Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 8:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117]
A quick question for the folks maybe a little more tuned in to current pricing.
Had my eye on this GMT at my local AD for a while, waiting for a price reduction... been on offer for 6+ months.
No change so thinking about a walk in cash offer.

Up for trade in, Seamaster 300 (2021) that I just never wear and sits in the safe.
Full set purchased new from local AD.
Attachment Attached File

Watch I'm looking at picking up.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

AD is a Rolex RSC so the mechanicals are good to go.
1. Do I really want this watch.?.....currently don't have a GMT of any sort.
2 . If yes, how much cash to offer above my trade?

Thanks for any input..
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5thLegion] [#1]
Woof - good looking watch. I am not nearly as versed as some here, but I’ve shopped for that same watch and the price is a little high IMO but not terrible. Might be worth the extra $ if it’s a trusted dealer. It’s clearly been serviced, replacement bracelet, probably newer dial? So collectability factor not ideal vs if it was original.
It’s a 30 YO watch is my issue. You could get a Tudor GMT at 1/4 the price and it’s in all technical ways a better watch. Still, I get it - Rolex GMT is an awesome piece.
I have struggled with this - how useful really is a GMT these days. I bring my phone with me anywhere and I would just rather have a simple no-date.
For me, if I was looking at neo-vintage it would be as new  of a 14060 or 16610 that I could get.
Still, that is a damn cool watch brother.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 5thLegion:
Woof - good looking watch. I am not nearly as versed as some here, but I’ve shopped for that same watch and the price is a little high IMO but not terrible. Might be worth the extra $ if it’s a trusted dealer. It’s clearly been serviced, replacement bracelet, probably newer dial? So collectability factor not ideal vs if it was original.
It’s a 30 YO watch is my issue. You could get a Tudor GMT at 1/4 the price and it’s in all technical ways a better watch. Still, I get it - Rolex GMT is an awesome piece.
I have struggled with this - how useful really is a GMT these days. I bring my phone with me anywhere and I would just rather have a simple no-date.
For me, if I was looking at neo-vintage it would be as new  of a 14060 or 16610 that I could get.
View Quote

Thanks for the thoughts.
I've lost interest/sold everything that could be classified as even a little dressy.
Tool watches are really the only thing I like anymore.
Kept 2 no-date subs and my daily is a Pelagos 39.

The real draw is that the AD is local and I can see the watch up close prior to buying rather than via online pics.
I really don't want to take the hit on the Seamaster but I keep coming back to that GMT... hmmm.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I too prefer the Tudor Black Bay GMT “Coke” over the Rolex.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The Fat Lady is a really nice timepiece, but personally I think that watch should be around $11,000.
It's in great shape and has all the documentation but it's still overpriced by $2k+. Two years ago? Yeah, it would have been a steal. But today, no.
You can pick up much newer Fat Lady's for less than that on eBay Authentic or other second hand markets.

You could get a Tudor, but you'd be settling. Yeah, it's gonna ruffle some feathers with me saying that but I don't give a shit. You want a Rolex, buy a Rolex. Tudor's are good watches with good movements but they aren't Rolex's.

If I was bent on picking up a Coke, I'd talk them down to the $11k range (there's a reason it hasn't moved) then that $2,500 savings I'd put towards throwing a Jubilee on it. A Fat Lady with a Jub bracelet just looks stunning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pscipio03:
The Fat Lady is a really nice timepiece, but personally I think that watch should be around $11,000.
It's in great shape and has all the documentation but it's still overpriced by $2k+. Two years ago? Yeah, it would have been a steal. But today, no.
You can pick up much newer Fat Lady's for less than that on eBay Authentic or other second hand markets.

You could get a Tudor, but you'd be settling. Yeah, it's gonna ruffle some feathers with me saying that but I don't give a shit. You want a Rolex, buy a Rolex. Tudor's are good watches with good movements but they aren't Rolex's.

If I was bent on picking up a Coke, I'd talk them down to the $11k range (there's a reason it hasn't moved) then that $2,500 savings I'd put towards throwing a Jubilee on it. A Fat Lady with a Jub bracelet just looks stunning.
View Quote

You’re not ruffling feathers, I just don’t think the Rolex GMT is $8000 more watch than the Tudor GMT. But if your heart says Rolex I agree get the Rolex.

There are a lot of other Rolexes I’d spend that on first, but again it is all personal preference.

For $11k I’d buy a Tudor GMT for $3,500 a Speedmaster Professional for $4,000 and the other $3,500 I’d probably buy a Tudor FXD as the ultimate tool watch. But I’m also a guy who likes variety on my wrist while other people have a favorite and will wear it every day with complete satisfaction.

But I agree that is an $11k watch tops and the jubilee is a must for that model. The Batman or Sprite can rock an oyster, but the Coke and Pepsi really shine with the jubilee.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:39:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#6]

View Quote

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

You’re not ruffling feathers, I just don’t think the Rolex GMT is $8000 more watch than the Tudor GMT. But if your heart says Rolex I agree get the Rolex.

There are a lot of other Rolexes I’d spend that on first, but again it is all personal preference.

For $11k I’d buy a Tudor GMT for $3,500 a Speedmaster Professional for $4,000 and the other $3,500 I’d probably buy a Tudor FXD as the ultimate tool watch. But I’m also a guy who likes variety on my wrist while other people have a favorite and will wear it every day with complete satisfaction.

But I agree that is an $11k watch tops and the jubilee is a must for that model. The Batman or Sprite can rock an oyster, but the Coke and Pepsi really shine with the jubilee.
View Quote

Thanks gents.
I'm going to walk in anyways with my trade and see where they are.
I'm kind of curious as to why there have been no adjustments on the advertised price even though it's been sitting for quite a while.

Either they are into the watch for too much and are willing to wait it out, or it's the kind of dealer that only gets serious about dealing when you show up in person with cash on the barrel.
I'm not 13.9k interested in the watch but you never know.. maybe I get them on a day when they are closing the monthly books and want to move some inventory.

As to the braclet, you guys got me thinking.
Generally, I prefer the Oyster over Jubilee but I may need to reconsider.
Off to google for some comparison pics..

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I’d bet they offer you $2000-2500 in trade value on the omega
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:57:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#8]
Originally Posted By MrHelper:
I’d bet they offer you $2000-2500 in trade value on the omega
View Quote

Your'e probably not far off.
This particular AD is notorious for lowball buy offers. Not sure how they value trades.

That's why I kind of wonder what they have into the GMT.
If they are not too deep, perhaps there is some room to shoot them an offer well below asking..
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I think with the $5k watches they’ll list it close to $4500-5000, but may need to clean it up.  I’m guessing they’ll look to make a 50% margin on it.  And with preowned there’s an added level of “unknown” albeit slight.

They may give you more if you’re buying the Rolex, but I doubt they’re gonna knock off $5k from the GMT.

See what DavidSW would give you for the watch, he might get you $3000-3500 for it.

Is it possible the gmt is being sold on consignment?  Could be the owners watch or something where they’re happy only to get their full price for it.

They’re not making any more of those GMTs, so hardly any dealers are thinking “hey we gotta move this Rolex before it plummets in value”.  That watch also keeps bringing people in their shop too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Sell the Omega, do NOT trade it in. Hell, you could list it here on Arfcom and you'll get at least $1.5k more than what they'll offer you in trade-in, if not more.
It's your money, but if you walk in and he sticks with anything over $11,500 (and that's ONLY because you really want it), you need to walk out.
I'm betting he took that as trade-in and the margins for these guys are over 35%. So, he gave the last guy at most $8,700 trade-in value, at most. Probably closer to $6k honestly.
I paid about $3,500 more than what your guy wants for a 30 year Fat Lady, for my brand new 2024 Sky Dweller. That should tell you how whack-a-doo priced he has it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there a reason you aren't interested in a newer one? Or join the Rolex forum as there is many reputable dealers on there    I also agree watch seems about 2,000 too high
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Glidelock clasp on the new bracelet or old version? Seemingly minor detail, but that would be a huge difference for me. I have a 14060 (similar era) and the clasp is....well, I wish it was a glidelock. The difference is significant. Make sure the service is documented before you pull the trigger.

There are tons of better watches for the money (incl other Rolex models), but if you're set on a Rolex GMT Coke, go for it. Nothing else will be the same.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:28:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#13]
Woof - good looking watch. I am not nearly as versed as some here, but I've shopped for that same watch and the price is a little high IMO but not terrible. Might be worth the extra $ if it's a trusted dealer. It's clearly been serviced, replacement bracelet, probably newer dial? So collectability factor not ideal vs if it was original.
It's a 30 YO watch is my issue. You could get a Tudor GMT at 1/4 the price and it's in all technical ways a better watch. Still, I get it - Rolex GMT is an awesome piece.
View Quote
***** (I can barely see the date with my glasses on)

I know, it's the watch forum!  I said the same thing, and had not worn a watch for close to 20 years, with an Iphone for these things.  I recently started wearing watches again.  

I have to add that my doctor recently commented on my nice gold Rolex.  It is a $60 Invicta. I think I am going to buy a Rolex t-shirt.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FlockaCGulz:
Glidelock clasp on the new bracelet or old version? Seemingly minor detail, but that would be a huge difference for me. I have a 14060 (similar era) and the clasp is....well, I wish it was a glidelock. The difference is significant. Make sure the service is documented before you pull the trigger.

There are tons of better watches for the money (incl other Rolex models), but if you're set on a Rolex GMT Coke, go for it. Nothing else will be the same.
View Quote

If it has a Glidelock, that's not the original bracelet. That option didn't even get released until probably 15 years after the OP's watch was made.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5thLegion] [#15]

View Quote

Zero offense taken and I am a Tudor guy. But in the context of what is the better watch re- accuracy, anti-magnetism, and power reserve. The modern Tudor beats a neo-vintage Rolex in all of these categories.
Also, regarding the true purpose of a GMT, do I personally want to travel with a $14k watch? For me, I would not, especially overseas where a GMT would really be useful.
For those reasons as a no shit GMT, I would assert the Tudor is the better watch.
However, I totally get the OPs desire for the Rolex, it’s a stunningly beautiful watch, slim, and OG cool.
I would echo the recommendation it might be better to try and sell the Omega on WUS or even here, if you can stand to wait.
Damn, I need a Tudor GMT (patiently waiting to see if they slim the case this year 😂)  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#16]

If it has a Glidelock, that's not the original bracelet. That option didn't even get released until probably 15 years after the OP's watch was made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes, thank you. If you'll read the OP, the watch has a newer OEM bracelet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Zero offense taken and I am a Tudor guy. But in the context of what is the better watch re- accuracy, anti-magnetism, and power reserve. The modern Tudor beats a neo-vintage Rolex in all of these categories.
Also, regarding the true purpose of a GMT, do I personally want to travel with a $14k watch? For me, I would not, especially overseas where a GMT would really be useful.
For those reasons as a no shit GMT, I would assert the Tudor is the better watch.
However, I totally get the OPs desire for the Rolex, it’s a stunningly beautiful watch, slim, and OG cool.
I would echo the recommendation it might be better to try and sell the Omega on WUS or even here, if you can stand to wait.
Damn, I need a Tudor GMT (patiently waiting to see if they slim the case this year 😂)  

View Quote

Any given week I can be in 3 different timezones- hence why I decided to go with the Sky Dweller. But honestly any monkey can do the math as to what time it is back home if you're staying CONUS. Going overseas and yeah, it helps. However, depending on exactly where overseas I'm going, odds are I'll just be wearing either my Garmin or Apple Watch. Those get stolen I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep. Plus, they'll auto update timezones.
Goes without saying that a new Tudor will have better movement than a 30 year old Rolex. But a $19 Casio will have more accurate time than an $80 Patek, so it just depends on what you're wanting it for.
Honestly for the amount of money the new Tudors are going for nowadays, you're getting a lot for it. And no need to wait 2 fucking years on a list to get a Tudor. You can walk out the door that day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Yes, thank you. If you'll read the OP, the watch has a newer OEM bracelet.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Sell the Omega, do NOT trade it in. Hell, you could list it here on Arfcom and you'll get at least $1.5k more than what they'll offer you in trade-in, if not more. .
View Quote

This. Those Omegas are holding their value, but not as a trade in.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#20]
Update: Thanks for the input folks.

Spoke with the watch manager this morning before I made the 2 hour round trip with cash in hand.
After a nice chat, it became pretty apparent that their store policy of hard pricing an anything Rolex, ( they are an AD) applys even to pre-owned.
Which is bullshit, but their shop their rules I suppose.

I am a little suprised in this market.
I could see no negotiations on new but pre-owned as well? Come on man.

I guess I'll keep looking for a GMT as I got the bug now and I know from past experience that if I settle for something else, I will end up costing myself more when I sell at a loss to buy what I wanted in the first place.

Thanks again...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Duke117:

Spoke with the watch manager this morning before I made the 2 hour round trip with cash in hand.
After a nice chat, it became pretty apparent that their store policy of hard pricing an anything Rolex, ( they are an AD) applys even to pre-owned.

I guess I'll keep looking for a GMT as I got the bug now and I know from past experience that if I settle for something else, I will end up costing myself more when I sell at a loss to buy what I wanted in the first place.

Thanks again...
View Quote

Check out eBay for Authenticated ones. You'll find plenty and as long as it a authenticated/verified one, you'll be fine. Or the watch forums as well (which would be the route I'd go). Dealing 1:1 with an individual seller will be far more rewarding than going through an AD.
The price of pre-owned Rolexs have dropped quarter over quarter for about a year and a half and will continue to. Once Rolex expands (which I believe they are investing almost $1B to do so) the build rate will increase exponentially. When that occurs, the used market will absolutely crash. That same $13,900 one will be at most $6k in potentially 24 months. With a cost like that, though, the price of new Rolex's are going to go up by at least 15% next year.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Check out eBay for Authenticated ones. You'll find plenty and as long as it a authenticated/verified one, you'll be fine. Or the watch forums as well (which would be the route I'd go). Dealing 1:1 with an individual seller will be far more rewarding than going through an AD.
The price of pre-owned Rolexs have dropped quarter over quarter for about a year and a half and will continue to. Once Rolex expands (which I believe they are investing almost $1B to do so) the build rate will increase exponentially. When that occurs, the used market will absolutely crash. That same $13,900 one will be at most $6k in potentially 24 months. With a cost like that, though, the price of new Rolex's are going to go up by at least 15% next year.
View Quote

$1B is a drop in the bucket for Rolex and they never disclose any of that, so I’d question your source.  Rolex is playing the long game, production won’t increase exponentially, they’ll just shift their to production to higher end models if anything.  They’ll keep pushing price increases and making slow changes to their line up.

Used market for vintage pieces/discontinued models won’t crash anytime soon, keep dreaming.  Youre missing that there is not a direct correlation to the current production which continues to increase numbers vs the fixed quantity of older vintage pieces.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks again...
View Quote

I did some shopping on your behalf. DavidSW isn't the cheapest place around but they're easy to deal with and may work with you on the Omega.

16710 Coke

the gaudy one I would buy if I was in the market (& had the money )
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#24]

View Quote

$1B is a drop in the bucket for Rolex and they never disclose any of that, so I’d question your source.  Rolex is playing the long game, production won’t increase exponentially, they’ll just shift their to production to higher end models if anything.  They’ll keep pushing price increases and making slow changes to their line up.

Used market for vintage pieces/discontinued models won’t crash anytime soon, keep dreaming.  Youre missing that there is not a direct correlation to the current production which continues to increase numbers vs the fixed quantity of older vintage pieces.
View Quote

I honestly don't know how this market works/ is supposed to work.
I have 2 no-date subs, 1 bought at retail, 1 received as a gift.

The retail purchase was years ago at an AD that simply had it for sale in the case. Even offered a 5% discount for cash.
The gift I'm not sure what they paid, for obvious reasons.

Rolex has done a masterful job of creating the perception of rarity and somehow simultaneously supporting/shitting on an underground secondary market that backstops the constant price increases.
Their marketing department is second to none considering the sheer volume of watches they produce annually.

It's not really a money issue anymore at this point in my life but I hate FEELING like I overpaid for something I really want.
I know the market sets the price and I could afford to eat it but that would take the pleasure out of ownership.

I'm kind of kicking myself about missing a NIB Batgirl recently listed in the EE for 16k ish.
That would have scratched the itch if we could have worked a little bit on the number.
By the time I decided to throw an offer on it, it was sold.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#25]
As a side note:
Why don’t iPhone’s display the time and date w/o having to turn it on?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#26]
Originally Posted By Slvrktman:
As a side note:
Why don’t iPhone’s display the time and date w/o having to turn it on?
View Quote

Exactly... that's where Rolex comes in...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#27]
@duke117 - if you go to Wixon's ask for Shawn. Watch guy and low pressure.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#28]
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
@duke117 - if you go to Wixon's ask for Shawn. Watch guy and low pressure.
View Quote

@IDidThat
Thank you.
I've shopped at Wixon's in the past a number of times for the wife's jewelry, never bought a watch there.
Might be worth a trip in just to say hi and chat with Shawn as they seem to have one of the larger inventories of pre-owned.
I think the stumbling block may be the non-negotiable pricing policy on Rolex.

I have purchased locally from this guy and the deal/ trade-in valuations were actually pretty fair.
https://tctimeandluxury.com/
Grabbed my Pelagos 39 when they were hard to find and got a favorable valuation for my Seamaster trade.
Shopped the same trade at Wixons and they were considerably lower.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IDidThat] [#29]
They also have excellent watchmakers and have regulated two of my watches without an appointment.

ETA - their preowned stuff is pricey, but some of the nicer watches I've seen. Wixon is an RSC so if it's been serviced, it was well done unlike Dallas :(.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
They also have excellent watchmakers and have regulated two of my watches without an appointment.
View Quote

@IDidThat

They do indeed..I'll stop in and see Shawn. Should I tell him IDidThat sent me?

If nothing else, I am interested in seeing a Tudor sub they have listed.
Not sure what I would do with it but it kind of caught my eye..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I think with the $5k watches they’ll list it close to $4500-5000, but may need to clean it up.  I’m guessing they’ll look to make a 50% margin on it.  And with preowned there’s an added level of “unknown” albeit slight.

They may give you more if you’re buying the Rolex, but I doubt they’re gonna knock off $5k from the GMT.

See what DavidSW would give you for the watch, he might get you $3000-3500 for it.

Is it possible the gmt is being sold on consignment?  Could be the owners watch or something where they’re happy only to get their full price for it.

They’re not making any more of those GMTs, so hardly any dealers are thinking “hey we gotta move this Rolex before it plummets in value”.  That watch also keeps bringing people in their shop too.
View Quote

Isn’t the rumor that Rolex is releasing a Coke GMT this year?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I took both my Tudor S&G GMT and my Grand Seiko GMT when we went to London last month. I wear one of them most days nowadays anyways as I have a kid over there and like to just glance to see what time she’s on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#33]

@IDidThat

They do indeed..I'll stop in and see Shawn. Should I tell him IDidThat sent me?

If nothing else, I am interested in seeing a Tudor sub they have listed.
Not sure what I would do with it but it kind of caught my eye..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/562102/IMG_3542_png-3172975.JPG
View Quote
Tell Shawn the guy with the name like Patek sent you. He'll remember. And I was able to fondle a few Patek's on display including the Worldtimer, so quite being cheap and buy that for $70k because Shawn said he could hook me up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Isn't the rumor that Rolex is releasing a Coke GMT this year?
View Quote
I thought the rumor is no more Pepsi this year?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Sources:
Bloomberg
Swiss Times
Watchbox

I mean Google is pretty simple to use.
They are going to spin up 3 new factories within the next 24 months.
By late 28 to 29 this will allow them to significantly increase their production. It's more a matter of training new craftsmen to build them.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:41:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHelper] [#36]

Sources:
Bloomberg
Swiss Times
Watchbox

I mean Google is pretty simple to use.
They are going to spin up 3 new factories within the next 24 months.
By late 28 to 29 this will allow them to significantly increase their production. It's more a matter of training new craftsmen to build them.

View Quote

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t believe Rolex will increase production “exponentially”…. Here’s a decent overview of some commentary behind those “headlines”.  Also curious how much bandwidth they’re adding to service and maintain the millions of watches already in existence. Long story short, they’re not gonna flood the market to allow for every clown to go buy a black sub at retail.  At best they slowly increase their numbers by a small percentage each year.  Also i suspect they are going to have demographic issues with their aging Swiss workforce, new temp facilities likely help with training or accelerating production steps or increased complexity.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-faq-everything-you-need-to-know-about-production-increases-and-the-certified-pre-owned-program

Hodinkee also has a several years old blog post of their actual visit to each of the current facilities. Their manufacturing process and sophistication is light years ahead of anyone else, you don’t just cant the gas pedal and start doubling production.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Agree they won't flood the market -1. It cheapens the brand; 2. It'll drive down their ability to control pricing.
But do think we'll see more being released at a faster rate.
There's still enough demand that they could bump up production by 25% or so and still have decent wait times. I also trust they will only put out quality timepieces even with a ramp up.
We've seen some brands bump up to meet demand like Panerai and Bell and absolutely trash their image by cheapening their process. But Rolex, IWC, Grand Seiko and a few other brands I don't think will ever go down that path as they get more watches out the door.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:35:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rod727] [#38]

View All Quotes

My 2010 116610 was my first venture into glidelock territory. The difference is night and day, heft and security, adjustability. She just came back from Rolex service center in Dallas recently where they replaced two end links one at 6 and one at 12 as part of service they say were “worn” frankly I never noticed. Regardless love mine and will likely always keep a glidelock as my daily
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By rod727:

My 2010 116610 was my first venture into glidelock territory. The difference is night and day, heft and security, adjustability. She just came back from Rolex service center in Dallas recently where they replaced two end links one at 6 and one at 12 as part of service they say were “worn” frankly I never noticed. Regardless love mine and will likely always keep a glidelock as my daily
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134638/13A41C7E-571F-4EBD-BE91-C3DE2872520A_jpe-3180805.JPG
View Quote

The service is worth the price, even if it's a hit to the pocketbook.
Last service I had was for my DeepSea SeaDweller and they replaced one link.
More importantly, they replaced the pearl that I had smashed to bits about a year after I got the watch. Fucking around outside and slammed it on a wall. Figured they'd make me buy a whole new ceramic bezel, but nope, they just did a replacement.
At some point I'll buy a 3rd Rolex to add to the collection as they are just the tits. I don't like the status symbol people have made them out to be, but is what it is. That's what I love about my SkyDweller- it's a lot more unassuming than most of their watches.
They are rock solid, great movements and amazing customer service.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#40]

More importantly, they replaced the pearl that I had smashed to bits about a year after I got the watch. Fucking around outside and slammed it on a wall. Figured they'd make me buy a whole new ceramic bezel, but nope, they just did a replacement.
At some point I'll buy a 3rd Rolex to add to the collection as they are just the tits. I don't like the status symbol people have made them out to be, but is what it is. That's what I love about my SkyDweller- it's a lot more unassuming than most of their watches.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rod727:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134638/13A41C7E-571F-4EBD-BE91-C3DE2872520A_jpe-3180805.JPG

You may be the only person I've ever heard describe the Sky-Dweller as "unassuming."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

You may be the only person I've ever heard describe the Sky-Dweller as "unassuming."
View Quote

When you compare it to a PAM, U-Boat, Bell, and any Chrono like the Daytona, I do find it to be a bit unassuming.
It's also smaller than my DeapSea SeaDweller and not colored up like a Pepsi, Hulk, Kermit, etc.

Is it as unassuming as a GS? No, but I have a white face version and it doesn't pop like a lot of the others. And, honestly, that's what I like about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top