Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2023 5:58:24 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for pepper spray that is easy to carry at work.   I work construction and unfortunately end up in Seattle more then I prefer.   Lot of crazies/ addicts running around.  Most of the time they keep to themselves but occasionally it escalates into something that you can't ignore.  Would prefer to avoid  having to shoot one of them especially in Seattle.    Never really messed with any kind of spray before.   Is something small enough to carry in a pocket on the jobsite going to be enough to do anything?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
Thoughts?
View Quote

This is what I carry. It is Lucifer’s spit:

https://www.srselfdefense.com/dps-black-label-pepper-spray-oc-cs-blend/
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BadRREngineer:

This is what I carry. It is Lucifer's spit:

https://www.srselfdefense.com/dps-black-label-pepper-spray-oc-cs-blend/
View Quote
Looks good,  i ordered a couple sizes.   Hopefully won't have to test it out but gives me an option if need be.  Thank you
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:39:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#3]
Sabre Red   pepper spray

But everyone I ever pepper sprayed I still had to fight.    An ASP P21 is what I carry most of the time but they are a better leverage tool than they are an impact weapon, still it's a currently police authorized (with training) tool.  

A small ball peen hammer is also a very useful tool.  Don't hit the head the neck or the spine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
  A small ball peen hammer is also a very useful tool.  Don't hit the head the neck or the spine.
View Quote

My job forbids weapons, so I carry an eight inch pipe wrench. Thanks to PVC, they are almost impossible to find.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#5]
consider what tools you already use on the job.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I can use a 80k pound excavator if it comes to it.   was just looking for something easy and small to keep in my pocket in case a crack head gets too aggressive while I'm in the street and i don't want to deal with the aftermath of a permanent solution.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Sabre or POM.  

Be sure to get a inert practice cartridge.  Get on target is harder than you think.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always carried for Fox labs. Never had to use it though. Sabre also has a good reputation. Any name brand carried by Galls or other police supply store should suffice.

The biggest issue I know is whether to use a stream or cone dispensing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Freeze +p or Sabre red.

Leather change holder sap

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have worked corrections for 10 years.  We use Sabre red currently after switching from fox labs.  I will say Sabre Phantom is devil piss in a can.  Only downside is it is a fogger so you may get affected as well.  I personally carry POM off the clock and tested it on myself.  It sucks and it took me about 15 min to get back to normal after being sprayed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Sabre Red   pepper spray

But everyone I ever pepper sprayed I still had to fight.    An ASP P21 is what I carry most of the time but they are a better leverage tool than they are an impact weapon, still it's a currently police authorized (with training) tool.  

View Quote

OP isn't playing by Queensbury rules.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
i ordered Saber Red Gel a while back and seems like a good carry size.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2487182348?pid=733605

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Sabre Red   pepper spray

Correct. He’s playing by WA state law.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
@fordtuff

I'm late to this but I carried as Asp key defender  until my child lost my whole set of keys. It's easy to carry and you always have it if it's attached to  your keys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:59:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bklyn_Irish] [#15]
OC Instructor chiming in.

I've sprayed a lot of people with many different brands and configurations.

DefTech First Defense Mk III or IV can be your best friend in a spray situation. It works well, and the can fills the hand nicely for strike capabilities.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]
No Dapper Dan here, it's POM for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:21:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cobalt135] [#17]
POM is what I carry for in between the harsh words and a firearm, as I once heard about carrying OC. Youtube videos show POM it is pretty much as effective as any other, if it reaches the face.

Random thought I was discussing with a friend.  If you have to spray someone what are your obligations to stay on scene?  I would be inclined to leave the area and return home and put away the groceries.  Call 911 on the drive and tell them what happened and I left the area due to safety and if an officer needs to speak with me come to my house.

I was a just a random person involved in an a motor vehicle accident that involved an unsecured load and no injuries.  10 minutes elapsed before police arrived and the total time on scene was nearly an hour for paperwork.

Sucks to ruin a good portion of your day when an incident evolved involved someone who decided to go crazy and FAFO...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top