Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 9:05:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#1]
Bambu has LAN only mode. It also has print from micro SD functionality.

Cloud just adds another option. It's not the only option.

And I echo everything you said. Presa is done. If Bambu releases a MM XL, it's the nail in the coffin. Their purging method vs wipe tower method is cleaner, faster, and more reliable than Prusa, and there is ZERO tinkering to get MM to work. Their MMU and MMU2 were failures. Their MMU3 is good, but not 100% turnkey (maybe 95%) but still has limitations I stated above. The Bambu AMS just works. Well. And with up to 16 colors.

They are a game changer. If a US or non-Chinese company offered this it wouldn't even be a discussion but I view them similar to Holosun. They are innovating when others are not. When the US doesn't even have a dog in the fight, literally.

They impress me. And since they are the leader clearly at this point on consumer based innovation, I can't even say it's China doing China stuff.

I love my X1C. I'll be getting another.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Legit question for both of yall.  

Why not Qidi?  Has the same features as Bambu, is cheaper, and less proprietary firmware (and software).

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
No experience with Qidi, but they were lacking some basic features when I was looking at them.
View Quote

which are? ( I am shopping )
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still running my prusa i3 mk3, and it's still going strong several years later.

Slowly thinking about the X1C plunge though. In time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

Why not Qidi?  Has the same features as Bambu, is cheaper, and less proprietary firmware (and software).

View Quote

Quite a few features are lacking actually.

No auto Z that I'm aware of. It has bed leveling but not auto Z to my knowledge.
No Multi-Material
No 20 second nozzle swaps
No built in filter I'm aware of.
No auto flow calibration.
No auto EM calibration.
No native Orca Slicer API

And frankly the support and reviews Ive seen aren't great. Nothing but Praise on Bambu.

Also micrometer carries Bambu. I walk in and get what I need and walk out.

The Bambu Ecosystem is so well polished...it's like Apple. You want to hate it but it's just so seamless.

My initial thoughts anyway. I had considered the XMax3. But the feature set of Bambu sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo] [#8]

View Quote
Qidi doesn't have ams or lidar..
It is 75% of a p1s for less money, and can have more build volume.
I'm a qidi fan, don't get me wrong. I almost wish I had bought a qidi xmax 3 instead of a voron.
My x1c is an appliance at home.

The P1S we bought at work is a good machine, but it is kind of inconvenient to get working on our network due to our internal security policies. The qidi has an ethernet port on the back; that makes it easier to access.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this a dream?  Seriously someone pinch me. First Obsessed now RP?

While it is hilarious to see just wait till you have to interact with Bambu customer service. Until they improve there Prusa is safe....for now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tnertb:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You will be assimilated.

While it is hilarious to see just wait till you have to interact with Bambu customer service. Until they improve there Prusa is safe....for now.

CS will get better, or Prusa's will get worse as a cost-savings measure.

So using individual personal computers as a model of garage tinkerer item turned general hobbyist/nerd item turned consumer good, there's still computer nerds/hobbyists building computers from parts, overclocking, etc.  That keeps a lot of smaller companies going as niche/premium brands, even when a PC is also a pure commodity with $100 mini boxes in a race to the price bottom on Amazon.  But nobody is really doing the 70s-style soldering their own boards in their garage thing.

Does Prusa or others become that smaller niche brand that is interesting enough to survive?  Or will the consumer Bambu-style things have enough modability the keep the hobbyist/nerd attention (the people who want to play with printers, not just print things)?  Strikes me there is a much smaller market for printers versus PCs, kind of one per house limit as a mainstream good (you degenerates excluded).  

Looking at appliances e.g. dishwasher or fridge, you don't see the hobbyist level at all I think.  There is specialty stuff like propane-fueled or off-road fridges, but it's still from major manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:32:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#11]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

No auto Z that I'm aware of. It has bed leveling but not auto Z to my knowledge.
No Multi-Material
No auto EM calibration.

And frankly the support and reviews Ive seen aren't great. Nothing but Praise on Bambu.

The Bambu Ecosystem is so well polished...it's like Apple. You want to hate it but it's just so seamless.

My initial thoughts anyway. I had considered the XMax3. But the feature set of Bambu sealed the deal.
View Quote

I’ve said it before.  The features are relevant to the user, and that’s not the discussion.  I believe we a simply stating what is available and what is not.  

Having a filter is available.   It’s an addition but it’s simple.  
Orca Slicer worked for me without anything.   Lot of people prefer it over the Qidi slicer.  I don’t know what you mean by native api, in this regard.  
Qidi also has active chamber heating.

I’ve contacted support for stupid shit (that’s obvious now), and I had a response and solution back in 24 hours.  That’s my only dealing with them.  

Link is to the Bambu site.  Only the X1E has ethernet and filtration other than activated charcoal.  Which the Qidi can do easily.  

I’m not saying that you don’t have lan only with your Bambu, I’m linking the Bambu webpage and it doesn’t mention that feature being an option except for their most expensive printer.

I also bought the Xplus3 for $559 delivered.  Can’t ignore that price.

Edit.  I have a feeling if you had bought the Qidi instead of the Bambu you’d have the same experience.   It was the same features (basically) of the Bambu Carbon for that price that got me to buy it.  I understand and respect the differences you mentioned about the Bambu, but for me they were not relevant.   I do regret not having auto z, but once set it’s holding, but I still would like it.  I’d like to have lidar, but I don’t have it so I don’t know what I’m missing.  The rest of the features are not important to me.  To me.  

When I bought it, it was cloud or card with the Bambu.   I absolutely did not want to deal with that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#12]

I’ve said it before.  The features are relevant to the user, and that’s not the discussion.  I believe we a simply stating what is available and what is not.  

Having a filter is available.   It’s an addition but it’s simple.  
Orca Slicer worked for me without anything.   Lot of people prefer it over the Qidi slicer.  I don’t know what you mean by native api, in this regard.  
Qidi also has active chamber heating.

I’ve contacted support for stupid shit (that’s obvious now), and I had a response and solution back in 24 hours.  That’s my only dealing with them.  

Link is to the Bambu site.  Only the X1E has ethernet and filtration other than activated charcoal.  Which the Qidi can do easily.  

I’m not saying that you don’t have lan only with your Bambu, I’m linking the Bambu webpage and it doesn’t mention that feature being an option except for their most expensive printer.

I also bought the Xplus3 for $559 delivered.  Can’t ignore that price.
View Quote

You asked me why not QIDI.

I gave very valid reasons.

You then saying "That's not relevant to the discussion" makes zero sense to me. You literally asked me about the features that drew me to Bambu vs. QIDI. You LITERALLY asked me why not QIDI. Guess what? Lack of features are my reasons. And they are valid.

If those don't matter to you, I don't really have anything else to say. I don't care what you find valuable or important (not being rude, but your preferences have no bearing on my purchase behavior or decision tree). I care about what I find valuable and important. and since you asked me my opinion (perhaps before too) I gave it to you.

If you ask me again in a week, I'll likely give you the same answers.

QIDI doesn't offer ANYTHING the Bambu doesn't, except build volume and a heated chamber, which the second is easily addressed, and I don't care as I don't print anything that requires it, and neither does most anyone else.

And the cost of the printer is literally nothing. I print more money in filament in 2 months than I spent on this printer. And have for years. The cost of the printer is inconsequential to me.

Again, maybe not the case for you, and that's okay. But for me, the Bambu is the obvious choice between the two.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Your post is one more reason I'm happy that ultimately I chose a Bambu X1C+AMS over the Prusa MK4 I had previously stated (in another thread) would be my choice.

Have had the X1C for several months, and so far it's been great.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]

You asked me why not QIDI.

I gave very valid reasons.

You then saying "That's not relevant to the discussion" makes zero sense to me. You literally asked me about the features that drew me to Bambu vs. QIDI. You LITERALLY asked me why not QIDI. Guess what? Lack of features are my reasons. And they are valid.

If those don't matter to you, I don't really have anything else to say. I don't care what you find valuable or important (not being rude, but your preferences have no bearing on my purchase behavior or decision tree). I care about what I find valuable and important. and since you asked me my opinion (perhaps before too) I gave it to you.

If you ask me again in a week, I'll likely give you the same answers.

QIDI doesn't offer ANYTHING the Bambu doesn't, except build volume and a heated chamber, which the second is easily addressed, and I don't care as I don't print anything that requires it, and neither does most anyone else.

And the cost of the printer is literally nothing. I print more money in filament in 2 months than I spent on this printer. And have for years. The cost of the printer is inconsequential to me.

Again, maybe not the case for you, and that's okay. But for me, the Bambu is the obvious choice between the two.
View Quote

You quite literally put a sentence in quotes of something I did not write or imply.

There is a list of difference between the printers, and it’s readily available.  I should have left it at that.  I just wanted to have a discussion, being this is a discussion board.  You took it personally, like I purposefully stepped on your dog.

I’ll use your line, not to be rude, but do you think I care how much filament you use?  Do you think I care what you buy or why?  I did care about having a discussion.

I do regret asking what you thought when the differences between the printers are clearly stated.

All these threads turn to GD the longer they go on.  I’m out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#16]

You quite literally put a sentence in quotes of something I did not write or imply.

There is a list of difference between the printers, and it’s readily available.  I should have left it at that.  I just wanted to have a discussion, being this is a discussion board.  You took it personally, like I purposefully stepped on your dog.

I’ll use your line, not to be rude, but do you think I care how much filament you use?  Do you think I care what you buy or why?  I did care about having a discussion.

I do regret asking what you thought when the differences between the printers are clearly stated.

All these threads turn to GD the longer they go on.  I’m out.
View Quote

If you know the differences, and you don't care my reasons, there is ZERO to discussion to be had then, so why ask?

So buh-bye.

YOU brought features into the discussion by saying they are identical, which is so incorrect I can't take you seriously and then you did in fact say it's not the discussion despite you specifically mentioning it, so I will leave the quotes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, I will not be done using mine, but if I ever need real multi-color or multi-material they are not going to be on the list right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw a video a few weeks back that laid it out pretty fittingly.  It's like it's 2007 and Bambu is the Iphone, while Prusa is the Blackberry.  

Even if you're the big player today, you need to be able to innovate, or die.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#19]
Originally Posted By HighDesert6920:
Your post is one more reason I'm happy that ultimately I chose a Bambu X1C+AMS over the Prusa MK4 I had previously stated (in another thread) would be my choice.

Have had the X1C for several months, and so far it's been great.
View Quote

How many of us months ago were in somewhat swayed by Obsessed in regards to the Prusa MK4?

I didn’t want to buy Chinesium, I REALLY didn’t. I also didn’t want to buy something that I had to spend a week assembling, then dump more money into it to get it to work well, & then that’s not even a guarantee.

Doing research you watch a lot of reputable “Tubers” say “I was sent this printer & the company told me to say exactly what I thought with brutal honesty…” & then the overwhelming consensus was it’s good, like really good, & then to have people afterwards say the same thing, that speaks volumes to me. It’s something that you should pay attention to.

Now, here we are in the same boat with out of the box printer options, at a variety of price points, that just plain work.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

How many of us months ago were in somewhat swayed by Obsessed in regards to the Prusa MK4?

I didn’t want to buy Chinesium, I REALLY didn’t. I also didn’t want to buy something that I had to spend a week assembling, then dump more money into it to get it to work well, & then that’s not even a guarantee.

Doing research you watch a lot of reputable “Tubers” say “I was sent this printer & the company told me to say exactly what I thought with brutal honesty…” & then the overwhelming consensus was it’s good, like really good, & then to have people afterwards say the same thing, that speaks volumes to me. It’s something that you should pay attention to.

Now, here we are in the same boat with out of the box printer options, at a variety of price points, that just plain work.  

View Quote

To be fair the MK4 is a perfectly acceptable printer.

That said I'd not buy one. The AMS and CoreXY are too good. The enclosure is a nice bonus.

I've actually listed my MK3S+ and MMU3. It has sat idle for two weeks now, so will unload it and get a Mini or more likely a secondary AMS. I've needed five filaments for a print and was a little frustrated at only having four at my disposal.

First world probs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#21]

That said I'd not buy one. The AMS and CoreXY are too good. The enclosure is a nice bonus.

I've actually listed my MK3S+ and MMU3. It has sat idle for two weeks now, so will unload it and get a Mini or more likely a secondary AMS. I've needed five filaments for a print and was a little frustrated at only having four at my disposal.

First world probs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

First world probs.

That’s the crux of it, really.

Here we have something…. OooooooK-ish, while over here we have something next level.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#22]
It's very interesting to see the shift away from Prusa. I was never interested or impressed with them for the price. They were always considered an upgraded/fancy Anet A8 to me. I have a little ender 3 for home.

I have yet to run a Bambo. Not impressed with the first Gen Qidi XMax. My ender makes much better results than the gen 1 XMax ever has and I have spent a LOT more time with the XMax gen 1 than my ender.

I'm really impressed with the Snapmaker Artisan. It's expensive, $3500 for a 17x17x17 inch work area, dual extruder head, 10w laser, 40w laser and CNC head. It's been fantastic with every head and the best 3D printer I've used to date. But it's expensive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:42:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cobrasdh] [#24]
Creality is hot on the heels of Bambu imo. K2 with its own ams is coming soon. I just got the k1 (latest model) and have had only one complaint that the k1c already fixed. Bowden tube running in the chain which runs into the side of the printer. 8 minute print for new clips and problem solved. Otherwise the things a beast. Nylaug almost completely done and it's beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Broke down and ordered the X1C tonight. Wont retire the Anycubic Vyper....Or maybe I will, I dont do that much printing to need two printers
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Broke down and ordered the X1C tonight. Wont retire the Anycubic Vyper....Or maybe I will, I dont do that much printing to need two printers
View Quote

Haha, it will be retired. You just don't know it yet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: memsu] [#27]

No Multi-Material
No auto EM calibration.

View All Quotes

No Multi-Material
No auto EM calibration.

Based on my QIDI X-Plus3 Experience and I purchased a Bambu P1S (mainly for the AMS)

No auto Z, but Z offset is easily adjusted from the touch screen. I actually kinda prefer that.
No multi material is a definite negative, but not deal breaking.
I can change the nozzle in 20 seconds easy. Uses V6 style threaded nozzles just 2mm shorter than a normal volcano nozzle.
It has a built in carbon filter and fan.
It's flow calibrated for QIDI filament, but any other filament you need to calibrate anyway. I still have to calibrate filament on the Bambu if it's not Bambu filament.
HEATED Chamber (seriously people keep forgetting this thing has a heated chamber)
QIDI has OrcaSlicer profiles. I only use OrcaSlicer.
QIDI's product line isn't as polished as Bambu, but quite frankly their support has been fantastic. Bambu product support from the reviews I've seen are definitely lacking compared to QIDI.

Specs wise the QIDI bed gets hotter, the hotend gets hotter, the bed is bigger, and it has a heated chamber. These are all things it does better than Bambu.

No, it's not as polished as Bambu, but it definitely can compete with Bambu.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:01:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cobrasdh:
Creality is hot on the heels of Bambu imo. K2 with its own ams is coming soon. I just got the k1 (latest model) and have had only one complaint that the k1c already fixed. Bowden tube running in the chain which runs into the side of the printer. 8 minute print for new clips and problem solved. Otherwise the things a beast. Nylaug almost completely done and it's beautiful.
View Quote

Yeah, the video I saw of it looked pretty good, and it's supposed to have a heated chamber.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#29]
So, I don't want to get another printer yet, it is still just more of a hobby that I find I have less time for now that we're back in the office post-remodel/post-covid.

I am interested in upgrading my Mk3 to Mk4, but that's almost what my kit cost for the Mk3. Whilst doing something with water-soluble supports, or multi-color would be cool, I'm just not to the point I can justify it based on output.

Auto-leveling and faster printing would be nice.

Plus, there's no place in Oregon where I can walk in and buy a Bambu.

I'll probably upgrade to a Mk4 and leave it at that and scrap all the Lack enclosure crap and get an enclosure for the Mk4 after upgrading.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Bought the MK4 kit many months ago.  Put it together with no issues.  It is/was a good printer, never had a problem, but....  Adding an enclosure, adding MMS, etc, were more $$.  Not to mention all those printed parts it used and it is a bed slinger.

Bought a X1C with AMS a few weeks ago.  This thing just prints.  The MK4 is sitting on a shelf under the X1C for now.  I may build a table for it, or I may sell it.  Not sure yet.

FWIW I am not a pro at FDM like RP or Obsessed, I just find things I want to print and print them (some go bang)  Listen to them more than me, they are the experts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought my son an A1-mini on @Rat_Patrol 's review and yeah - it just prints stuff

We've had an Ender 3 Pro for a long time, but he would just get frustrated at the down-time and tweaking, when all he really wanted to do was design and print stuff.

Now waiting to see what large format printer they come out with.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Prusa is selling a smaller core x/y printer - in their commercial print farms right now.
That printer sort of looks like a mark IV but only different.  And I have seen other
conversion efforts to change Mark III to a similar configuration.   Current sales
are limited to the EU near Prusa as they refine the setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLMRAC2zJJA

Basic setup is to provide a block of printers geared for MFG.  I have seen the hardware
in a few of the 3D printer show casing the hardware.  

Right now my Mark IV does a bang up job on quality of prints that I need.  Mostly :)
I have other people who use different printers look at my prints and said - not sure if
the quality of that can be improved...maybe speed and similar quality but not marked
improvement.   Currently I only print in PETG and some PLA.  So we are not talking
a fancy setup.

Next step is to put a Mark IV in a box, so I am fixing / upgrading an old Mark III (no S or +)
to print ASA and other things that require better temperature control.

I don't think Prusa is done; but with the number of players out there that make some
mighty good printers  will prevent Prsua being the top dog.  However, I do think it can
be in the top 10 of 3d print mfg.

Right now I am converting my oldest Mark III (no S no +) into a mark IV.  I plan on
using that for ASA work.   Once that is done I am looking at the Voron 350x350 for
something I can print larger things.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I have an mk4 that I am selling because I decided to get a Bambu x1c with AMU.   The x1c is a nice printer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top