Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2024 5:04:55 PM EDT
I've kinda been looking at RC boats for lake use. I've been a Traxxas guy for a while and then got into some axial crawlers. I see they still make the Traxxas blast and have been eyeing that one.

A 5 year old would occasionally be controlling it so Im not after anything crazy fast or complicated for me for repairs (ha). I'd prefer something at least hobby grade and not a 20-30 dollar Walmart special. I'm pretty sure I've seen it listed new for around 150. It would be cool if I could still use some 2S 2200 mah batteries I've already got for my planes.

I've searched a little bit but keep coming back to that one. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]

hobbyking.com

Lots of chinese goodness. They have US warehouses now so you dont have to wait 3 weeks to get stuff.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a proboats Vietnam PBR about 1/18 scale and maybe 16” long.   I think that is a horizon hobbies brand.   Might not be available in stores anymore.   Needs some crew figures.   Proboats has lots of other models.  

They have a 1/25 scale Swift boat now.   I want that one

Motion RC also imports boats.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
"5 year old would occasionally be controlling it"

Something like a tugboat is a great way to start and a lot of fun.  

https://vac-u-boat.com/Vacutug

https://zippkits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=498
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top