Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 8:15:26 AM EDT
I am building a pretty elaborate outdoor kitchen.  Built in Blackstone Griddle, built in gas grill, area for a smoker and charcoal grill, full size refrigerator, sink, plenty of cabinet and counter space, eating area, and it is covered. It will also be used for sausage making.  I want to keep my large amount of spices and seasonings out there however in the past with my smaller outdoor cooking area if i left the seasonings outside even sealed and in a storage container, they still seemed to cake up pretty easily after even a few days.

Has anyone else ran into this dilemma and has anyone found a solution?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:43:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#2]
Wooden tool box like kids make in shop class.  Bring the box of spice inside to protect them.  

I know my spice containers never seal all that well.  Either the paper foil leaves hard to get off bits on the rim making a good seal impossible or the lid has shaker holes and a snap lid that get poor over time.

Edit, short of using an old fridge that isn’t running but has a good seal I don’t think you can avoid the changing temps from day to night cycles from putting moisture in the bottles.   That might be a bit too ghetto for your nice party area, one might try hiding it or making it more fitting by encasing it in wood like the counters.

Perhaps a small yeti clone cooler that seals well and put in a cabinet will suffice.   You need to protect from temp changes to aid in preventing the humidity from attacking your stores.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You want's something air tight.

I got some of those cool mini Dutch ovens to put my Salt, Pepper, Garlic in and the next time I went out to use it it was hard as a rock.

Also let's see some pictures.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By callmestick:
You want's something air tight.

I got some of those cool mini Dutch ovens to put my Salt, Pepper, Garlic in and the next time I went out to use it it was hard as a rock.

Also let's see some pictures.
View Quote

I should have read the entire post first.  Silly me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I bring everything inside .
One of those large tool totes can make your cook much easier. Pack it with everything you will need for your cook .  Reduces your WOS significantly.

WOS= walk of shame.

Having to go back into the kitchen because you forgot something .
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By garyd:
I am building a pretty elaborate outdoor kitchen.  Built in Blackstone Griddle, built in gas grill, area for a smoker and charcoal grill, full size refrigerator, sink, plenty of cabinet and counter space, eating area, and it is covered. It will also be used for sausage making.  I want to keep my large amount of spices and seasonings out there however in the past with my smaller outdoor cooking area if i left the seasonings outside even sealed and in a storage container, they still seemed to cake up pretty easily after even a few days.

Has anyone else ran into this dilemma and has anyone found a solution?
View Quote
For camping we have a bundle of spices that are in the original containers, in a tupperware container. Some have caked up over the years, but most haven't.

Another idea might be to put a moisture absorber in the container you store the spices in.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for some of the suggestions.  A small not running refrigerator actually sounds like an idea I could work with.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I still have a lot of work to do.

Attachment Attached File

So far I have got some great deals on items.  The 6x6 posts were free, the granite countertops, the tile, and the barn wood was free.  I paid $139 for the roofing on clearance. Paid 90 for the stainless farm sink.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By garyd:
I still have a lot of work to do.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34111/0406241936_jpg-3183843.JPG

So far I have got some great deals on items.  The 6x6 posts were free, the granite countertops, the tile, and the barn wood was free.  I paid $139 for the roofing on clearance. Paid 90 for the stainless farm sink.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34111/0406241936a_jpg-3183844.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34111/0406241937_jpg-3183845.JPG
View Quote

Sweeeet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top