Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2024 11:40:27 AM EDT
I have been going to the VA for my two torn rotator cuffs.  I am actully in physical therapy for them.   Slight tears but still a tear.  I got a decision from the VA saying my tears are not service connected, but I was in Mosul when one tore and another was during the new PT Test when my arm popped and was taken to Medical. It was the new/old PT test because they changed the new one again.  They are saying these, and my back are not service connected but my Plantar fasciitis they are saying it is and I did not claim that, or the PTSD, from seven deployments.  I have medical appointments, meds from Active duty for all these aliments along with ADD for some reason but my back and 800mg Motrin I guess do not count?  

Any ideas on if I should file an Appel?  This stuff is in my medical records and the VA did take xrays last year.  

I have stayed active to keep all my joints from being un used so and I do have Sams Club or Costco special for Motrin every two-three months.  I am 45 years old and have two eight year old twins so year I stay active.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience, but I don't see why you wouldn't appeal a decision that seems wrong.

A friend of mine got a lot of help from DAV
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Appeal it ..

But I went with a lawyer..

You can PM me for who I used

They did all the appeals....

Because of them I am now 100%
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely appeal!! I am hoping you have either a physical or electronic copy of your medical records?  (You and I are nearly the same age, so I am guessing paper copy.)  I am not a VA rep, but I know they have a form that you can fill out that allows you to attach your medical record portions that apply to what you are filing for.  I had to do one appeal years ago.  Whoever the lawyer on the VA's end was CLEARLY wanted to be a dick and denied my claim, even though it is clear as day in my records.  It might be hugely to your advantage to get your local VETREP to help you with your appeal.  I wish I could hook you up with mine.  I don't have any leverage, but I have been through this convoluted VA system for years, and I will help you if I can.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I would definitely appeal. Get a copy of your C-file before you make any move but you do have 1 year from the decision date so don't  drag ass. File a VA-Form 21-0958 Notice of Disagreement with relevant medical records showing the injuries occurred during service AND continued to be problematic until now. There's a chance that when you review your C-file you'll see that they're arguing these are new injuries not linked to the old injuries. You may also need a new nexus letter stating that the current issues are linked to your service injuries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top