BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gator96:
I can buy an SXP Defender for $329.  How much lower can the price point go?
View Quote

I've been buying State Patrol trade-in Wingmasters fir $185.

Still interested at the right price.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shack357:

View Quote

Lol link?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it use the 870’s ejector? Hard pass if so.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I want a short semi-auto.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thenning:
I want a shorty option.

This.
I WOULD LOVE A PSA TAC13!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mini14jac:

This.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mini14jac:
I want a shorty option.

This.

Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Make mine an under folding stock, please.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Lol link?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Lol link?

They sold the last one a couple weeks ago. IA State Patrol dumped their shotguns and got rifles. Buddy of mine let me know when public sales opened up(lots went to either the individual troopers or to small town departments). I wound up getting a very nice gloss blued police magnum for $299 and 3 wingmasters for $185(gave 2 as gifts).

My brother bought a wingmaster too, traded me the wood furniture to put on my 12" SBS.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]

I want a non magpul furniture option.
View All Quotes
I want a shorty option.

I want a nice, highly figured Walnut stock. Smooth rear with a good comb, and a rounded and ribbed pump handle up front, the way old police shotgun stocks were made. That ribbed front stock makes it impossible for your hand to slip off of it, and even better if its got a strap on it. Best fore grip I ever had on a shotgun was like that. The smooth ones are prettier, but the ribbed, combat / police ones stick to your hand like glue, and that's something you need in a fighting shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Redman556:

I want a nice, highly figured Walnut stock. Smooth rear with a good comb, and a rounded and ribbed pump handle up front, the way old police shotgun stocks were made. That ribbed front stock makes it impossible for your hand to slip off of it, and even better if its got a strap on it. Best fore grip I ever had on a shotgun was like that. The smooth ones are prettier, but the ribbed, combat / police ones stick to your hand like glue, and that's something you need in a fighting shotgun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thenning:  I want a shorty option.

So, like Mossberg already offers?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View All Quotes

Like a lot of shotguns offer. One more won't hurt, and if you put your thinking cap on, PSA will be giving those buyers another option, which will lead to PSA encroaching on another part of the shotgun market. It's all about growth models when offering a product that is already made by other companies. You must compete in the segments the others are competing in. You can't compete unless you compete in all aspects. You can't allow them to corner a part of the market simply because you don't offer a product. You must offer a product in that realm.

Jamin, make one in a standard size, 18" barrel, call it the PSA Sheriff.
Make a second model in a 13" barrel, call it The PSA Deputy.

You wouldn't have to make the wood stocks. There are a lot of good companies out there that make the stocks, all you'd need is to specify to them what you want on the stocks. When they come in, you guys install them on the shotguns you allocate for those models, and order extras for sale to the public in case someone gets the urge to configure theirs that way.

They'll sell.

You'll have plenty for folks that want plastic stocks, tactical versions etc, but you have to compete in all the various pump shotgun markets.

And, you can of course, make an attempt to get Law Enforcement sales in the Carolina's, by offering them those traditional wood stocked models and the polymer stocked models, both length's, just tricked out different ways to appeal to both sides of the market. After the Carolina's, the world.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Like a lot of shotguns offer. One more won't hurt, and if you put your thinking cap on, PSA will be giving those buyers another option, which will lead to PSA encroaching on another part of the shotgun market. It's all about growth models when offering a product that is already made by other companies. You must compete in the segments the others are competing in. You can't compete unless you compete in all aspects. You can't allow them to corner a part of the market simply because you don't offer a product. You must offer a product in that realm.

You wouldn't have to make the wood stocks. There are a lot of good companies out there that make the stocks, all you'd need is to specify to them what you want on the stocks. When they come in, you guys install them on the shotguns you allocate for those models, and order extras for sale to the public in case someone gets the urge to configure theirs that way.

They'll sell.

You'll have plenty for folks that want plastic stocks, tactical versions etc, but you have to compete in all the various pump shotgun markets.

And, you can of course, make an attempt to get Law Enforcement sales in the Carolina's, by offering them those traditional wood stocked models and the polymer stocked models, both length's, just tricked out different ways to appeal to both sides of the market. After the Carolina's, the world.
View All Quotes

They'll sell.

I would point out that Toyota has been very successful in the light truck market, but has never offered a Diesel in the United States.  PSA can choose to compete how they like, likely the most profitable sectors, without duplicating every single model the competition offers.  They could choose to skip any wood offerings and leave those to Rem Arms & Mossberg, and still be very successful.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#12]

I would point out that Toyota has been very successful in the light truck market, but has never offered a Diesel in the United States.  PSA can choose to compete how they like, likely the most profitable sectors, without duplicating every single model the competition offers.  They could choose to skip any wood offerings and leave those to Rem Arms & Mossberg, and still be very successful.
View All Quotes

They'll sell.

They could, but they would sell a lot of the wood stocked models. Personally , I believe they're leaving easy money on the table if they don't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]
In addition to Nitride finish + PSA #1 Buckshot, I'd love to see the option of a 18" Vent Rib barrel.

Similar to this VangComp offering.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Does it use the 870’s ejector? Hard pass if so.
View Quote

Hopefully it'll be mounted in the barrel extension like you typically see on Italian shotguns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#15]

They could, but they would sell a lot of the wood stocked models. Personally , I believe they're leaving easy money on the table if they don't.
View All Quotes

They'll sell.

Especially if it takes 870 stocks. Buy stock from any of several suppliers and price accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I will buy the shit out of an AOW one. the $5 stamp is the only one I don't have that I'm interested in
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gator96:
I can buy an SXP Defender for $329.  How much lower can the price point go?

Link? Have y seen anything like that in YEARS
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#18]

They sold the last one a couple weeks ago. IA State Patrol dumped their shotguns and got rifles. Buddy of mine let me know when public sales opened up(lots went to either the individual troopers or to small town departments). I wound up getting a very nice gloss blued police magnum for $299 and 3 wingmasters for $185(gave 2 as gifts).

My brother bought a wingmaster too, traded me the wood furniture to put on my 12" SBS.
View Quote

Damn, that's a steal. Tough to beat (unless it's free like my last wingmaster was )
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
In addition to Nitride finish + PSA #1 Buckshot, I'd love to see the option of a 18" Vent Rib barrel.

https://vangcomp.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/865W18-thumb.jpg
View Quote

ABSOLUTELY THIS.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
I will buy the shit out of an AOW one. the $5 stamp is the only one I don't have that I'm interested in
View Quote

Doubt PSA will do them. I don’t think I’ve seen any NFA stuff from them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I want a shockwave-style one
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Doubt PSA will do them. I don't think I've seen any NFA stuff from them.
View All Quotes

if they sell the receiver without a stock, it can be stamped very easily
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CFletch:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:

Yup that’s why I mentioned shops buying them earlier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SnowMexican:

Hopefully it'll be mounted in the barrel extension like you typically see on Italian shotguns.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-: Does it use the 870’s ejector? Hard pass if so.

That would mean a proprietary barrel which would kill the project.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Do they come with wood furniture?
View Quote
You can buy them a piece at a time, and put whatever the hell you want on them instead of buying an entire gun and swapping parts out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ClusterNukes:

I'm happy with my FN/Browning Auto Five, but thanks!

View Quote
I bet you have a gold pocket watch you make a point of checking the time on whenever you're around an audience.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

https://vangcomp.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/865W18-thumb.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-: Does it use the 870’s ejector? Hard pass if so.

Do these use existing barrels?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:10:23 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I believe the whole point of this project is a 500/870 mashup.  If it doesn't use existing barrels and furniture, what's the point?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#30]

I believe the whole point of this project is a 500/870 mashup.  If it doesn't use existing barrels and furniture, what's the point?
View All Quotes

I took their name to mean they borrowed features from each of them. The point is to manufacturer their own gun in house like they do with all their other stuff. I don’t know much about this but the couple videos I saw I don’t remember them mentioning it using existing barrels but I have no idea.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#31]

I took their name to mean they borrowed features from each of them. The point is to manufacturer their own gun in house like they do with all their other stuff. I don’t know much about this but the couple videos I saw I don’t remember them mentioning it using existing barrels but I have no idea.
View All Quotes

It's not like we lack for cheap Chinese & Turkish pump shotguns on the 870/500 pattern already - but only the Hawk was 98% 870 compatible, and some of the Turk shotguns will run 870 stocks w/ an adapter.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bud:
That barrel clamp is enormous.

I wonder what the thought process is behind that.
View Quote

Will likely support a light rail/QD swivels like a Nordic Components clamp.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tsg68:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tsg68:
Originally Posted By Bud:
That barrel clamp is enormous.

I wonder what the thought process is behind that.

I would like to see a more slimmed down clamp as it does detract from the aesthetics / lines.

The Nordic clamp design looks both functional and a good bit less bulky; I'd like to see something like that.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Needs Buis that can be cowitnessed with the optic. Needs a sling mount that doesn't interfere with the pump, two point. Needs a left side mount for a flashlight, that can be actuated with a tailcap.

Needs to be able to take esstac shotgun cards, that are compatible with current carriers that have M4 pouches.

Vang comp barrel at 18 inches with a 00buck choke cut. Tight patterns at 50 yards.

Maybe an option for a pic rail instead of a pistol sight relief cut.

A barrel shroud that actually does what it should, because shotgun barrels get hot.

Is that good for starters?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:  Needs Buis that can be cowitnessed with the optic. Needs a sling mount that doesn't interfere with the pump, two point. Needs a left side mount for a flashlight, that can be actuated with a tailcap.

Needs to be able to take esstac shotgun cards, that are compatible with current carriers that have M4 pouches.

Vang comp barrel at 18 inches with a 00buck choke cut. Tight patterns at 50 yards.

Maybe an option for a pic rail instead of a pistol sight relief cut.

A barrel shroud that actually does what it should, because shotgun barrels get hot.

Is that good for starters?
View Quote

Your hand should be on the pump, unless you're using the bayonet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Your hand should be on the pump, unless you're using the bayonet.
View Quote

Well, thanks for that. But sometimes, you actually have to use your hand for other things.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

Well, thanks for that. But sometimes, you actually have to use your hand for other things.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Your hand should be on the pump, unless you're using the bayonet.

Loading the shotgun & fixing the bayonet, yes.  Touching the barrel long enough to burn your hand through your glove, not really - unless you're actually using the bayonet, in which case you need an actual heat shield, unlike 99% of shotguns.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Loading the shotgun & fixing the bayonet, yes.  Touching the barrel long enough to burn your hand through your glove, not really - unless you're actually using the bayonet, in which case you need an actual heat shield, unlike 99% of shotguns.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Your hand should be on the pump, unless you're using the bayonet.

Because you never do anything else except run the gun in full kit, and the weapon never goes to rest, or transitions to pistol, or anything else that might make you scream words some people might find offensive.

But thanks for your input. Really. Because no one has ever been burned by a hot shotgun barrel, except me. Which, is why, I might like a shroud, but hey, it is only a wishlist, and not some terrorist demands.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

All PSA needs to do is sell bare receivers without a stock or barrel.  I'm sure there'd be an SOT or two somewhere who would build up a few into AOWs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Wear on the mag tube from the slide?  Is the safety ambi?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

All PSA needs to do is sell bare receivers without a stock or barrel.  I'm sure there'd be an SOT or two somewhere who would build up a few into AOWs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Looking forward to it. Hope to see shorty options for the SBS and AOW guns.

AOW please

They've already said they will be selling receivers so that makes it easier for a shop to start with.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top