg-3105214.JPG
View Quote

But most importantly its good enough for what its for!
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Fantastic work!  

I’ve done a couple balcony railings that were completely straight and I was worried about the fit up once they were completed.  Getting those curves right is a work of art.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tinysd:
 Getting those curves right is a work of art.
View Quote

Not too bad when you get good at CAD....

Cardboard Aided Drafting...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top