Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2024 1:23:23 PM EDT
Watching some coverage of RMRRF and this do dad caught my eye. The company is Rack Robotics and they make a set up to turn your 3D printer into a wire EDM machine. That seems really cool. I hope some stand alone videos come out so I can learn more. I hope it could be useful for Arfcom related things.

Rack Robotics
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Interested.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:44:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#2]
I just came into this forum to ask which specific Ender 3 models are 24V, because that's what Rack's new v2.0 system requires.

My CR-10S is a 12V system or else I'd convert it and build a Voron.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Intresting, but as someone that runs wedm machines professionally, I am very unsettled by the visible lack of many fundamental wedm machine componets. I will have to look in to this more later.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Happy to see that it will be open sourced.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
This caught my eye last night while scrolling tiktok.  I'm trying to think of a need to justify it.  We regularly send things out for wire EDM work at my job, but that's all larger stuff that this wouldn't handle and wouldn't be accurate enough for.  It may work well for a mag well on a 0%.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Rack Robotics also has a 1/16' brass electrode, EDM holder, for 3D printers posted on Printables:
https://www.printables.com/model/411361-edm-cartridge-electrical-discharge-machining

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top