Patton's Death (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/25/2024 12:23:12 AM EDT
Vote, as is your democratic right. It's extremely important

So there seems to be three schools of thought:
1) Accident, not everything is a conspiracy
2) Irish booma bill o'reilly theory that the commies poisoned him or some variation thereof
3) The OSS got orders to knock him off (either from communist infiltrators or from good old home grown lib politicians)

So what happened with the poor man's assination conspiracy theory (JFK being the gold standard for blabbering about ofc)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Plain ol' accident
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to be sceptical about Patton's death, but now that will get me indicted here in AZ.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:33:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#3]
A former member of the OSS made a death bed confession to participating in Patton's murder

He was making a remarkable recovery then suddenly died.

The driver of the truck that hit his car, disappeared and was not on his supposed unit's morning reports..
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
A former member of the OSS made a death bed confession to participating in Patton's murder.
View Quote

Lots of death bed confessions out there, problem is motive and proof, or proving either way.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
A former member of the OSS made a death bed confession to participating in Patton's murder.
View Quote

I think deathbed confessions meants more in the early 20th century, before all the overhead cost/benefit calculations of modernity and profilicity

Not saying I don't buy what people say while dying in recent decades, but it is different with the invention of the Video Camera
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Slightly surprised to see us gubmint leading

Some guys go 180 full retard, anything against bad man
libruhl. They do deserve 87% of the hate, but it's not like liberalism didn't fix (at least for a time) some real issues

But is this a not talked about thang? (I.e yeah he got merc"d to stablize the world order, plz don't forward)
An open secret?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:

libruhl. They do deserve 87% of the hate, but it's not like liberalism didn't fix (at least for a time) some real issues

But is this a not talked about thang? (I.e yeah he got merc"d to stablize the world order, plz don't forward)
An open secret?
View Quote

LOL.... liberalism never fixed anything . It is the parasite that gave birth to the disease killing us now .
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gmtech:

LOL.... liberalism never fixed anything . It is the parasite that gave birth to the disease killing us now .
View Quote

I agree in part and disagree in part

No doubt it has totally wrecked broad streaks of functional society. In many ways.

You can't deny certain victories though

But back to the point, did libs/communists kill Patton and perhaps the rest of the old world off with him
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:41:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Blood and Guts

It's best for me just be a spectator in this thread, I am supposed to re-up by tomorrow here and I would like that opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#10]
My grandpa went to his funeral.  Never said anything about any conspiracy.  That's just nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:09:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
Blood and Guts

It's best for me just be a spectator in this thread, I am supposed to re-up by tomorrow here and I would like that opportunity.
View Quote

I've sprinted from sideline to sideline, old eyed mods checking to see if my foots been in, and coming down on the side of fair play, and have not been banned

For all the bitching about arf moderation, ime, it has been 87% fair

You got some insider Patton info??
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Does it matter?

If someone found incontrovertible evidence that some filthy communists killed him. Either in the State Department or a foreign government, what would it be besides a historical curiosity that someone might make a movie about someday? Everyone involved would either be dead or quickly labeled by the current regime as "too old to prosecute."
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#13]
Patton had some unorthodox views on both the Jews and the Germans that would make him "literally Hitler" if he lived today.

He also hated the Russians something fierce and wanted to push through from Berlin to Moscow.

If he was killed by the Government they most likely saw him as both too Hawkish and too popular domestically. A guy like that wouldn't be in favor of winding things down
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Does it matter?

If someone found incontrovertible evidence that some filthy communists killed him. Either in the State Department or a foreign government, what would it be besides a historical curiosity that someone might make a movie about someday? Everyone involved would either be dead or quickly labeled by the current regime as "too old to prosecute."
View Quote

It would matter for the post ww2 moral order that people will go to bat for

If they killed the anti communist to preserve decades of libtard policy that led us to where we are...
well that draws some lines, even if nothing can be made of them
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#15]
He was murdered because the powers that be couldn’t control him. It’s a shame because I think he would’ve made the world a much better place by crushing communism and at it’s weakest time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#16]

The U.S. should not have helped the commies in the first place. That was Great Britain's bitch to deal with.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:25:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rheinmetall792] [#17]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Does it matter?

View Quote

The Truth matters and should be known. Likewise for JFK and RFK. All three were shut down by the Deep State.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Patton discredited the Nuremberg Trial as a sham, rejected the Morgenthau Plan of reducing Germany's population by 40% through deindustrialization and starvation, diverged from the international narrative of WW2, openly disagreed with the foreign policy choice of the US government, sought a war against the largest allied power of the time, et cetera, and he probably would have ran against Truman in 1948.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:21:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:

An open secret?
View Quote
He got merced because he was wildly popular and wanted to roll on the soviets and our State Department was lousy with communists.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Yeremyahu:
Patton discredited the Nuremberg Trial as a sham, rejected the Morgenthau Plan of reducing Germany's population by 40% through deindustrialization and starvation, diverged from the international narrative of WW2, openly disagreed with the foreign policy choice of the US government, sought a war against the largest allied power of the time, et cetera, and he probably would have ran against Truman in 1948.
View Quote

Mostly this. He openly talked about reforming the wehrmacht, arming them with our ranks and then marching to Moscow.

We had all the equipment there and such but it was not a popular idea. Not sure what happened to him but it isn’t hard fetched to think he got whacked.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:He also hated the Russians something fierce and wanted to push through from Berlin to Moscow.
View Quote
#Pattonwasright
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Didn’t he live for a while after the accident and say himself the truck driver was innocent?

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#24]
People who think the US was even remotely in any position to possibly attack Soviet forces in Europe show that they know little to nothing about the actual military situation at the time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been to where he died multiple times. You'll never convince me it wasn't an assassination. WHO ordered it  is still the only question I have.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
Patton had some unorthodox views on both the Jews and the Germans that would make him "literally Hitler" if he lived today.

He also hated the Russians something fierce and wanted to push through from Berlin to Moscow.

If he was killed by the Government they most likely saw him as both too Hawkish and too popular domestically. A guy like that wouldn't be in favor of winding things down
View Quote

So, a Neo-con?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#27]
(it was a hit on orders from Eisenhower)

1. Patton wanted to crush the Russian threat while they were weak following WWII.
2. Eisenhower had political aspirations for the Presidency and knew that Patton did too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Someone wanted him dead and someone else was willing to let it happen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Plain ol' accident
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Believe, what you will. I believe it was just an accident. But I do reccomend reading O'Reilly's book Killing Patton. You will learn a lot about Pattons juggernaut through WWII.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#31]
It was an accident.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:
He was murdered because the powers that be couldn't control him. It's a shame because I think he would've made the world a much better place by crushing communism and at it's weakest time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Patton was politically inconvenient for the government. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Patton was also VERY popular with his troops and the general public, in a time where a lot of his opinions were going to be in line with the concerns of the future.

I think plenty of politicians may have fantasized about killing him. I also think any of them with any sense would have been terrified at the prospect of the reaction, should it come out that the government assassinated him.

Also, the way in which he died was awfully random to be a reliable method of ridding themselves of Patton.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Why would the government go through the trouble to kill Patton and only fire MacArthur?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Twenty-five years ago I would say it was just an accident. As I grow older and wiser, I lean more towards assassination by our own government. My gut is that it was the communists who were in the OSS, soon to be CIA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:53:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: curiomatic] [#36]
Originally Posted By tep0583:
Patton was politically inconvenient for the government. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Patton was also VERY popular with his troops and the general public, in a time where a lot of his opinions were going to be in line with the concerns of the future.

I think plenty of politicians may have fantasized about killing him. I also think any of them with any sense would have been terrified at the prospect of the reaction, should it come out that the government assassinated him.

Also, the way in which he died was awfully random to be a reliable method of ridding themselves of Patton.
View Quote

In the moments and days after the "accident" he was more vulnerable.  A serious injury or fatality was almost guaranteed back then, when an automobile collided with a large truck.
"Killing Patton" is an interesting book.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
#Pattonwasright
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:He also hated the Russians something fierce and wanted to push through from Berlin to Moscow.
#Pattonwasright

ayep
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Check his diaries
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#39]
Murdered by the usual suspects...

No way they were going to let him run for president either.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tep0583:

View Quote

The truck hitting his car did not kill him.  It put him in the hospital where he was murdered several days later.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#41]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:
Why would the government go through the trouble to kill Patton and only fire MacArthur?
View Quote

Despite having a great PR team, Dougout Doug was not anywhere near as popular with the American citizens as Patton.  He also gave Truman the perfect justificatiob for the firing
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#43]
They whacked him. He ran his mouth too much about the semitic peoples.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#44]
It was an accident.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#45]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
The story I was told many times as a kid is that his Jeep driver killed him.
My grandfather was friends with Bradley's driver who was friends with Patton's driver and they hung out during the war.  Patton's driver told them he was going to kill Patton after the war even it if meant he died in the process.
View Quote

Sorry that story holds no water.
1.  Patton was in his staff car, not his jeep. Different drivers.
2. The staff car was in it's lane when a truck going the opposite direction turned into it. Not Patton's driver's fault.

FWIW that section of road is a long straight stretch.  The truck driver could not have missed seeing the staff car.

Like Crusader44 I have been to the "accident" site many times.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
People who think the US was even remotely in any position to possibly attack Soviet forces in Europe show that they know little to nothing about the actual military situation at the time.
View Quote

Exactly that. Patton may have wanted to, but the American public was sick of it all and wanted to go home.  Red on Blue would have been absolutely awful for both sides.

That said SMERSH trying to kill him doesn't sound totally out of whack. SMERSH killed lots of people.  Though what exactly were the Soviets worried a general in a rapidly demobilizing European army was going to be able to do, that would get in the way of the Soviets taking over Eastern Europe governments and making a serious run at the French, Italian, and eventually Greek ones?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#47]
He was killed to steal the Spear of Destiny.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Seems to me, a vehicle collision is a poorly planned way to kill someone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:
View Quote

MacArthur was the only American, with his experience in the Far East, his public image and prestige, and the importance of those qualities to that culture, who could maybe serve as an ersatz Emperor over Occupied Japan.  Which, as Supreme Allied Commander, he did very effectively.  Getting Japan to roll over without 87,000 holdouts, both domestically in Japan, and throughout all of the Asian nooks and crannies they were ensconced within, was an absolutely amazing diplomatic feat.

Patton, by comparison, was a rabble-rouser in State's eyes.  A "break glass in case of fire" type.  Such labelling does Patton's character and intelligence terribly, but that's what happens when you're dead and lesser men get to write the story.  But the fire was out.  No need for the fireman.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Plain ol' accident
View Quote

Yep
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Patton's Death (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top