Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2024 2:18:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Beauseph]
I figure with all of the socioeconomic issues affecting policies and procedures of the majority of agencies nationwide we could give agencies who still allow their men and women to do police work some notoriety.

It can also be a good reference for those who come to the forum looking for potential employers.

I currently do not work for a particularly proactive agency nor an agency where administration would have our back in a tough situation.

If you know of one, please let the community know.

Template:

Agency:
State:
Number sworn:
Pay scale:
Hiring?

Do you consent to being messaged questions about working there?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
DEA, US Marshals???

My local PD, State H.P. ?

No idea on if any of these are really that stand up, pay or any of the other facts requested..

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
DEA, US Marshals???

My local PD, State H.P. ?

No idea on if any of these are really that stand up, pay or any of the other facts requested..

View Quote

I'd imagine a lot of members here work or recently worked for an agency and can provide insight of agencies other members may be interested in working for. I, for one, am looking to move and interested to see if any agencies pop up where I'm  looking.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Can’t help, know of some WA and OR agencies that are still good to work for, but the legislators have knee capped them so much that I would stick to a less idiotic state.  

There is still the “can make a lot of money” aspect, but that only goes so far.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Cincinnati Ohio PD
1000 Officers
Pay tops out around 90.

Message me if you like.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Pm me if central va is a potential prospect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Minimum 3 years of patrol LEO experience, prior military, bachelor's degree, under 37 years of age? U.S. Marshals Service.

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/deputy-us-marshals
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Arkansas State police is the only state or lower agency in Arkansas that's able to actively turn away candidates that other agencies would kill for.   Much of the last precert class were SGTs or above leaving their agencies to become entry level troopers.

I don't know exact current numbers,  but they're pushing 6 figures with OT.

The brass has their back and encourages them to go hunting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT7:
Cincinnati Ohio PD
1000 Officers
Pay tops out around 90.

Message me if you like.
View Quote
Columbus Ohio PD
1,500+ Officers
Pay should be 100 +/- (I retired in '19, but I have friends behind the wall)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top