Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2024 9:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurchAddams]
The market for oral contraception is being turned upside-down as Perrigo has begun shipping Opill to thousands of retail stores nationwide, to be sold as the first over-the-counter birth control pill in the U.S.
The FDA approved Opill July 2023 as an OTC birth control option.

https://www.biospace.com/article/birth-control-market-evolves-as-otc-opill-hits-us-stores/
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it age restricted?

I'm fine with OTC preventative. I'd not be ok with my under age kid taking any drug with out me knowing about it
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:58:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#3]
Nothing wrong with the world wide decline in birth rates except in Muslim countries that are in an increase. Move along.

Satan is at work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the minipill, no estrogen. It's what breastfeeding mothers use.

Estrogen prevents an egg being released. Miss a day, not a big oops. The otc one thickens cervical mucus and the lining. Miss a pill and you can get a big Oops. Better than nothing I guess.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I presume this is the one I saw at my local Costco yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a very good thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
are there any disadvantages to getting a vasectomy instead?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By delemorte:
Is it age restricted?
View Quote

No, per Google.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
View Quote

Someone uses a scalpel on my balls.

As someone going on purely secondhand information, that seems like a rather big disadvantage.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

A vasectomy doesn’t prevent any woman from getting pregnant. It just changes the color of the baby.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H2D6WUA?tag=arfcom00-20

"You can find Plan B yourself in the Family Planning aisle at all major retail stores. There is no prescription or ID required to purchase Plan B in any U.S. state, and there is no age restriction.

-----------------

In the meantime,.. apart from closing their thighs,..they could utilize this which has been around
for a while.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Since this would prevent abortions I’m sure there will be no opposition to this from anti abortion folks.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

Estrogen prevents an egg being released. Miss a day, not a big oops. The otc one thickens cervical mucus and the lining. Miss a pill and you can get a big Oops. Better than nothing I guess.
View Quote
This is a really important comment. The minipill is much less tolerant of missing pills. Women should really take it at the same time every day. There's very little room for error on this one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Sartorius:
This is a really important comment. The minipill is much less tolerant of missing pills. Women should really take it at the same time every day. There's very little room for error on this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sartorius:

Yep
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Emeoba69:
Since this would prevent abortions I’m sure there will be no opposition to this from anti abortion folks.  
View Quote

Somehow, some way, after medical improvements that make pregnancies endangering the mothers life rare, endless debates and lawsuits over sex education in schools, and widespread inexpensive contraceptives, abortion rights supporters still lose their minds over any restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I can remember when the pill came out. I was a little kid but even then I knew big changes were coming.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sslocal:
I can remember when the pill came out. I was a little kid but even then I knew big changes were coming.
View Quote
Damn.  When I was a little kid I just cared about tree forts and Nintendo.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#20]
The left will still be pissed because it is not free.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Of course there’s no estrogen in it.

If there were OTC estrogen it would be impossible to keep in stock because troons would be buying it all up to snort in between taking shots of estrogen smoothies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
View Quote

Should it be, though? Why shouldn't we put buckets of these and condoms in every high school if it might help reduce unwanted pregnancy and abortion? If my tax dollars are going to support welfare babies, maybe they'd be betters spent providing free and widely accessible birth control such as this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Good.

Less tards having kids is a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Then make it free.

It’s a micro-exspense compared to the cost of the alternative.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
The market for oral contraception is being turned upside-down as Perrigo has begun shipping Opill to thousands of retail stores nationwide, to be sold as the first over-the-counter birth control pill in the U.S.
The FDA approved Opill July 2023 as an OTC birth control option.

https://www.biospace.com/article/birth-control-market-evolves-as-otc-opill-hits-us-stores/
View Quote
Im sure there will be zero problems with over the counter hormones...
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:53:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:

Should it be, though? Why shouldn't we put buckets of these and condoms in every high school if it might help reduce unwanted pregnancy and abortion? If my tax dollars are going to support welfare babies, maybe they'd be betters spent providing free and widely accessible birth control such as this?
View Quote
Because women are continuously having problems pop up because of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Would not work.  Not when more kids = more welfare money from the state.  

Cut off the welfare $$$ faucet, and supply free pills, maybe you got something happening…
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Would not work.  Not when more kids = more welfare money from the state.  

Cut off the welfare $$$ faucet, and supply free pills, maybe you got something happening
View Quote

Yeah that's def part of the problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:58:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#29]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:12:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighDesert6920] [#30]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:38:53 AM EDT
[#31]
And bitches will still be having multiple babies by different baby daddies. Ain't got no time for birth control. It's much easier to kill your babies when you get knocked up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:39:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

A vasectomy doesn’t prevent any woman from getting pregnant. It just changes the color of the baby.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:02:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#33]
Originally Posted By Meat-Hook:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71t100mNcUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

"You can find Plan B yourself in the Family Planning aisle at all major retail stores. There is no prescription or ID required to purchase Plan B in any U.S. state, and there is no age restriction.

-----------------

In the meantime,.. apart from closing their thighs,..they could utilize this which has been around
for a while.
View Quote

One is an emergency contraceptive, the other is a daily birth control pill.

Plan B is if you're not on regular birth control and it's an emergency prevention after the fact.

Like if a condom broke, you got drugged/raped, or you got caught up in the moment and had unprotected sex.

I know a lot of people here think these situations only happen to "sluts" but you would be shocked at what happens to younger women.

One night I was hanging with college girls and I accidentally got roofied/drugged because some frat boy drugged the wrong beer glass.

This pill is a daily use pill like a normal contraceptive. It alters your hormones/chemistry so you can't have kids.  

So if you're in a monogamous relationship, this type of contraceptive will give you peace of mind.

Like taking a daily medication for an anxiety issue rather than a one-time pill only after experiencing an attack.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:03:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

One night I was hanging with college girls and I accidentally got roofied/drugged because some frat boy drugged the wrong beer glass.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
Originally Posted By Meat-Hook:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71t100mNcUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

-----------------

for a while.

So did you score?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#35]
You can buy this shit over the counter now, but you can't buy dick pills!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
Nothing wrong with the world wide decline in birth rates except in Muslim countries that are in an increase. Move along.

Satan is at work.
View Quote

This. It’ll lead to nothing but continued moral decay and declining populations in the West.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Constant “just kicked in the sack” pain for the rest of your life if the doc fucks up. It’s not an insignificant percentage, think it’s around 5%, IIRC. Also happens if you ignore the doc and refuse to sit on your ass with frozen peas for the entire recovery period. There’s also a chance that the operation reverses itself, that’s happened a few times.

It’s a much more permanent solution that sometimes can’t be reversed if you change your mind, or if the spank bank loses the jizz you had frozen.

IUD is a temporary solution that lasts a few years, hormonal and non. There’s also a hormonal chip implant that goes in the arm that lasts a few years, provided she doesn’t have issues with that type of BC.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Good. This is a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:32:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Good
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#40]
i need a box on hand and will be making all my dates breakfast the next morning.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:35:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#41]
Won't do a thing for us.
The people in our country breeding indiscriminately aren't going to take it.
You could go door to door, handing it out for free... they wouldn't take it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Satan is at work.
View Quote

everythingisfine.jpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#43]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
Nothing wrong with the world wide decline in birth rates except in Muslim countries that are in an increase. Move along.Satan is at work.
View Quote

everythingisfine.jpg
View Quote
I'm wearing that exact T-shirt (the guy on fire) as I'm sitting here, having my morning coffee and reading your post.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#44]

A vasectomy doesn't prevent any woman from getting pregnant. It just changes the color of the baby.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Over-the-counter birth control is my punk rock band name
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#46]

A vasectomy doesn't prevent any woman from getting pregnant. It just changes the color of the baby.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sslocal:
View Quote

Same here.  When I asked my parents, they said: "Uhh... You'll figure it out when you're older."
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Everybody loves a creampie.

Attention, Ladies: Semen Is an Antidepressant
View Quote

Is it wrong to blow a load and then ask, "Are you happy now?"
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

OOF!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
Is it age restricted?

I'm fine with OTC preventative. I'd not be ok with my under age kid taking any drug with out me knowing about it
View Quote

That's a parenting issue not a governmental one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top