Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/25/2024 2:52:05 PM EDT
I have liked my Tudor Pelagos blue 42 for the year I’ve worn it, but haven’t stopped looking at other stuff so not sure it’s the right fit for me.

I have a local forum offer of trading my Pelagos for an Omega Planet Ocean 43.5mm. It’s a watch I’ve always liked and considering I wore my SMP300 every day for like 15 years, it makes me think I might actually be an Omega guy.

I have no issue with the size or thickness of the Tudor but I hear the PO is even more massive. Haven’t tried it on to know if it works.

Values are about the same used it seems but the PO has a higher MsRP.
I’d wear it with the bracelet, I don’t like straps.

So trade the watch I know for one I don’t? Anyone own both for comparison?

Both are a cool shade of blue and I work in a pretty casual environment so fitting in cuffs or sleeves is not a requirement.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
there are different generations of planet oceans with different movements - do you know which particular one? 43.5 is pretty honkin big too, if you're into that
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Post some pics, OP!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
IAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

My Pelagos

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

PO in question. Not my SMP but similar to the size I’m used to
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
On my wrist for size reference. Those are my 5 year olds feet Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
that's a whopper of a PO.

I own an Omega, but have always liked the Pelagos.  I think Tudor is a great watch.

I don't like that particular Omega as much as your Pelagos, personally.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
No matter what you have, you’ll always keep looking.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an older PO and for some reason, never bonded with it.  I can't say why.  Great watch, very accurate, but I really like my Pelagos (FXD) and it's been my daily for months now, which is rare for me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankHKP7] [#8]
I have the 42mm PO.  I've beaten the ever living shit out of the watch for the last 8 - 9 years.  I would imagine the Tudor to be equally robust.  I don't care for the bezel on the PO you're looking at though, OP.  I vote keep the Pelagos.  Oh and get a nato strap.  They are way better if you're wrenching, shooting or doing anything else that will stretch and eventually wreck your bracelet.

Here's my desk diver:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I was originally hot on the Planet Ocean and really tried to like it but couldn't do it.  The shape is just too bloated and the bracelet is overly big for no reason. I ended up with the black Pelagos 42 and like it a lot.  Then I got the grail Sea Dweller.  IMO the Pelagos is sexier and more wearable than the PO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Just get the black Pelagos 42! It fills so many gaps in the watch collection.

Since Arfcom, Get both, that's what I ended up doing.
I barely ever wear my Omega Seamaster. As I get older the little skeleton hands are un-seable in the dark. The damn thing keeps great time, but at night I can't see enough without glasses.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a PO 43.5mm with the orange accents.

It's probably my most accurate watch, and it is extremely well made.  But it is a chungus.  It feels heavy on the wrist.  That's what you get with a sapphire back and 2000m water resistance.

I think you'd be surprised at the difference in how this compared to your titanium Tudor feels on your wrist.  And I agree, it's probably not going to stop you from lusting after another watch.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pscipio03] [#12]
My vote is the Omega.
Both are great watches, both have very good movements.
That said, I like the look of the Omega more. That is of course 100% person preference, but 10 out of 10 times I'd pick the Omega over any other watch in the same price point.
And yeah, they are heavy, but to quote Boris the Blade:
Heavy is good.
Heavy is reliable.
If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I want a Seamaster, but I want a Pelagos more. I want one so bad. I shall have one soon.

I would choose the Pelagos first, but it will never scratch the itch of looking for new and different watches. Just like guns, I may have all the basis covered, but I'll always look for, and buy more.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
I have a PO 43.5mm with the orange accents.

It's probably my most accurate watch, and it is extremely well made.  But it is a chungus.  It feels heavy on the wrist.  That's what you get with a sapphire back and 2000m water resistance.

I think you'd be surprised at the difference in how this compared to your titanium Tudor feels on your wrist.  And I agree, it's probably not going to stop you from lusting after another watch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105138/1683833270909-3198002.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105138/DSC02501-3198003.jpg
View Quote

That's freaking gorgeous. I didn't know they made Omega that big. It's kinda on small side for me but might work
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:45:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlockaCGulz] [#16]
Stick with the Tudor. Or keep it and pick up a less expensive Omega...maybe an older white-dial Seamaster or Railmaster.

The PO is so much bigger than the Seamaster, it's about the size of a Marathon JDD, right? Yuge.

ETA: The JDD is 46mm, so it's not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

That's freaking gorgeous. I didn't know they made Omega that big. It's kinda on small side for me but might work
View Quote

You can get one in 45mm too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#18]
When in doubt it’s always Tudor
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By pineywoodsbuck:
When in doubt it’s always Tudor
View Quote

I’m gonna stick with this view for a while.

Thanks all, decided to hold off.

I am getting older and I am thinking about a gold watch. I’m realizing every few K I spend on other stuff gets me farther from what I’m actually after. Gonna enjoy the Pelagos and it’s adjustable bracelet for a while longer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redfish86] [#20]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#21]

I think that’s gorgeous, but 30k for a Tudor is crazy
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By thorm001:

I think that’s gorgeous, but 30k for a Tudor is crazy
View Quote

That's the gold watch I want, honestly. I know the 30k is steep but I like it a lot more than anything I've seen from Rolex or Omega in gold. Not a lot of options for gold sport/diver and that's more my style than a dress watch.

I imagine the Tudor can be had for ~22 once the new-new wears off. At least that's my hope. Cause I'm not spending more than I spent on a truck than I will a watch
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

That's the gold watch I want, honestly. I know the 30k is steep but I like it a lot more than anything I've seen from Rolex or Omega in gold. Not a lot of options for gold sport/diver and that's more my style than a dress watch.

I imagine the Tudor can be had for ~22 once the new-new wears off. At least that's my hope. Cause I'm not spending more than I spent on a truck than I will a watch
View Quote

You’ll be my hero if you get that.
Link Posted: Today 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I would choose the Pelagos over the PO. And I did. It's titanium and wears like a smaller watch.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top